Empty Bottle Support Winter '08/'09

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Combined two open bottles of Weller Centennial. One is now gone. It was good while it lasted.:cry: Joe

a 375 of WT 8 yr 1992 and Weller Julio's style 13yr went down this week... both gone... but not forgotten....

Finished off my FR:120th over the weekend. I kind of wish I'd finished off my FR1B this weekend instead, the FR1B I have open now isn't as good as the 120th or the last FR1B I had.

Just finished off my bottle of Knob Creek in a couple of very nice Manhattans for me and the missus.

So much for that xmas present.

Night before last at the Ranch we finished off '06 Handy, a Black Maple Hill 14 year, and a WT101. It was a struggle and I am very sad to see the Handy and BMH go.

I'm currently visiting friends in N.C. and so far we've taken out:

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit Bourbon Society Selection

Woodford Reserve Bourbons Bistro Selection

Old Forester Prohibition

Finished a bottle of KC and a bottle of WR. Slowly but surely making some room in the bunker. Joe

Finished off an '08 Saz18 last night. It was a good bottle but I think I prefer the few earlier releases of it to this one. This is just one of several bottles that only have a pour or two left in them that will be finished soon, gotta clean up for the new year!

Tonight the 4R1B bites the dust. I won't really miss this one too much and hope my next bottle is more like the first one I had as the nose in this one was a bit green and, ironically, stale at the same time; the taste in this one often has a hint of what I think bourbon would taste like if you dissolved a multi-vitamin in it, there are some other more pleasing flavors as well but this is the dominant taste all the way through the finish. This bottle was filled from barrel 9-4F from warehouse KE.

Emptied a bottle of Baker's tonight...I really enjoyed this, but it started to be a little funky on the last couple of pours -- I got a really strong peanut flavor. Anyway, making room for more open bottles on the bar from the bunker...plus this is an easy one to come by.

Knocked two off today so far. KC and Weller SR. Who knows how many I'll get by the end of the day. I'm on a mission.:893drillsergeant-th Joe

:lol:

Anyhow, sadly came to the end of Rowan's Creek yesterday (but with a paddle this time). What a surprisingly good whiskey. Never thought I'd like one that sweet. Bought one for a friend a couple weeks ago and her family drank the whole thing between them on New Year's Eve!

That would be me. Sadly, my dear sons cleaned me out of house and home while on break from college. Grrrr!! Time to restock.

While in chat last night killed off a fighting Cock and OGD BIB going to have to make a stop tomorrow while in Maryville.

Killed my first bottle of whiskey that I can't easily replace tonight....VSOF from the Bourbon Heritage Collection. Luckily I picked up three identical bottles and have two more bunkered, but I still feel a little anxiety...this stuff was really good....it definitely help me make my mind up bout wheat. So long, fallen soldier!:bowdown:

Just finished my Julio's Weller Centennial. It was a good bottle.

Also, my bottle of RHF has roughly .25 ozs left. :(

VWFRR No. I1376 gave up the ghost tonite while watching the Gators-Sooners......a fine way to see it off to Empty Bottle Valhalla!

100 Month Jim Bean 80 proof 1987 bourbon up... and bottle down during the game. Remarkable good. I would never have believed it was 80 proof or beam if I did not know myself.. dark, rich, complex, butery.. wow

An '06 Saz just met it's demise.

I just hate tossing out any BTAC bottle...:(

An '06 Saz just met it's demise.

I just hate tossing out any BTAC bottle...:(

I keep the corks.... sort of like dog tags for a fallen soldier...

I emptied a handle (over the course of a few months) of VOB BIB. Looks like it would be wise to purchase a couple to replace that one just in case.

Finished an easily replaceable EC12 yesterday ... it has become a "daily" primer, usually followed up with something a little bolder.

Not so easily replaced (sort of) was a recently finished MM bottle from "my" barrel's batch, via the ambassador thingy. I probably won't open the second one.

my one and only 1963 Old Fitz BIB went down tonight... it will be missed, but remembered so well...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.