Operation Kegerator

SBOmarc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here is what I've had in the Kegerator thus far. I must say I am jealous of your homebrewing taps, I'd love to do that one day.

Sam Adams Summer Ale

Sam Adams OctoberFest

Victory HopDevil

Troegs Hopback Amber

Sam Adams Winter Lager

Smuttynose Robust Porter

Sierra Nevada ESB

Sam Adams White Ale

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Smuttynose IPA

Victory Prima Pils

Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Dogfish Head Chicory Stout

Victory HopDevil

Sierra Nevada Glissade Golden Bock

River Horse Milk Stout

I'm not even sure what I have in there, 6 taps are currently hooked up. American barleywine and Old Ale are from '08, HOTD Fred (wood) clone, but I think it probably needs to be dumped as I left the wood chips in there for over a year. A beer I totally screwed up by using cider yeast instead of ale yeast, oops, it's drinkable but not worth repeating. a Belgian dark strong, and I can't remember the 6th. Then 3 kegs of a RIS that is awaiting our bourbon barrel project, got a 55 gal used barrel keg from a brewery so we're going to do our own bourbon beer.

Upstairs is a RIS and another belgian dark strong. In the fermenter is a hoppy beer that'll soon go usptairs, a red ale hopped with columbus this weekend is next in the fermenter. that still leaves open 5 five gallon kegs, I've got 20 of the bastards but I can't recall what's in them unless looking at the brew board. I might get some chalk paint so I can number the taps so people can figure out what's where.

I'd go with all SS if I could, I need to replace 3 shanks though since they were free, but they're chrome. I also need to make another cider.

I hope you have a lot of help from some good friends to drink all of that!

I used to when I lived in the dojo, 3 to 4 people 3 to 4nights a week would keep my then 3 taps nearly dry. via them I brewed a ton (every other weekend) knocking out 30 batches per year for my first two years of all grain brewing. Learned a ton about brewing and my beers became much much better.

However, now I have 10 taps total, and rarely anyone over to drink it! The big beers in the racerator will last a long time, several can easily go to year 3 without going bad. Not all are full, so I've got to start thinking about brewing replacement beers. I've got more cold storage as well, so keepin' the big beers loaded is easy.

Upstairs I plan to put on more sessionable beers and once summer hits I hope to have people over to BBQ etc...Those beers will see more rotation than the garage beers.

Just gotta keep 'em out of my bourbon as well!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.