What are you drinking Winter 2009/2010

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After seing that the other thread is at 109 pages and some of pour (:D) folks are stuck in the snow... it is time for a new thread....

A little heart warming WT 8yr from the 80s here... what's in your glass?

Had some friends over last night one is a newcomer to buorbon. Started with ORVW 23 114pf, went to Parkers golden, and ended with Hirsch 16 gold foil. MM was in there somewhere. It started getting Foggy in the middle. He is being weened off of CR slowly. tim

Found a pint of OGD BIB/100, 1999 bottling...."lost" in the forgotten bunker.....pretty good stuff....probably moving on to ER10/90 and/or PVW 15 next....winter and the holidays are my favorite bourbon time of the year.

The over/under for someone jumping the gun on starting the Winter threads was 2 days. Em came in with the under at just short of 18 hours early.

For his effort, he wins a 2010 calendar from Despair, Inc.

Started the day with a small pour of Binny's Weller 12 in my coffee. Late afternoon had a pour of Baker's after putting a new headlight in my wife's car. Finished the day off with a pour of 97 Old Fitz BIB. Joe

I had a last drink of the Fall, but that thread is now closed even though it is still Fall.

I've heard of people eager for summer to start. Is wanting Winter to start early, a new fad?

PS. That drink was a GTS 2008 over cracked ice

Yesterday I had a bit of a Wheat Parade that started with some VW Lot 'B', moved into some Julio's OWA, on into WLW '09 and back into Julio's OWA, then ended with a Lot 'B' for a perfect sandwich.

Yesterday I had a bit of a Wheat Parade that started with some VW Lot 'B', moved into some Julio's OWA, on into WLW '09 and back into Julio's OWA, then ended with a Lot 'B' for a perfect sandwich.

I had a last drink of the Fall, but that thread is now closed even though it is still Fall.

Winter starts December 21st... when the new threads started, it was already the 21st in much of the world.... so not really an early start.... I had my Japanesses brethern to think of :D

Winter starts December 21st... when the new threads started, it was already the 21st in much of the world.... so not really an early start.... I had my Japanesses brethern to think of :D

For the record, I posted on 12-21-09 at 0817 EST. Winter began on 12-21-09 at 1247 EST. I know it's a fine point and I'm not itching for a pissing contest.

I was surprised that the "Winter" postings didn't begin sooner than it did.

after several weeks of trying different seasonal beers, I finally got back to bourbon Sat. night. Started with a pour of Weller SR, then Four Roses SB. Man, that 4Roses hit the spot. I'm close to the end of this bottle and I know there's one more on the shelf from the same barrel because I put it at the back of the shelf behind 2 other bottles with different barrel info (is that wrong?). Just have to come up with the funds after already committing to getting a 4RSB gift set that's supposed to be in today.

For the record, I posted on 12-21-09 at 0817 EST. Winter began on 12-21-09 at 1247 EST. I know it's a fine point and I'm not itching for a pissing contest.

I was surprised that the "Winter" postings didn't begin sooner than it did.

I was just playing any how... ... I was just going with the snow theme... a toast to you ...I think I will have a glass of WT to think about this some more :D

I was just playing any how... ... I was just going with the snow theme... a toast to you ...I think I will have a glass of WT to think about this some more :D

Emerald,

I thought you were just playing but you know that are always those who insist on astronomical purity.

Keep looking forward to enjoying that WTKS.

Will

WTR and Overholt bottled 1981 before dinner and WTRR 101 (last out of the bottle) after. All tasted well and I especially I think the WTR tasted better than last time I had it. Still I think the old time rye was slightly better despite the low proof.

Leif

I added bourbon to the thread title and I am sipping some Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit, The Bourbon Society bottle, neat.

Emerald,

I thought you were just playing but you know that are always those who insist on astronomical purity.

Keep looking forward to enjoying that WTKS.

Will

Will,

The one thing we can all be serious about is the fact that I enjoy this site and this wonderful nectar to relax with good folks.... I deal with exacts, margin of error and all other good engineering activities all day... the last thing I want is to get detailed on bourbon :)

Let me know what you think of that 12 yr... I still have not tried that one yet...

A touch of Parker's Heritage 122.6 before we head off to dinner, and the Neighborhood Poker Game, after that. It does seem weird to be playing on Monday...

A nice healthy pour of EWSB 98 to celebrate a 4.0 for my first semester in college!

Eric

Well, a big salute to you!! Nice job. I was going to stop, but I'll toast your fine work with another Parker's.

:toast:

Well, a big salute to you!! Nice job. I was going to stop, but I'll toast your fine work with another Parker's.

:toast:

Thanks!

I'm still working my way through the EWSB. Very good bourbon, but I wish the proof was a bit higher, at least 90.

Eric

A nice healthy pour of EWSB 98 to celebrate a 4.0 for my first semester in college!

Eric

Awesome job! I would toast you, but I'm in my brother's Father/Mother-in-law's house... and they have this thing against alcohol. :/

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!