What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2010

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sorry about that. It was in the Spring Break thread. Next time I'll name it something less goofy like "I'm going to Chicago". I will give you a heads up next time, though my man! Meanwhile, lemme know and you can sample whatever you like.

Ditto - sounds like a party. I'll break out the VWFR Rye. How's the OBSK?

The delivery man left a package on my porch today. 4R SB OBSK Barrel Strength - Ledgers Barrel pick. Wooo HOoo This is turning out to be one of my favorite pours so far this year.

And thanks to the kind SBer who sent it!

After 2 weeks of hunting in multiple states I finally got every thing home or shipped in today: From Left to Right

4 09 Four Roses Mariage (One Signed my Jimmy Rutledge)

1 SW Weller 12 from the last day of production

2 Emerald/Reid 6 year Green Wax Willett

1 2008 WLW 125.3

2 1.75L 1999 OWA

1 Buffalo Trace Cream Liquor

1 WTRR 101

1 Four Roses Barrel Strength Bourbon's Bistro OESK

1 Four Roses Single Barrel Beverage Warehouse Gift Set

1 WTKS Pewter Top 5/24/99

post-4808-14489816487919_thumb.jpg

post-4808-14489816487919_thumb.jpg

4 09 Four Roses Mariage (One Signed my Jimmy Rutledge)

1 SW Weller 12 from the last day of production

2 Emerald/Reid 6 year Green Wax Willett

1 2008 WLW 125.3

2 1.75L 1999 OWA

1 Buffalo Trace Cream Liquor

1 WTRR 101

1 Four Roses Barrel Strength Bourbon's Bistro OESK

1 WTKS Pewter Top 5/24/99

Got a bottle of.............................. what else? Weller 12 yesterday. :rolleyes: Joe

Is this the Christmas Gift Box from last December?

If so it is a very good barrel that this 1B came from.

Is it Warehouse No DS? Barrel No 43-6G?

I got a few of those last December in KY, there great!

Delivery man sent me yesterday two bottles of WLW08 from a great fellow SBer ;), thanks!!

Found some dusties in my travels this week. The OGD may be fairly recent, but it's an odd bottle and I thought it worth $27.

4ujn2x.jpg

zvbwvq.jpg

The delivery man left a package on my porch today. 4R SB OBSK Barrel Strength - Ledgers Barrel pick. Wooo HOoo This is turning out to be one of my favorite pours so far this year.

And thanks to the kind SBer who sent it!

post-981-1448981648947_thumb.jpg

:grin: :grin: :grin:

I wonder if those lazy East Bay Study Group guys are going to get off their bums and pick another one for Ledger's anytime soon?

Roger

Holy crap Matt... I thought you couldn't find squat in KC area!?

I drive for a living and stumbled upon a little honey pot:grin:

Yesterday it was 2 ER 101 and 2 Weller centennials. Today it was 2 Fighting cock's the 8 year. Can't wait till tomorrow.

The friendly delivery man brought me a bottle of Canada Dry Straight Bourbon Whiskey. Judging by the tax strip it was bottled in '51. Says it's a four year old Bourbon.

I bought it because it said "Stitzel Weller's Canada Dry Bourbon" real big across the top. I thought it might be something SW made for a year or two and it just didn't get much attention. But, the small writing on the bottom says "Distilled for and bottled by Stitzel-Weller". So it was made somewhere else and there is no other info on the label. So now I'm guessing a well brand SW marketed.

Also says "The sour mash Bourbon in this bottle was made in the famous old Kentucky distilling country"

Anyone know anything about this bottle?

The friendly delivery man brought me a bottle of Canada Dry Straight Bourbon Whiskey. Judging by the tax strip it was bottled in '51. Says it's a four year old Bourbon.

I bought it because it said "Stitzel Weller's Canada Dry Bourbon" real big across the top. I thought it might be something SW made for a year or two and it just didn't get much attention. But, the small writing on the bottom says "Distilled for and bottled by Stitzel-Weller". So it was made somewhere else and there is no other info on the label. So now I'm guessing a well brand SW marketed.

Also says "The sour mash Bourbon in this bottle was made in the famous old Kentucky distilling country"

Yeah - I did a long search and found out what it is. Well, we can call it a learning experience, right up there with the '70s case of Old Charter 7 yr I bought. A spoonful of WTKS has more character and taste than that whole case did. Taught me about anise finish though.

If all you drank was good whiskey how would you know how good they really were?

I picked up a couple birds today. 2 WTRB 97s, plus I left one on the shelf and one in the back room.

Also had to pass up a couple IW Harper 15s and a Harper, bicentennial edition.

Got three WLW07 at 117.9 proof. This is supposedly one of the better year. whoohooo!!

Now I have bunkered a reasonable amount of the WLW and Stag for myself.

Cheers

Hugh

Got three WLW07 at 117.9 proof. This is supposedly one of the better year. whoohooo!!

Now I have bunkered a reasonable amount of the WLW and Stag for myself.

Cheers

Hugh

Yep, one of the best yrs right with the 05, 06, 08 and 09s :D

They are all great.

Yep, one of the best yrs right with the 05, 06, 08 and 09s :D

They are all great.

Yeah - I did a long search and found out what it is. Well, we can call it a learning experience, right up there with the '70s case of Old Charter 7 yr I bought. A spoonful of WTKS has more character and taste than that whole case did. Taught me about anise finish though.

If all you drank was good whiskey how would you know how good they really were?

Reminds me of when i first started buying higher shelf bourbons and i came across an 'Old Stagg' from 1970s thinking it was a vintage version of the current BTAC Stagg. Was chuffed with my purchase until i did some post research on this site and learnt a valuable lesson... :grin:

This week I picked up a couple more bottles for the stash!

1 WTRB

1 09 WLW

1 05 OFBB

1 08 OFBB

1 Faux Tax Strip OFBIB

1 Smooth Brown Top WTKS

1 Binny's Weller 12

1 BT

It was a good week! :)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! So glad the site is back up!

Scored a few this week. Yes, that is white paint on the OGD.

10og21z.jpg

Based on hectic's recommendation I picked up a bottle of WTRB today and am enjoying a pour now. Thanks Bob.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!