Jefferson's Reserve Presidential Select 17yr

BengalMan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Word is that this will be bottling in the next 2 weeks or so and will be hitting shelves soon there after. Around 3100 cases, and from what I've been told, under a 1/3 of that will be allocated for the KY market. I believe retail will be ~$85. I for one am looking forward to this release.

You are not alone. I'm getting pretty giddy waiting for this Presidential reserve, the 4 roses barrel strength, and the btec. I'd like the Hirsch, but my lotto numbers never seem to work. Oh...and 4 months or so till btac. Oh no. I've turned into a total bourbon nerd. Should be a fun few months hunting these down.:cool:

I picked up the 2 bottles of the 2009 Four Roses Barrel Strength already along with 2 each of the BTEC. The Presidential is next on my list. Ugh, my wife is gonna off me. I recently went on a Guatemalan Zaya Rum kick hunting and buying every bottle of the Guatemalan bottling in sight, lol. Thank god the BTAC is 4 months away, lol.

You are not alone. I'm getting pretty giddy waiting for this Presidential reserve, the 4 roses barrel strength, and the btec. I'd like the Hirsch, but my lotto numbers never seem to work. Oh...and 4 months or so till btac. Oh no. I've turned into a total bourbon nerd. Should be a fun few months hunting these down.:cool:

Also there is the 3rd in the Parker's Heritage Collection and the 2nd of 4R's Mariage.

It doesn't seem to end.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Jefferson's Reserve is a personal favorite. Thanks for the info, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

When Jefferson's Reserve was 15 yr old, I thought that it was exceptional. When it was changed to "Very Old" (12-17 yrs), it was not quite as good. It will be interesting to see how the new 17 yr compares.

When Jefferson's Reserve was 15 yr old, I thought that it was exceptional. When it was changed to "Very Old" (12-17 yrs), it was not quite as good. It will be interesting to see how the new 17 yr compares.

I agree, the original 15 year release was very nice, but the bottle I bought about a year ago wasn't very interesting.

What's the source of the 17 year stock?

Craig

Also there is the 3rd in the Parker's Heritage Collection and the 2nd of 4R's Mariage.

It doesn't seem to end.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Stimulus, man, think stimulus.

I agree, the original 15 year release was very nice, but the bottle I bought about a year ago wasn't very interesting.

What's the source of the 17 year stock?

Craig

I'm intrigued -- at the Julio's tasting in Massachusetts a couple months ago, Trey Zoeller hinted at S-W as the source! 17 years would put it right at the end of production, no?

When is Parkers 3rd edition coming out?

The first two were Autumn releases so I'd bet the the 3rd will be to.

Speculation is that it will be a rye.

Those Rittenhouse Ryes, 21yo and 23yo, that HH put out for big bucks didn't sell as well as expected.

So maybe it'll be a rye.

They released two bourbons and have a rye, corn and wheat to go to complete the collection.

I'm intrigued -- at the Julio's tasting in Massachusetts a couple months ago, Trey Zoeller hinted at S-W as the source! 17 years would put it right at the end of production, no?

The article in Bourbon Review said it was 400 barrels of SW juice that was discovered I would love to get a bottle of this.

The article in Bourbon Review said it was 400 barrels of SW juice that was discovered I would love to get a bottle of this.

I dont get this. HOw does one just "discover" 400 barrels?

I dont get this. HOw does one just "discover" 400 barrels?

From my understanding Buffalo Trace had some barrels of SW whiskey that were under contract to Seagrams (? or some other Canadian whiskey mfg). It was used to blend in Canadian whiskey.

I'm guessing that this is where this barrels came from (if it is indeed SW whiskey).

If it was really SW bourbon in those barrels, wouldn't they just come out and say it??

The distillery is long gone. No need to protect the identity of a defunct distillery.

From my understanding Buffalo Trace had some barrels of SW whiskey that were under contract to Seagrams (? or some other Canadian whiskey mfg). It was used to blend in Canadian whiskey.

I'm guessing that this is where this barrels came from (if it is indeed SW whiskey).

Isnt that whats in there now?

Is it the horse piss or the cherry infusion that improves it? There's probably not any horse piss in it. That goes into the white label.

Is it the horse piss or the cherry infusion that improves it? There's probably not any horse piss in it. That goes into the white label.

Interesting news, in the latest edition of the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), the entry "thread drift" makes reference to this very thread.

17 yr. Stitzel-Weller to be blended in Canadian Whiskey...:cry:I can hardly say that, without crying. :cry:

Been happening for quite some time now going into Crown Royal, as I believe Diageo had 2000 barrels of it being used for blending.

The base whiskey can be made in the US or Canada, but it takes Canadian know-how to ruin it to the point where they can call it Canadian Whiskey. :cool:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.