What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2010

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I wasn't looking for one but I stumbled across it in a store that I am hardly ever in today.

The much controversial Elijah Craig 12yo, a good one from last year, wish y'all were here, you'd love it.

nice haul, Matt! I didn't get anything today that was worth mentioning and it's good to see that someone did.

2 Wt 101 at $19 a piece, a Blanton's SB, and a Bushmills Black Bush.

I had a couple of bushmills black bush's at a bar recently and really enjoyed it. And I'm not much of an irish whiskey drinker.

Me, I just took home a couple of bottles of PVW 15. I had a coupon, so with tax and everything the total cost was $50/bottle, which is great here in IA. [Yes, I have coupons for liquor stores, no I do not keep them in a little organized coupon purse ;)]. They had WT 101 for 15.99/bottle and I had a notion to buy as much as they'd sell me, but I restrained myself and walked away with just the PVW. sigh.

I had a couple of bushmills black bush's at a bar recently and really enjoyed it. And I'm not much of an irish whiskey drinker.

Me, I just took home a couple of bottles of PVW 15. I had a coupon, so with tax and everything the total cost was $50/bottle, which is great here in IA. [Yes, I have coupons for liquor stores, no I do not keep them in a little organized coupon purse ;)]. They had WT 101 for 15.99/bottle and I had a notion to buy as much as they'd sell me, but I restrained myself and walked away with just the PVW. sigh.

I would have bought all the WT 101 they would have sold me at that price.

I was tempted. Last week they had WT RB at Costco for 29.99 and I had a similar temptation.

I took possession of a 1991 Frankfort (DSP-14) Old Grand Dad Bottled in Bond in a nifty gifty looking gold box. The cap and green "bottled in bond" strip are still intact.

The bottle was tucked in the back of the bottom shelf of the dry bar at my mother-in-laws place. The early 80's Beam decanter that she gave me for Christmas a couple years ago was on a shelf in the same area of the house.

I think she has a bourbon time portal in the attic. :grin:

I took possession of a 1991 Frankfort (DSP-14) Old Grand Dad Bottled in Bond in a nifty gifty looking gold box. The cap and green "bottled in bond" strip are still intact.

The bottle was tucked in the back of the bottom shelf of the dry bar at my mother-in-laws place. The early 80's Beam decanter that she gave me for Christmas a couple years ago was on a shelf in the same area of the house.

I think she has a bourbon time portal in the attic. :grin:

I was tempted. Last week they had WT RB at Costco for 29.99 and I had a similar temptation.

That's a great price for WTRB as well I would have bought up several of them as well.

This month parcel from Thomas Kruger came yesterday and did contain a slim bottle of ETL and 2 bottles of WT101 from 1985. The Lee bottle has an excellent plastic screw cap and takes up minimum space in the whiskey cabinet. Why did they change it to a chubby bottle with a stupid natural cork?

Leif

I saved the last two WTRB's W-T-01-99 bottles from spending another night lonely on the middle shelf at Twin Liquors...I can't figure why they were still there especially considering their asking price of $28.99 a bottle. Oh well, I'll buy them all day for that price. :cool:

This month parcel from Thomas Kruger came yesterday and did contain a slim bottle of ETL and 2 bottles of WT101 from 1985. The Lee bottle has an excellent plastic screw cap and takes up minimum space in the whiskey cabinet. Why did they change it to a chubby bottle with a stupid natural cork?

Leif

2 OCPR Louisville bottlings with the "sloped shoulder"
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Good goin', that is one fine bottle of whiskey!

is that a black glass 107, or the first run of the clear glass single barrel 90? And, I think they wanted a more premium-looking bottle, the Butt-Ugly-Bottle looks more like something you'd store olive oil in.

It is the SB 90 Erik. I am all for practical bottles and I don’t like the wooden boxes for exclusive brands ether. In the beer thread Dales pale ale in a can was mentioned recently. That is my kind off stuff. Good content in practicul packaging.

Leif

I was pretty pumped up. It was really the first time I went out looking for dusties. They were only $26.99 and I left a bottle of the Frankfort OCPR on the shelf. I'm on vacation in PCB and probably should have been on the beach instead, but it was worth it.

I was pretty pumped up. It was really the first time I went out looking for dusties. They were only $26.99 and I left a bottle of the Frankfort OCPR on the shelf. I'm on vacation in PCB and probably should have been on the beach instead, but it was worth it.
I was going to say that I bet you didn't find those in Louisville...Florida has yielded a couple Louisville OCPR's to me in the past. Nice score...let us know how you like them! :)

Picked up 2 bottles of pappy 20 and a parkers aniv while visiting my parents for Easter. tim

I began the college campus tour with my older daughter this week, which has meant a pass through the Chicago suburbs and a trip to Madison, WI. Woodmans in Madison had the OF Repeal set for $10.99 so I picked up 3 of those as well as a bottle of 4 Roses for $21. Binnys in Downers Grove still had some Stagg on the shelves as well as Eagle Rare and Handy. But I passed on those for a couple bottles of "lot B" at about $45 and a couple bottle of Rittenhouse rye. And I picked up some New Glarus Spotted Cow in WI (and some cheese curds). Not a spectacular haul, but not too bad either. And, oh yeah, my daughter has made UW Madison her top choice for colleges to attend. All I need now is lots of extra money...

Craig

UW-Madison... great school and my alma mater. Go ahead, mention my name when you're there. The statute of limitations has long passed. :cool:

There isn't an honorary chair on the terrace for you commemorating the number of pitchers of beer you drank is there?

Craig

There isn't an honorary chair on the terrace for you commemorating the number of pitchers of beer you drank is there?

Craig

OK, so I'm behind the curve on this, but you did indeed find one fine bottle of whiskey there, Monsier Blair. I'm not a huge fan of the Louisville Charters in general, but the slope shoulder is a great whiskey. I think it does a perfect job of balancing the butterscotch with wood and caramel and burn. It's the high-corn equivalent of the Weller Centennial. Which it pretty much was.:grin:

And on the price, the last one I found in MI was about $50. You done good.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!