2008 Antique Collection Is Out.

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Is the current Saz 18 a product of another distillery? It certainly pre-dates the existence of Buffalo Trace...

No not another distillery, it is the same distillery but it has changed ownership hands and name changes over the years and decades and going back to other centuries actually.

No not another distillery, it is the same distillery but it has changed ownership hands and name changes over the years and decades and going back to other centuries actually.

Wikipedia has a somewhat incomplete history, but states that distilling on that site started in 1773 and dates the oldest standing building on the BT site to 1792. The article says that the actual distillery we know today was built by Harrison Blanton in 1812.

Where these facts come from is anyone's guess; Mike Veach may have enough information to clear up any guesses. He usually does. :)

Mike Veach may have enough information to clear up any guesses. He usually does. :)
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Speaking of Mr. Veach, shouldn't the book he's been working on be out soon?

Maybe "antique" refers to the prices that we have to charge for them? My gosh, I've already been tipped off by my supplier that the prices he's expecting to have to charge me this year are WAY up from last year, not that I'm terribly surprised, but still.

That's not welcome news, though unsurprising to some extent. If you are coorect and the prices are "WAY up", I won't be purchasing nearly as much this year. Damn.

I bought a bottle of George T Stagg last week in Jackson, MS, for $51. I thought it was the new release, but it is 144.8 proof, so I guess not. Oh well. . . . i'll just have to play catch-up.

I bought a bottle of George T Stagg last week in Jackson, MS, for $51. I thought it was the new release, but it is 144.8 proof, so I guess not. Oh well. . . . i'll just have to play catch-up.

Nothing wrong with starting with the 07... Gives you 2 years to compare... Congrats on the find at a great price

Looks like these will come out in the $60-62 range this year, ouch!

They were already $60 here last year. If there's a major price hike, I'll have to go to eating generic oatmeal twice a day to afford my Thomas H. Handy habit.

Which is worth it, but still.

They were already $60 here last year. If there's a major price hike, I'll have to go to eating generic oatmeal twice a day to afford my Thomas H. Handy habit.

Which is worth it, but still.

Oops, forgot to say that was what the pricing looked like for the incoming shipment in Louisville, last year I paid right around $45.

Crap. That means I'm probably looking at the $70's here. That's just not right. Will have to shop around this year.

When I was on vacation in Florida in July, I saw ER17 stray from 07 for 53.99 at an ABC liquor store in St. Petersburg. Last year I also saw 3 bottles of Stagg at a store near St. Pete Beach. I think these ran around 59.00!

Thonas

When I was on vacation in Florida in July, I saw ER17 stray from 07 for 53.99 at an ABC liquor store in St. Petersburg. Last year I also saw 3 bottles of Stagg at a store near St. Pete Beach. I think these ran around 59.00!

Thonas

That sounds about normal. I think I paid right around that for my Stagg last year from the shop just down from work (same business park). But I got her to bring it in specifically for me and I didn't have to go searching for it so I was willing to pay a little more.

Expected to arrive in No KY next week.

Got the call yesterday that my order of two bottles of 2008 BTAC

William Larue Weller was ready for pickup. Went to the Party Outlet this morning, and they are now in my possession. Thanks to OscarV for the recommendation of the WLW!

-Joe

Mmmmmmmmmmm...WLW. That was my birthday drink last night. Good stuff.

Well, Happy Birthday.:toast:

(add that to your profile and we might have known to do some well-wishing)

Well, Happy Birthday.:toast:

(add that to your profile and we might have known to do some well-wishing)

:slappin: Thanks and, D'oh!

As per the review and the comments, it looks like the price went up. :[ He says he was "told $65" but doesn't specify who told him this, I'm assuming someone from BT but for all I know... Last year the highest I saw these bottles for was $60 (in a store anyway...), how much did those who already got some of this years pay? Just wondering.

BTAC ranges from 59 and change to 61 each in Ohio depending on the local tax rate, though the entire allocation is already spoken for.

As per the review and the comments, it looks like the price went up. :[ He says he was "told $65" but doesn't specify who told him this, I'm assuming someone from BT but for all I know... Last year the highest I saw these bottles for was $60 (in a store anyway...), how much did those who already got some of this years pay? Just wondering.

I paid $54.99 apiece for the WLW.

-Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.