2008 Antique Collection Is Out.

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I paid $54.99 apiece for the WLW.

-Joe

Today? Great price!

They went on sale at Party Source at 8am today.

I love that WLW, I'm getting 4 this year.

Today? Great price!

They went on sale at Party Source at 8am today.

I love that WLW, I'm getting 4 this year.

I brought 6 glasses & one of the bottles to work with me today and my workmates had a sample...You were right on the money, Oscar...

Excellent!

-Joe

I could live with that price. Definitely picking up more Weller this year if I can get my hands on it.

I just so happen to have a 2005 Larue open now.

I think I'll empty it tonight and clear the deck for the 2008's.

I paid $54.99 apiece for the WLW.

Not bad, glad to hear; hopefully my retailers have similar pricing! Thanks.

Any idea if this is going to hit san diego before Halloween? I'm headed to Portland that day and my buddy's up there love the BTAC. So either in SD before the 31st or the weekend of Nov 1 in Portland? And where to find bourbon in Portland?

Any idea if this is going to hit san diego before Halloween? I'm headed to Portland that day and my buddy's up there love the BTAC. So either in SD before the 31st or the weekend of Nov 1 in Portland? And where to find bourbon in Portland?

From what I recall it was typically more like mid November when it made it to the west coast. I usually was able to bring one up at Thanksgiving time.

I've been wondering too. I'm sure it will be a hunt as I've only spotted a few older bottles around town. I very well could be looking in all the wrong places though.

I called a few places trying to see if they could order me a bottle or two but they were just annoyed that someone would call a liquor store and nobody knew what I spoke of.

I will start looking around in November I guess.

I picked up 4 of the 5 (didn't get the WLW) for $64/bottle at Capital Cellars in Frankfort last week. I picked up the WLW this week at Red Dot (the smaller store close to the BT distillery) for $61 this week.

Since I can't get them at all in Atlanta I was lucky to be in the area for business and picked them all up. We got into the Stagg and Sazerac this past weekend and they were great. We'll be geetting into the others this weekend.

I've been wondering too. I'm sure it will be a hunt as I've only spotted a few older bottles around town. I very well could be looking in all the wrong places though.

I called a few places trying to see if they could order me a bottle or two but they were just annoyed that someone would call a liquor store and nobody knew what I spoke of.

I will start looking around in November I guess.

Bourbon is not a popular drink in SD. Most people will have no idea and it can be hard to find the Pappy's etc... There are a few places to check out, Holiday Wine Celler being #1. Bevmo doesn't get much and it goes very fast, but you can call them. The smaller liquer stores...it's a total crapshoot. Most of the time they will say "Yes we can order anything you want" but BTAC is such limited quantities they can't.

Yay!! The BTAC finally hit at HiTime today. I picked up some WLW, ER, and Stagg...

I haven't had the pleasure before, so I'm absolutely giddy at the prospect of trying the Stagg. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Yippee!!!!!

Picked up my bottle of stagg today... Along with 5 other guys from work. It will be my first bottle. I had a taste of the 2007 and it was really smooth.

We might actually be getting some of these here in NH. The NH Liquor Commission lists them on their website but so far has not listed any as "in stock." The website is not very reliable so maybe a phone call or two is in order.

What are you guys liking from this year's release? I have not tried any of them yet, so a recommendation would be most welcome.

Cheers!

They didn't appear on the shelves in NH until January last year and were gone within a week. Looks like the price might have only gone up a dollar, which is a relief.

What are you guys liking from this year's release? I have not tried any of them yet, so a recommendation would be most welcome.

I've tried the Stagg, Sazerac, and Weller so far and all are good. Despite the high proof I found the Weller to be incredibly smooth with little burn. The Stagg and Sazerac will kick your butt with their spicyness (sic?) but they are so yummy.

I was hoping to bring a bottle of Big Saz w/ me to Portland today, but instead I had to 'settle' for Pappy 20. This'll be my first tasting of this beast. I love Lot B and 15yr so I'm VERY much looking forward to the 20.

$83/bottle as well. Another store I saw it at $130.

I picked up a bottle of each from TPS about a week and a half ago. I've only had the Sazerac so far, but I must say it was VERY good.

While at work today, I got a call on my mobile phone with a Columbus, Ohio area code. My initial thought was that it was some last minute political call, then it dawned on me that the Ohio DLC was calling me about my BTAC order through the state.

The caller told me that my BTAC order was in the local warehouse and, unless they miss the truck, the bottles will be at the store of my choice on Thursday. Woot!

I was successful in getting Ohio's Stagg allocation tripled from last year (nine bottles vs three last year) and I also got them to allocate a case of Sazerac 18.

Next year, I'm shooting for getting enough of the entire collection so that they can stock some stores with it.

There is one or two... I picked up a bottle of the 06 weller and the 40th from one a while back... search on line. That is how I found them a year or so ago...

I thought it was www.moraswines.com, but I cannot find Stagg or Weller on their webpage

Here in N Cal, my local BevMo got their yearly alotment of George T. Stagg, today... 6 bottles. None of the other offerings yet.

havent seen it offered any where else locally, yet.

I got my LION share of Stagg... Nowm, looking for Handy and Weller.

Anyone know what the best offering is for this year_?_?

who knows, may be next year, I might not be able to aford these.

A couple of quick questions for those that have had the 07 and 08 WLW. How do they compare? Which is best in your opinion? Thanks in advance. Joe

I am agreeing with John Hansell of Malt Advocate. I think this years Weller is quite a bit better than last years. More balace and a much more rounded Bourbon. I will be picking up my share of it tonight, though I do have one open at home the rest just showed up.

These thoughts also stand true for the Stagg! I think this years Stagg is much better than the last couple years as well. Although you know how that goes on opinions Joe. :grin:

There's my $.02

Tony

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.