What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Summer 2010

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had to go in to work early today. That means I got off work early too. :grin: Celebrating a long, but fairly decent week with a pour of one of my favorites.

07 WLW. :yum: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.................. Joe

Hotalings. always surprised how good it is every time I revisit.

I always like it better than I remember, too. Maybe it's the memory of my earlier Fritz bottling of a 1yo in an uncharred barrel (or whatever it was). That was a rough one.

Roger

In rememberance of the upcoming demise, I'm enjoying some FR 2009 Mariage.

Simply outstanding!

i cracked open one of the ER 17 2001's that I picked up a few days back. I miss the Cherry influence that drew me in on the 2008, but the 01 is good in its own right.

I'll still keep my eye out for another 2008...... (anyone wanna trade???):grin:

Can I just mention my distain for the "What Bourbon/water of life r u drinking...." I tend to jump back and forth and I hate that i need to fill out 2 different forums. Why can't we have a " What whiskey are you sucking on tonight", thread ????

Anyway.... I've also had an Amrut fusion and A Bowmore 12.... I get back on the Bourbon train soon !!!!:grin:

OGD 114 1981 and WT 101 1984 before dinner in a festival break yesterday. I am lucky to live only about 150 meters from the closest entrance to Sweden’s biggest music festival ever. More of the 1984 (with ice-cream) and some WT rye later inside the Pease and love music festival area.

Leif

A bit of Makers 46 with a few rocks while I prep a Tri-tip for the grill.

BT with some late afternoon grass diving.

(hows the fancy stave juice hitting ya Scott?)

WTKS pewter top. 03/22/01, barrel 2, warehouse E, rick 9. My first WTKS.

Take all the good things about current WT101 and amplify them, while removing some of the roughness. Very nice!

WTKS, dark wood top. I had it last night, I'm not drinking it for breakfast or anything!

Scott

I waited until 3 PM my time...and that took some great self control. Eagle Rare SB. It sounded patriotic.

I waited until 3 PM my time...and that took some great self control. Eagle Rare SB. It sounded patriotic.
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

We waited until the same time.

I waited until 6pm my time to have some Maker's 46, neat.

GTS.........

I probably shouldn't be playing with oxygen, acetylene, balloons and 3/32" safety fuse. :grin:

GTS.........

I probably shouldn't be playing with oxygen, acetylene, balloons and 3/32" safety fuse. :grin:

Sweet. I have a mapp gas torch and some Handy, can I join the party? :D

Thomas Handy, 06 & 08 in a lineup. there was no winner or loser, I'll have to revisit both bottles again soon to see if I can't determine more. then I threw the dregs of both into an old-fashioned with a dash of baby saz and a dash of ritt BIB. This is an old-fashioned. delicious.

GTS.........

Damn, my hero. Haven't done that mix in years. Big boom......nice.

Started tonight with Maker's 46, followed by Rebel Reserve, then 1975 ORVW 86 proof 6 year and finished with Weller Centennial.

Evan Williams 7 year old. typical pre-fire heaven Hill. Actually, lots of similarities here to the 6 year HH BIB I tried last night.

Enojying some Van WInkle Family Reserve Rye on what is July 4th over here. Happy Independence Day everyone!!

Scott

It's hot...Jb Black & Coke. In a highball, over many ice cubes. No matter what they say, it tastes really good. Even if it means wasting JB Black, so be it :)

I can not drink straight at room temp. when room temp is somewhere near 40C!! Cheers!

It was real Turkey day yesterday. I did have WT 101 1984, 1985 AND 12 export before dinner in a break of he last day of the Pease and love music festival. Then some more 1984 and 8 export inside the festival area. Hottest day of the year so far and the tradition with good whether year after year on this festival continues.

Leif

Yesterday tried Four Roses Barrel Proof OBSK and OESK, complements of Roger and the east bay study group. I preferred the OESK, which was lush and smooth. The OBSK was much more intense. Two great bourbons.

Joe :usflag:

Started with some BT tonight, and finished with a pour of Noah's Mill.

Decided that tonight was a good time to bring out the Weller Centennial. Damn shame they don't make this anymore.

No whisky before dinner yesterday, but WT 101 1985 with the soft chocolate cake with blue berries and vanilla yoghurt for desert and OGD 114 with a cigar. Unfortunately the granddad and cigar worked badly together.

Leif

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!