OWA-NAS/new label

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In response to the comments from the neo-connie waterboard boy,

Hey UU, let me clue you in, we just pretend that he is OK cuz we just luv everybody here on the mighty mighty SB.com.

Oh, btw, did you mean neo-connie or neo-commie?

Brad ain't neither, at least I hope he's not a neo-connie.:bigeyes:

At a minimum, they probably want to have the flexibility to put younger juice in OWA / WSR if needed. (Do they really need to have both of those expressions?)

No. If it came down to it I'm sure they would discontinue WSR. Who needs that stuff?

No. If it came down to it I'm sure they would discontinue WSR. Who needs that stuff?

Texas.

Contrary to what some folks here may think, WSR is the label that drives the train. I'm too lazy to look, but I think the sales split is 70/30 or higher WSR to Antique.

Texas.

Contrary to what some folks here may think, WSR is the label that drives the train. I'm too lazy to look, but I think the sales split is 70/30 or higher WSR to Antique.

Thanks callmeox as that finally explains to me why there is a lot of WSR but not much of any other Weller or BT products in Eagle County, Colorado, which has a lot of visiting and second home Texans. I always wondered about that in my frequent stays and dusty hunting due diligence throughout that area.

When I was in Texas and Oklahoma.Weller Special Reserve seems to be on the shelves of most bars.Did not see any OWA 107.

Mike

I need it...It's my everyday wheater. It has a place on my shelf right next to the BT and WT101.

I need it...It's my everyday wheater. It has a place on my shelf right next to the BT and WT101.

Heh, that's cool. I'm just saying I wouldn't be sad if SR went away, OWA oto.......... is my everyday wheater.

Hey Scott, I think the ratio is even higher than 70/30. IIRC, I think its 85/15 WSR/W107.

It is indeed very common to see WSR as the well bourbon at any decent bar in Texas. As the price of WSR has risen the past few years, Beam White has made serious inroads to replace it.

Randy

Heh, that's cool. I'm just saying I wouldn't be sad if SR went away, OWA oto.......... is my everyday wheater.

That's fine. I like OWA too, but it has disappeared from the shelves of my fave booze stores lately. Hence, SR has taken its place in my liquor cabinet.

Our state controlled ABC recently dropped WSR. Fortunately they still have OWA. We've still got an ample supply of older WSR and OWA w/AS on the shelves. I still pick up a few for the bunker here and there. I have had a few bottles of the new OWA. Personally I see no difference in terms of quality and taste when comparing it to the older bottle. I have yet to open up a bad bottle of either. Hopefully that trend will continue.

For any New Yorkers on the board, there's a place under the BQE near Clinton Hill that has about 7-10 more liter bottles of OWA with the age statement for $23 even. The bottom of the bottle has '99, and the proof of purchase number has 88004, which means it's BTAC, I think. I really liked my first few pours. Last night's was not as good, but I think that was the Thai food I had that messed with my palate.

They had one 750 of the gold threaded older bottles ('95 on the bottom) but I already bought it. I kept needling the guy, asking if they had any more, but he claimed they did not.

I did a little hunting over the weekend and found two places that had just put out what looked like one case each of the OWA with age statement. Distributors for NW FL must still have a few cases on hand.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.