Jefferson's Reserve Presidential Select 17yr

BengalMan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

IIRC, there will be an 18 yr old released next year.

I was thinking they should call it "Barely Legal KSBW"

That may be true but I don't think that's what influenced my comment.

For some reason the idea of an 18 year old whiskey popped into my head the other day along withe the legality thing and then I remembered a mention of their 18 year they'll release next year.

Whatevr the case, I look forward to trying some of the JRPS SW 17.

That may be true but I don't think that's what influenced my comment.

For some reason the idea of an 18 year old whiskey popped into my head the other day along withe the legality thing and then I remembered a mention of their 18 year they'll release next year.

Whatevr the case, I look forward to trying some of the JRPS SW 17.

I picked up a bottle of it...I'm going to pick another up here in the next week...my guy at my local store was cool enough to hook me up with his employee discount so I was able to score them for $79.99 each. If you want me to pick you up one let me know. We can trade JRPS SW 17 for ER 10/90...somehow that doesn't seem like a fair trade! :eek:

I was thinking since there are two different batches has anyone tried both...my bottle is from batch 1 and looking at some pics I see that other members bottles are from batch 2?

Looks like some postal mini bottle swapping is in order.

I have some JRPS17yo coming later this month I'll check to see which batch it is.

Veritas

It has hit the distributor inactive file, but not in the active system yet. I expect it to be available in the next week.

Anyone in AZ find any yet?

I've called multiple shops and get the same reply.

"I'll check with my distributor and get right back to you."

They never call back.

Give me a break!

A lot of us are getting tired of the distributors being in the pockets of the politicians.

Nope... nothing in AZ South.... Not sure if we will get any. There is some 08 Weller sitting around if you are looking for it...

Nope... nothing in AZ South.... Not sure if we will get any. There is some 08 Weller sitting around if you are looking for it...

I'm looking for it. Apparently in the wrong state :)

I just stumbled across this thread...oh my. Going to have to siphon off a smidge of the next few gigs...most of that's going to the general fund since we had to get my wife a new car...but I gotta get a bottle of this. This juice sounds soooo tempting...

I sent an email to Castle Brands, asking them if ALL of the bourbon in the Jefferson PS was distilled at Stitzel-Weller. Trey Zoeller quickly wrote me back with this:

"That is correct, the bourbon was distilled in November and December of 1991 at Stitzel-Weller. I hope you get a chance to enjoy a bottle."

Well, that's good enough for me. It's still an odd choice of words on the label IMO, but I see no reason to now doubt what is in the bottles. Stitzel-Weller bourbon.

I used a separate method, but got confirmation as well.

I believe the wording is for future use. These current bottles are 100% SW, but that does not mean the next rounds (if they make any) have to be.

Drink up fellas, and ladies, your drinking history.

Just found out that Southern Distributors here in AZ has none, so any retail outlet that is supplied by them doesn't have any, and who knows when.

Wonderful.

Means I might have to get some using "alternative methods."

West coast distributors do not have it in stock yet it is on the way. When it is in the inactive file that means it is on its way and waiting for a product number and price. I will post as soon as it hits the active file.

figured it'd be here soon. stopped in Binny's Highland Park this evening for Octoberfest beer and checked the bourbon aisle.....there it was..I grabbed the first bottle, but my wife pointed out I should check the numbers (she knows me well) and there was 2112. Grabbed 2122 for a friend (batch 1)

can't wait to taste it. I'm on call, so it probably won't be until next week.

JRPres2112a.jpg

bigtoys, nice choice in music.

Saw them live in the early '80's in college--unbelievable show.

Still waiting to hear from the local retailers on availability ETA.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.