What Bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2009

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I told myself I wouldn't (who was I kidding), but I bought a bottle of Parker's Heritage Collection Golden Anniversary.

Picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare 10yo 90 proof during my lunch break. I haven't tried this bourbon before, but saw it recommended serveral times on the message board. Can't wait till works over :)

Thanks to CajunKY I was able to pick up 2 bottles of ETL 90th Birthday bourbon...these aren't available in Chicagoland so I'm very excited to get my hands on a couple...thanks again Clay! :)

Thanks to CajunKY I was able to pick up 2 bottles of ETL 90th Birthday bourbon...these aren't available in Chicagoland so I'm very excited to get my hands on a couple...thanks again Clay! :)

Picked up a bottle of OWA in the new Weller 12-style bottle...NAS now. Weller SR's showing up in that bottle now too, saw it at the other Woodman's...didn't think to look to see if it's now NAS also...

Got a parcel from Binny´s via a middleman in Germany yesterday. I got 2 Handy 2008 and 1 WLW 2008 for myself and the following 5 for my local bourbon club BBB: VOB 100, OFBB 2008, Michter´s 10 rye, R 1 and rendezvous rye. I must say that I am extremely curios about the rendezvous.

Leif

I'm pretty excited. For the first time, I found bottles of WLW and GTS at a store. Though money is a little tight, I couldn't resist picking up a bottle of each. :toast:

One question. Can someone maybe tell me if the bottle of WLW is 2008 or 2009? The number on it is J1960908-43.

Thanks.

Got my 2009 GTS, WLW, and ER17. All but the ryes sold out in record time here in No. KY.

I'm pretty excited. For the first time, I found bottles of WLW and GTS at a store. Though money is a little tight, I couldn't resist picking up a bottle of each. :toast:

One question. Can someone maybe tell me if the bottle of WLW is 2008 or 2009? The number on it is J1960908-43.

Thanks.

George, what's the proof? I don't know what 2009 is, but the rest go like this:

2008 125.3

2007 117.9

2006 129.9

2005 121.9

If it's a proof other than these, it's the 2009.

George, what's the proof? I don't know what 2009 is, but the rest go like this:

2008 125.3

2007 117.9

2006 129.9

2005 121.9

If it's a proof other than these, it's the 2009.

The Weller is 134.8, and the Stagg is 141.4. Looks like they are both 2009, then.

Thanks for the reply and info, Joe.

Picked up another WLW 09 for the bunker. I think I will open one of them tonight. Unfortunately due to work bs I have to go in this weekend and I am not happy about it (but at least I have a job). So I may just go with something I know. I hate to go into an anticipated bottle while disgruntled.

Not bourbon, but I picked up a bottle of George M. Tiddy's Canadian Liqueur for a friend. My wife and I are going over to another couples house tomorrow for dinner and drinks, and my friend likes the stuff. I'm pretty sure he's out, and besides, it's cheap. :grin: Joe

I want to pick up a BTAC 2009 WLW, GTS, and ER17 but they haven't hit Chicago yet from what I see...anyone here caught a glimpse of any?

Last night this time I picked up a 2007 Parkers Heritage and tonight picked up a JRPS lot 2.

There will be a coolling-off period for my check card for the next week or two.

I caved and bought a Stagg and WLW. I am not liking the $69 price tag !!!!:smiley_acbt: :hot:

And added another OWA to the stash. Trying to pick up a few cases of this stuff while it still has an age statement. I think we're in "Number 8" territory.

The recent Van Winkle bottlings have appeared on the local shelves. Quantities are said to be very limited. So I picked up PVW15 and Lot B... a pair of each for the bunker.

I caved and bought a Stagg and WLW. I am not liking the $69 price tag !!!!:smiley_acbt: :hot:

Caved?

Did you break a New Year's Resolution?:grin:

Maybe by caved, he means bunkered.:lol:

Been awhile since Ive made the trip to KY and a recent layoff has my funds a bit more tied....But, I've been waiting for the BTAC offerings to make one more run across the border for a bit...

Stagg-2

WLW

Handy

Four Roses Marriage

ETL Birthday

PVW 15

Jeff Pres 17

More than enough to keep my nose and palate happy through fall and winter!!!

Cracked the FR and its one of the best ryes Ive had in a while. Fruity, spicy, minty, and the nose lasts long after the glass is dry....

Cheers

After having tasted the NAS OWA the closest Woodmans got in I grabbed another for the bunker (my first taste of OWA, and it reminded me of the Everett's single barrel of SR but with more caramel and higher proof, but has some of those apple notes I really love, so I wanted more of that batch they got. There's half a dozen left yet.) There's some of the older OWA at the other Woodmans well on the other side of town, I might swing by there this week since I'll be doing some work at our other warehouse on that end of town. They have the Weller SR in the new bottle there too I think, it'll be interesting to see if the age statement is gone from that also.

I haven't gone whiskey hunting in well over a year -- and, frankly, I didn't do so today, though I ran across something to buy anyway.

post-367-14489816008782_thumb.jpg

I stopped to visit a couple of liquor stores I hadn't been into for several years during a wandering, first-day-of-fall-break drive, not looking for anything in particular nor expecting to find anything in particular.

At one store, where I'd found a handful of gems previously, I finally grabbed off a Glen Ord 12yo single malt Scotch which I'd known had been there during previous visits. However, he was down to a single one with holiday packaging -- in this case, an additional 375ml bottle for no additional cost (the labeling's copyright was 1997). By the way, Glen Ord hasn't been imported into the U.S. for several years.

post-367-14489816008471_thumb.jpg

Anyway, I've mentioned this bottling previously to dougdog, and would be glad for his -- or anyone else's -- thoughts on its desirability.

I sometimes think to look through Woodford Reserve stocks -- which otherwise don't really interest me -- in order to discover any remaining Lincoln Henderson-'signed' bottles. The only one in this store was an early Lot 27 liter, which I'd estimate was bottled c. 1999-2001 -- well before any pot-stilled whiskey made it into the batching. In other words, this is the WR that people remember when they claim today how good it is.:smiley_acbt:

post-367-14489816009095_thumb.jpg

post-367-14489816008471_thumb.jpg

post-367-14489816008782_thumb.jpg

post-367-14489816009095_thumb.jpg

Stagg-2

WLW

Handy

Four Roses Marriage

ETL Birthday

PVW 15

Jeff Pres 17

That's quite a haul - that's a top shelf to be proud of - a really sweet collection of great juice.

Yesterday I got 4 200 ml Old Taylor BiB bottles - from the early 80's.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!