Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

JamesW
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Grabbed my first Nikka whisky today, a Yoichi 15. I had the Taketsuru 12 in my hands and as I started talking to the owner about my excitement that he had gotten a Nikka in, he smiled and said, "That's not the only one."Needless to say, I changed my mind. Can't wait to try this.

The Laddie Ten - have heard good things about this one.. but an unpeated Islay? Should at least be interesting.

Had a nice pour of the Laddie 22 the other day and posted my thoughts in the wee dram section. Everything great about it but the price.

Not purchased, but deciding if I should...ran across some Ardbeg Airigh Aam Beist today. Never seen it myself as I was paying none attention to scotch when this was last released. Reading mostly good to great things about it. On sale here for around $80. Wondering what personal opinions any of you SBers may have about this release.

Not purchased, but deciding if I should...ran across some Ardbeg Airigh Aam Beist today. Never seen it myself as I was paying none attention to scotch when this was last released. Reading mostly good to great things about it. On sale here for around $80. Wondering what personal opinions any of you SBers may have about this release.

I have always been an Ardbeg fan and this is a great whisky IMO,the price point is great it would be no brainer for me.I haven't seen one of these on a shelf in quite sometime and when they were they were always over $100 sometimes as high as $120.I know you have only recently partaken in the Islay field of whisky,if you enjoy smoke,fire and brimstone buy away as "The Beist" will not disappoint on any level.

If it were me, it'd be in my hand and out to the checkout in no-time-flat. The Beist is a good find in the wild.

We knew you would come around,glad to hear you picked it up for a reasonable price also,ENJOY!Now if I could just find some myself.

I went by the local to get some Rum and found McIvor scotch on sale. I'm only vaguely familiar with this brand having read about it on the scotch boards. Well, the price was right.

Picked up a bottle of Glenmorangie Ealanta today

I tasted this about a week before it was officially released. I thought it was fantastic. Very well balanced, front to back, with orange on the finish. Have you opened it yet?

A 13 year Aberfeldy, distilled in 1994 and bottled in 2007. A Binny's cask pick through the Signatory Vintage Un-Chillfiltered Collection at a sale price of $39.99. A delightful lemon bomb with a transition from sweet to dry and fading into black pepper, sour orange and light smoke. 46% abv and natural color...a bourbon lovers single malt.

Caol Ila 12 is a favorite of mine. I'm going to have to crack open my bottle now. :cool:

Opened mine as well. First bottle of Caol Ila for me. Really liked the way the flavor developed with a lot coming toward the end.

I stopped by Binny's to get some wine for the wife and a hygrometer for my new toy, and I told myself I wasn't going to buy any bourbon. I tried walking past the aisle without stopping, but I saw a bunch of sale tags on the Scotch side, so I couldn't resist. Grabbed the 12/17 Old Pulteney set, even though my flirtation with Scotch was waning. Popped both years open that night and fell in love with both. I'm so easy.

A bottle of Lot 40. Am looking forward to cracking it open...

Very interested to hear your thoughts -

I may have to drive up to BC this weekend to snag a bottle.

I picked up a Laphroaig 10yr CS bottled 2012 at 58.6% abv. I loved my Ardbeg 10yr and Lag16, but they are both gone and I needed something to replace them.

While bourbon is my go to whiskey, I've been getting more and more into foreign offerings. This week I picked up a Canadian Club Classic 12 year and a Balvenie Doublewood 17 year. I've had a spot of both but need to spend some quality time with each.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!