Hoarding PVW 15

RWBadley
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So my local liquor shop has been 'verry, verry' good to me lately. The latest juice is PVW 15. I did buy one bottle and found this to be some excellent whiskey. It easily bests (to me anyway) The Pappy 20, Jefferson's 17, Lot B, and a few other recent biuys. Downside is price at $75. Upside is.... at least it's HERE!

So I ended up getting another bottle they put in the case, and now I see another one out. I think I may just have to snag it also ;-) Anybody else think this might be a good idea? Or do you all think the $75 is just way too much ? (at this point, I'm not sure I care- it is just too good to pass by)

Cheers,

RW

So my local liquor shop has been 'verry, verry' good to me lately. The latest juice is PVW 15. I did buy one bottle and found this to be some excellent whiskey. It easily bests (to me anyway) The Pappy 20, Jefferson's 17, Lot B, and a few other recent biuys. Downside is price at $75. Upside is.... at least it's HERE!

So I ended up getting another bottle they put in the case, and now I see another one out. I think I may just have to snag it also ;-) Anybody else think this might be a good idea? Or do you all think the $75 is just way too much ? (at this point, I'm not sure I care- it is just too good to pass by)

Cheers,

RW

I have had one bottle bunkered since Jan. last year & have wanted to get another one before I open it. I still haven't found one for less than $65 . . . I got mine for $50 and have passed it up at $65 numerous times -- I guess it's just what your personal price/value ratio is. I would certainly be more tempted if I knew somewhere I could get it easily & locally, but that's not the case.

PVW 15

Downside is price at $75.

So I ended up getting another bottle

I think I may just have to snag it also ;-) Anybody else think this might be a good idea? Or do you all think the $75 is just way too much ?

If you are happy with it then it is a very good idea.

Me?

Well I would lay down another Lincoln and get two bottles of Old Rip Van Winkle 10/107.

The Old Rip is like caramelised toffe, the Pappy 15 seems a bit dry for a wheater.

This is of course what it seems like to me.

Cheers,

RW

If you are happy with it then it is a very good idea.

Me?

Well I would lay down another Lincoln and get two bottles of Old Rip Van Winkle 10/107.

The Old Rip is like caramelised toffe, the Pappy 15 seems a bit dry for a wheater.

This is of course what it seems like to me.

The Autumn 2008 release of the ORVW 10/107 was exceptional, I loaded up on them.

The Autumn 2008 release of the ORVW 10/107 was exceptional, I loaded up on them.

Here in the free market state of Florida where only the distributors decide the cost it has been $75 at most stores for more than a year now. Last month down state I saw it for $90 at several places. Thank goodness we don't have any state intervention or it would be expensive.

For me, nothing else is quite like it. There are some evenings when (for me) it is the perfect pour. For those reasons I have coughed up $75 a few times over the past year and will once or twice more till I feel like I have enough set back.

Excellent idea, The Frankfort 10/107 I have is prior to that. Does this 08 release have an 8 digit number instead of the 6? Or is the serial number different than the Axxxx?

Thnx

The PVW15's I get come in at a whopping $32/bottle. Which is why i do just as the topic says.

The PVW15's I get come in at a whopping $32/bottle. Which is why i do just as the topic says.

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Let's make it a threesome. :skep:

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Darn good price. I'd be hoarding them at $32 a bottle too, but I'm putting all my time effort and money into mostly Weller stock these days. :grin: Joe

A good buddy of mine... I can't place orders, but I end up with a few bottles every so often at really good prices. This years BTAC came in under $40.

A good buddy of mine...

His first name wouldn't be Julian, would it?

I actually prefer lot B 12 yr old, but at $32 I'd hoard a lot of 15 year old!

The Lot B comes in around $24

You're killing me. Really, you are.

Your buddy needs a new bestest buddy....like....ME!

:toast:

Wow, nothing like half price. That is one good buddy!

A good buddy of mine... I can't place orders, but I end up with a few bottles every so often at really good prices. This years BTAC came in under $40.

Man, that is just cruel. All of those are 2-3X that here in AZ. It must cost a ton to drive the juice the 2K miles...

Drink well my friend. And at that price, you drink well for cheap.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.