Operation Kegerator

SBOmarc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After kegs of SNPA, Firestone DB, Pyramid and Blue Moon Hefe all in 7.75's, I have decided that Lite Beer from Miller in the full 15.5 gallon was the next step.

It all starts Saturday Night with USC v OSU. It ends with MNF with my Eagles v Dallas. Lots of Sunday ball in between.

Gross. You should have added another faucet and run 2 five gallon kegs in there!

but I'm still mad about the Chargers/Denver team. In our hands and taken away...by the refs.

• 3 weeks later...

So far I've had Sam Adams Summer, Sam Adams Octoberfest, and now Victory HopDevil.

If anyone is on the fence about getting a kegerator I highly recommend taking the plunge. The only bad thing is the weight you might put on!

• 4 weeks later...

Sammy left us after almost 2 months. It was the World Series and all the visitors that brought it to it's end.

Tapped a Fat Tire half this morning. Hoping this will last until right before the holidays. As always, stop on by if you are in the area.

I kicked the HopDevil last weekend and ordered Troegs Hopback Amber but I'm still waiting for it to arrive. It won't be in until Wednesday, sigh. Regardless the next keg will be Sam Adams Winter Lager.

I just kegged 2 new beers last night. My first attempt at a Belgian Dark Strong turned out really well @ 10.3% ABV and a Belgian Stout @ 6.6% ABV. Stout tastes like a stout...tad dissappointed as I was expecting some dark fruit flavors to make it more 'belgiany'. I plan to still enter it in a competition but I know it'll get hammered as it 'lacks characterists of a true 'belgian'". Meanwhile, I made it with all european malts/hops/yeast and even added a can of treacle...dammit.

As it stands, I have all 10 kegs full of beer at the moment. Just bought 2 more kegs and I plan to brew 5 more times in '08 to make 30 batches of beer. Plus 3 batches of mead and 2 batches of cider. Tomorrow I plan to make another mead and a cider, then brew this weekend.

Sounds like you need to have a party!

I tapped my Hopback Amber last week. Nice IPA tasting Amber that is not as extreme as some of the others out there. Very pleasant with a nice hoppy aroma. Once this is done I will go for the Sam Adams Winter and after that a Porter or Stout.

Nice. I'm brewing 2 beers this weekend. And get around to working on the mead and cider. By sunday night I should have 4 fermenters bubbling away. I bought a 2nd fridge to use for fermentation control, but ambient air temp is now OK to ferment on the countertop.

So I've already bought a 2nd CO2 tank and tonight I'm swapping out all my kegs to start carbing up 5 new beers. I also need to hit my storage facitily up and pull out the beers that have been aging for 6+ months and get them carb'd up as well.

In 2009 I'll be brewing infrequently since all 12 of my kegs will be full. Just as a replacement basis. At some point I will host a bourbon 'n beer tasting at my place. I need to go hunt down this year's BTAC as well.

The Fat Tire keg is hanging around nicely. Trying to make this one get us up to Christmas and it seems to be working. Les people popping over and of course getting a job on my part helped.

Looking at an IPA for the holidays.

• 1 month later...

Have a Sam Adams regular in the kegger. Turned the temp down just a bit to get it colder than I have been running it.

What made you do that? SA's recommendation on temperature or you thought it'd taste better colder? I had my fridge set at 36 but have raised it to 40. The beers were just too cold, I need them a bit warmer.

I had been out and had SA at a local bar. It was much crisper and flavorful AND just a bit colder. That's why I did it.

• 1 month later...

Longboard Lager. Just a 5 gallon and it was a deal. It won't last too long, looking for suggestions.

After the Smuttynose Porter I went to Sierra Nevada ESB, I liked it but there was a flavor in it that didn't totally agree with me. Regardless, I kicked that on Saturday and need to pick something up today. Hopefully my local will have something in stock that tickles my fancy, I'm most likely going for Sam Adams Spring. However, I've been on a Belgian kick lately and might try Ommegang Rare Vos.

• 6 months later...

We have enjoyed a Sammy Summer and now October Fest.

Next will be a Stone product that has yet to be determined.

We have enjoyed a Sammy Summer and now October Fest.

Next will be a Stone product that has yet to be determined.

You're lucky, I cannot get Stone kegs around here (NJ). At this point I've tried all of the Sam Adams Seasonals and now I'm working my way through other brands. Here is what I've had thus far, (it's been a good 13 months!). I think my favorite thus far was DFH 60 Minute IPA. Everytime I poured one of those I was so, so happy.

Sam Adams Summer Ale

Sam Adams OctoberFest

Victory HopDevil

Troegs Hopback Amber

Sam Adams Winter Lager

Smuttynose Robust Porter

Sierra Nevada ESB

Sam Adams White Ale

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Smuttynose IPA

Victory Prima Pils

Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale

Got a picture of yours? I built a keggerator for homebrew. I wanted a normal fridge for the freezer on top. I use 5gal soda kegs for my beer. I found a great deal on stout faucets, 2 Guinness, one new and one used, so I picked those up. I don't have a tank of beer gas (75% nitrogen 25% Co2) yet, but should in a few months or so. Then I'll my Stouts will pour like Guinness does on tap... except mine taste way better :D . I had to take the restrictor plates out of the nozzles to use pure CO2. On the inside I have 2 picnic tap lines. When I get the money I will have 4-6 taps on the outside. I can fit 6 5gal kegs inside, but the gas tanks would have to be on the outside. I can't wait to get all 6. FYI, none of those bottles on the shelves are mine. I've lived with 4 girls for the past year. I don't drink Burnetts, haha. I hate clear liquor. I also have zip tied the 2 doors together.

keggerator.jpg

Got a picture of yours? I built a keggerator for homebrew. I wanted a normal fridge for the freezer on top. I use 5gal soda kegs for my beer. I found a great deal on stout faucets, 2 Guinness, one new and one used, so I picked those up. I don't have a tank of beer gas (75% nitrogen 25% Co2) yet, but should in a few months or so. Then I'll my Stouts will pour like Guinness does on tap... except mine taste way better :D . I had to take the restrictor plates out of the nozzles to use pure CO2. On the inside I have 2 picnic tap lines. When I get the money I will have 4-6 taps on the outside. I can fit 6 5gal kegs inside, but the gas tanks would have to be on the outside. I can't wait to get all 6. FYI, none of those bottles on the shelves are mine. I've lived with 4 girls for the past year. I don't drink Burnetts, haha. I hate clear liquor. I also have zip tied the 2 doors together.

keggerator.jpg

See here: http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10238&highlight=kegerator

I still serve only homebrew on tap but currently I have a 9mo old USA Barleywine at 9.8%, "The Cosby" an Imperial Pudding Porter at 9.1% (JELLO brand pudding w/ lactose, recipe needs refining) and a cherry bourbon oak aged cider on tap as well. I left it on the wood way too long and the bourbon is very faint.

Mid oct I'm making a fresh press cider run and will ferment out 12 gallons, that I'll play with/oak/fruit etc...

Once the temps get low enough, I"ll be able to hook back up my other 2 taps and have 5 flowing again. Still house hunting so I can build a bar and have 10 taps working. I'm crunched for space!

• 6 months later...

Been awhile since I've posted here. Moved in Dec, finally got a garage and built a new kegerator and I've started collecting wood working tools. Taking classes at Palomar College so my time has become very tight.

Here's the new kegerator:

2010-03-23%2021.40.50.jpg

Color is too orange-ish, it's actually candy apple red. Picked up an old chest freezer on the cheap, built a collar for the taps, bang to fit, paint to match. As much was bought used or I already owned and this thing was still expensive! Holds 9 five gallon kegs and 2 three gallon kegs. Currently have all my big 8%+ ABV beers down in the garage in it, some dating back to '08.

Almost done with the drip tray, got a few more pieces to JB Weld on, yeah, this is a redneck racin' kegerator! Still have 3 taps on in the kitchen and I'm brewin' my summer beers now, 4-5% light and refreshing.

Been awhile since I've posted here. Moved in Dec, finally got a garage and built a new kegerator.

Here's the new kegerator:

2010-03-23%2021.40.50.jpg

Point of form - should kegerators have Rally Stripes, stanhdard Go Faster Stripes or Exhaust Pipe flames?

:rolleyes:

Point of form - should kegerators have Rally Stripes, stanhdard Go Faster Stripes or Exhaust Pipe flames?

:rolleyes:

It's a box, do whatever you want. Beats looking at a banged up white rusty heap!

I'm a few days away from putting the faucet through the wall of my side by side kegerator.

I working on modifying the freezer side for lagering. I bought a Cornelius Creamer faucet on E-bay for $15 have two 20lb CO2 tanks, regulator, all hoses. the brass faucet will go through the side. Hope to add a second faucet soon. Looking for an antique brass beer faucet.

Just finished off a corny of California Common Ale and have copper ale in primary. Wheat beer this weekend. I will post shots as I go. I'm working on getting some diamond plate aluminum instead of paint. If not diamond, polished aluminum. (anybody got a large road sign?)

BTW. Also looking for a broken chest freezer for another project.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.