What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Summer 2010

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Weller antique nas mcscrooges barrel 1 followed with a pappy 23. Prescription strength stress release in a bottle. Nice end to a long day. tim

Knocked off the last of a bottle of PVW15 last night while watching the All-Star game and then switched over to OCPR for a nightcap. Life is good!

A little something different today, George Dickel #12 over cracked ice.

Opps, it's not bourbon but there ain't no "What Tennessee Whisky Are You Drinking Today Summer 2010" thread.:grin:

Last night I had a short pour of EC18. I never know what to anticipate when I pour that stuff - last night I got lots of wood some subtly bitter tannin some spice and not much else. The long sweet finish and the complexity I recall was MIA.

Since I'm happily new to bourbon, I'm looking forward to trying everything at least once. Last night, EW black label, the basic stuff. Had a little neat to see what it was like -- a good drink that hit all the right spots. The finish reminded me of cool stone or mint and getting to the finish was a good experience.

Tonight, BT with a few ice cubes.

Tomorrow, WLW Reserve.

Friday, Four Roses, yellow label.

Cordially,

Trace T.

A solid pour of a newly purchased bottle of Henry McKenna, 10 year old, Single Barrel, Bottled in Bond, Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. (Kinda hit all the highspots on the label description, ya think :D Well, it IS a multi-layered label that incorporates felt, a booklet, Bottling Date Info, foil cap seal, faux tax stamp, AND has a copper jingly-jangly thingy on the neck...This puppy ain't takin' a back seat to no fancy Ezra B or Basil Hayden bottles, dammit!). I haven't had this in a couple of years...and I'm thinkin'...what the heck have I been thinkin'!! This is terrific! The beautiful nose hit me as soon as I unscrewed the cap. It practically blew out. Buttery and mild at first sip, then it really blossoms into a full whiskey at mid-palate. A very chewy and long finish. This is hitting me in my wheelhouse, tonight. I am totally impressed.

Had a short pour of Weller SR when I got home from work. Now it's MM 46. :yum: I already like the MM 46, but this may be shaping up to be a semi-regular pour for me. :rolleyes: Joe

Had a short pour of Weller SR when I got home from work. Now it's MM 46. :yum: I already like the MM 46, but this may be shaping up to be a semi-regular pour for me. :rolleyes: Joe

I agree with the MM 46. It is really starting to grow on me as a nice Summer everyday pour. Not to heavy, an easy sipper. Already polished off 1 bottle and working on a 2nd.

LOTS of PVW15 and LOTS of Chimay Grande Reserve. I've almost finished the entire Magnum Chimay (51oz) and working on a third or so of a bottle of the Pappy. Good times in/on the Outer Banks!

I agree with the MM 46. It is really starting to grow on me as a nice Summer everyday pour. Not to heavy, an easy sipper. Already polished off 1 bottle and working on a 2nd.

Wow, that was quick! I just opened mine last night a tasted it back to back with regular MM and the 46 just blew me away. Bill has touched me again!:lol: :skep:

Anyway, enjoying my favorite summer sipper right now, Four Roses. Light, refreshing but with depth. A beautiful thing. And I got it 5 minutes from my house. Two years ago I thought I would never see the day. :bis:

09 WLW after a nice evening on the lake. I love it out there at night.

Too bad bottle is done now.

I started out before dinner with a HH 100 proof BIB which was followed up with WT Rare Breed and then later with Bookers.

What will you do with all that Weller 12? :skep:

JDSS before outdoor grilling yesterday and WT 101 from 1985 with the ice cream dessert.

Leif

Dickel bc and rendezvous rye before dinner and both tasted excellent. Then WT 101 from 85 with the strawberries with maple syrup and vanilla yoghurt for dessert and Handy 2009 just now.

Leif

Starting out with, and planning to continue pouring, lots of WLW09. Expectaculor!

Man I like the WLW09 but to me it pours a little hot...I ended up prefering the WLW08 in a head to head but I certainly wouldn't turn down either of them.

I'm starting the night off with a pour of FR Mariage 09...thinking that I'm going to go with a WTKS Pewter 99 pour next. :cool: I changed my mind and decided to go with a pour of WTAS instead...;)

Buck and 7-up. Nuts on the side.

I'll finish this friggin' bottle if it kills me.

I have not been here in quite some time, doesn't mean I gave up!

I just finished a bottle of Noah's Mill, not bad but I wouldn't do it again at the price, $43 here in balmy upstate NY. Its a good bourbon with a higher proof but it just doesn't stand out at that price.

Worth a try but not a repeat bottle.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!