Hoarding PVW 15

RWBadley
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It allowed me to justify the price tag on the ORVW23, which Mr. good old buddy of mine could not come through on. How could he!? After all he's done for me......:lol:

Your local price may be high or low depending on the vagaries of local liquor laws (YMMV).

But in any case, PVW 15 represents simply the best of American whiskey.

:27: :usflag: :pope: :woohoo:

Your local price may be high or low depending on the vagaries of local liquor laws (YMMV).

But in any case, PVW 15 represents simply the best of American whiskey.

:27: :usflag: :pope: :woohoo:

I agree.

To have the best of anything, especially a world class whiskey for a mere $75; seems a good value :grin:

Definitely, one of my favorite. I've been increasing my stash too, but I drink it too fast.

The prices SMOWK is paying are close to what the retailers here pay for the bottles. A store owner I am friendly with has shown me his price list for the BTAC and Pappy bottles. He is willing to sell them to me at a small markup but the distributor will not send him any bottles. The stores that get an occassional Lot B mark them to the low-mid $40s and the lone Pappy 15 I found was $60, while BTAC runs in the mid $60s.

Specialty bottles are very profitable for the retailer. Think backwards on this; $60 retail, $35 wholesale, $20 distributor, tax ($5?).... take out the cost of packaging ($2?)... BT gets around $15 for that bottle of Pappy 15. Obviously I'm making up most of those numbers, but I'm close enough.

It's hard to imagine a business where you have tens of millions of dollars invested in equipment to make a product that has to sit 15 years before it is ready to sell. While it sits, half of your product evaporates. Other barrels are unsuitable for the label. What little remains at the end of that 15 year period brings $15.

Good thing they have some Rain Vodka to sell to OskarV:slappin:

Good thing they have some Rain Vodka to sell to OskarV:slappin:

Dude, you messed up just like BT and/or The Rain Vodka Co.

It's OscarV with a c and BT's man in MI got all the other letters wrong.

Think backwards on this; $60 retail, $35 wholesale, $20 distributor, tax ($5?).... take out the cost of packaging ($2?)... BT gets around $15 for that bottle of Pappy 15. Obviously I'm making up most of those numbers, but I'm close enough.

The jump from distributor price to wholesale price seems high, plus in many cases there is no intermediate step between distributor and retailer. I expect BT gets a little more than $15, otherwise why would they bother?

Scott,

Give me a few days and I'll get something together on the mark ups.

In CA most retailers mark up 25% to 30% unless its a rare or hard to come by item then they feel they can mark up 500% to 600% which is crazy.

Ex. BTEC retail around $50 to $60 back in KY and a CA retailer has them listed at $199.99.

I believe the distributor mark up is around 25% to 30% or more from what they pay.

Man, that is just cruel. All of those are 2-3X that here in AZ. It must cost a ton to drive the juice the 2K miles...

Drink well my friend. And at that price, you drink well for cheap.

I've been buying every bottle of this stuff that I can get my hands on...I'm up to a number now were I feel that I'll have a good supply for 2-3 years. Of course when the new bottlings come out this year I'll add a couple more! :)

Dude, you messed up just like BT and/or The Rain Vodka Co.

It's OscarV with a c and BT's man in MI got all the other letters wrong.

My bad. My best buddy of 14.5 years was named Oskar so I tend to spell it that way.

The PVW15's I get come in at a whopping $32/bottle. Which is why i do just as the topic says.

I thankfully had the foresight to load up on PVW 15 3 years ago when I could get it for $36/each. I purchased 1/2 a case (6) and think I've only gone through one bottle. I can't believe how the price has jumped in just a couple years to about double. Lot B used to be $30 and now it's over $50 here in VA. I should have loaded up on that also. In that same shipment, I grabbed 2 ORVW 10/107 for just $26 each.

I thankfully had the foresight to load up on PVW 15 3 years ago when I could get it for $36/each. I purchased 1/2 a case (6) and think I've only gone through one bottle. I can't believe how the price has jumped in just a couple years to about double. Lot B used to be $30 and now it's over $50 here in VA. I should have loaded up on that also. In that same shipment, I grabbed 2 ORVW 10/107 for just $26 each.

What kind of dog is that?

It resembles an Australian Sheepdog but the ears seem to long.

I love dogs but I always say the best ones belong to someone else.

Aussie/Corgi mix. He was the coolest dog who ever lived. Even people who hate dogs loved Oskar.

As an update, I thought these were all sold out and when I went into the store yesterday, they had another one on the shelf. I asked the friendly girl clerk what's the deal? she said they found another one hiding behind some other bottles in back. That last one jumped into the car and came home with me. This Pappy 15 is truly horrible stuff. evil. vile. swill. :cool:

My bad. My best buddy of 14.5 years was named Oskar so I tend to spell it that way.

2pr7l87.jpg

I've never seen a Corgi like that, but assume it is a Cardigan Corgi? Pretty cute.

OK, just read your later post, I was thinking Aussie Shephard Corgi mix, man I bet that guy was full of energy and a speedy runner!

PVW15 is swill. Never recommend it to a friend, beginners should stay away, always leave it on the shelf, don't buy any, hoarders should return their bottles, not worth the effort of carrying it to the car.......... work with me here, I'm trying to keep it in my price range.:grin:

Worst case of thread drift EVER.

:slappin: yeah your'e right and I contributed to the drift.

Somewhat on topic, not about hoarding but about PVW15.

What exactley is it?

It's not S-W whiskey, is it whiskey that JVWIII picks from BT inventory that was going to go into a bottle with one of the Weller labels?

It's BT-owned wheated bourbon, but it may be a combination of BT-made and Bernheim-made juice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.