What are you drinking Winter 2009/2010

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Saz jr. Julio's barrel and now some Saz 18 2009. The extra ageing really makes the difference.

Hung out with Randy and Wade last night...

Willett 22yr Rye

ER17 2003

AH Hirsch 16 gold foil

OFBB 2002

Blanton's Single Barrel

Pappy 23 Single Barrel

Willett 4 yr

Van Blankle Lot B

Randy has something special with his Van Blankle Lot B...it's incredibly "drinkable". I have to say the biggest disapointment of the night was the Pappy 23...it's really dry on the finish...too much for me. I made the mistake of starting the night with the Willett 22yr rye and I was wrecked after that...what an incredible pour...:)

Thanks to Randy and Wade for sharing a great meal, great conversation, and off the charts bourbon! :cool:

Tired of the OWA 10/107 from the last two days so I moved up to the Big Boy, WLarueW 2007 BTAC, neat.

Since I'm enjoying the warm Spring weather on the deck and listening to Bob Marley and the Wailers, I'm sipping some Zaya rum... neat. (Seems like just the thing to do. :cool: )

Tired of the OWA 10/107 from the last two days so I moved up to the Big Boy, WLarueW 2007 BTAC, neat.

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :grin: Joe

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

That is really creepy.

Wife and kids are in bed, so I fired up a BT on the rocks and a good mellow stogie.....now if only spring would hurry it's a$$ up and get here....:-)

Settled in watching the NCAA tournament tonight and decided to open up with my first taste of Lot B. Followed with a little OWA to compare and contrast. I'm thinking I may need another pour of Lot B to properly compare.

A little bit of this...a little bit of that, while sitting out by the outdoor fireplace on a beautiful evening here Down South. Then, I went to the VWFRR--G. I have to say, I had one of those special "moments". Oh my, is this one awesome whiskey. Liquid gingerbread cookies at Christmas. Spectacular. Fantastic. Knee-buckling delicious. There are bourbons/whiskies that are in your "Top Ten". There are your "Go To's", There are your "Old Reliables". Then...Then!...there are those whiskies, that on an particular evening make you drop to your knees and count your Blessings that you are privileged to sip such magic. Had one of those, with this VWFRR tonight. :bowdown:

I had a wheater night...

Lot B

09 WLW (twice)

Binny's Weller 12

the 09 WLW was the best of the bunch with splash of water...;)

Went to a local college bar for a burger & fries. Ate it outdoors with a WT101.

After going to a single malt tasting event of 8 brands I did have an OGD114 before the dinner buffet. It tasted awesome as usual, as the ORVWFRR-K does right now.

Leif

It has snowed all day here, upon all the old snow. Don’t expect me to post anything on the spring 2010 thread for a long time still.

Leif

I did have Overholt from 1981 before dinner yesterday and vintage 21 rye after. Both tasted very well.

Leif

It has been snowing most of day today as well. OGD 114 before and after dinner. I don’t like winter, but I like 114.

Leif

Went to a local college bar for a burger & fries. Ate it outdoors with a WT101.

Hope it was a Soul Burger from Zola's. Best burger in NKY.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!