OscarV

Four Roses 10 Recipes

Bob, are you just taking two bottles at random, or is it the high and low recipe of one particular yeast?

Mako254
On 12/5/2018 at 2:40 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

Another couple blind pours. I knew this would be difficult, but so far is has been discouragingly hard. I have never considered myself to have a great pallet and perhaps that is why mouthfeel plays such a big role in my preferences. Here I thought the two smelled and tasted virtually identical.  Classic 4R fruits and sweetness. Struggled to get any helpful notes down. 

4d was the winner based on superior viscosity and longer finish. 

Going to take some time and read this particular thread next time I sample. 

18454B0F-479A-48DB-8810-E8D056C8A4F0.jpeg

Well, do they taste good??!?

Bob_Loblaw
14 hours ago, 0895 said:

Bob, are you just taking two bottles at random, or is it the high and low recipe of one particular yeast?

Two at random.  I have no idea what bottle is what.  Thinking about it now I probably would have done black cards for B recipe and red for E and maybe even lined up the years by number as well.  But as it is everything is all over the place.

2 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Well, do they taste good??!?

Yes!  That is the other thing I realized, there are no duds in here. Also, you astutely pointed out that 4R really tends to improve with time.  

Instead of forcing my way through these as I had planned I am slowing it down and taking more time.  Will be opening several other non 4R bottles soon and will revisit this as I feel.

Bob_Loblaw
On 12/6/2018 at 3:35 PM, jeffrey r said:

Oh, and it is **palate, not **pallet... :) 

potato, pototo.  And yeah, that pallet is old, rickety and barely fits on my forklift anymore.  :)

• I like it 2

My recommendation / just one way to taste,

would be to do both like yeast recipes at the same time.  Observe how the rye affects the flavors. 

Then branch out from there.... slowly 

enjoy!

:)

fishnbowljoe
1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

potato, pototo.  And yeah, that pallet is old, rickety and barely fits on my forklift anymore.  :)

LMAO! I’m all too familiar with rickety pallets. :P

Biba! Joe