What Bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2009

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stitzel Weller bourbon.

There was another Cabin Still but it got opened for immediate consumption. I was thinking about getting a mini barrel for these three, in hopes of adding some oak/complexity to the straightforward buttery almond flavor. It also needs some extra proof, so I may try vatting with something 100+ proof and see how that works out.

post-4395-14489815891946_thumb.jpg

I guess I didn't buy enough bourbon at the KBF. :rolleyes: Had to run to Milwaukee tonight after work. Stopped at a couple of places on the way home. Found a couple of steals at one place that I just couldn't pass up. I bought 2 bottles of WTRR 10/90 for $17.99 each, and a bottle of ER 10/90 for $20.99. There were a couple of WTKS pewter tops that I passed on at $46.99 each. Good selection at this place, but some of their prices were weird. I got good deals on the WTRR and ER, but they had a couple of things that were a bit high. WTRB for $39.99 was one. Wish I could have found the WTRB for $17.99 too. I may have vatted an entire bottle of the WTRB and WTRR together. :yum: Joe

I guess I didn't buy enough bourbon at the KBF. :rolleyes: Had to run to Milwaukee tonight after work. Stopped at a couple of places on the way home. Found a couple of steals at one place that I just couldn't pass up. I bought 2 bottles of WTRR 10/90 for $17.99 each, and a bottle of ER 10/90 for $20.99. There were a couple of WTKS pewter tops that I passed on at $46.99 each. Good selection at this place, but some of their prices were weird. I got good deals on the WTRR and ER, but they had a couple of things that were a bit high. WTRB for $39.99 was one. Wish I could have found the WTRB for $17.99 too. I may have vatted an entire bottle of the WTRB and WTRR together. :yum: Joe

Rare breed is almost impossible to find less than 39.99 here. I'm jealous of your other finds, though...

Stitzel Weller bourbon.

There was another Cabin Still but it got opened for immediate consumption. I was thinking about getting a mini barrel for these three, in hopes of adding some oak/complexity to the straightforward buttery almond flavor. It also needs some extra proof, so I may try vatting with something 100+ proof and see how that works out.

Got my shipment of two Four Roses Single Barrel Angel Share bottles, a single barrel ETL, and a single barrel Buffalo Trace. All very fine juice!

-Clay

Just grabbed a Ritt BIB and a TH Handy 2008. I've never seen the Ritt in these parts and have always wanted to try it. I'm currently loving it at $18 for 750 ml.

While passing through Louisville, i picked up a few gems.....

1.75 Weller SR

1.75 Weller 7/107

1 liter of AAA10 yr

and I found a bottle of Wathens bottled in 2006. it is one of the darkest bourbons I have seen:bigeyes: it was twice as dark as the other Wathens on the shelf with it.:grin:

Finally found a 750ml of WTRB...and it was on sale for $29.99. Is that a good price for RB? Best Barrell Proof Bourbon price I've seen here in HI.

Finally found a 750ml of WTRB...and it was on sale for $29.99. Is that a good price for RB? Best Barrell Proof Bourbon price I've seen here in HI.

It's $37 here in Lexington, KY so I'd say thats a great deal.

Picked up a bottle of ER 17yr Fall 2007 today...they had that and the 2006 but I already have a bottle of the 06 so I figured that I'd try the 07 out.

CajunKY,

I can tell you a place where WTRB is $30 everyday here in Lexington, KY.

Do tell. Shopper's Village is usually a couple of bucks higher than their counterpart Liquor Barn.

Up for dusty hunting sometime?

-Clay

Clay,

On Versailles Rd, next to the closed Dairy Queen is a liquor store called Thoroughbred Liquor...WTRB is $30, WTRR90 runs about $22. Prices are pretty good. Liquor Barn has it for about $32.

Haven't had much time with a family and a business to dusty hunt. Have tried a few locations here and there without much success.

Sarezac Rye Whisky....okay not bourbon, but if I'm not mistake it's something that's generally liked around here right?

Now to get some Peychaud bitters.

Sarezac Rye Whisky....okay not bourbon, but if I'm not mistake it's something that's generally liked around here right?

Now to get some Peychaud bitters.

Nice pick-up, Drazz. Baby Saz generally liked?.....well.....Probably more like...Overwhelmingly Adored!! :) Well, at least to me... Try it with a fudgesicle. :yum: One of my all-time favorite combinations.

Today I bought 2 500ml and 1 200 ml Medley Bros BiB. YUM!

Fudgesicle? really? a fudgesicle?

I was thinking RC cola and a moon pie.

Today I bought 2 500ml and 1 200 ml Medley Bros BiB. YUM!

Fudgesicle? really? a fudgesicle?

I was thinking RC cola and a moon pie.

RC Cola and a moon pie huh? Brings back some fond childhood memories.:grin: Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!