What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Summer 2010

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hot fun in the summertime! We made it although it's felt like summer for quite a while now.

Old Charter Louisville 7yo 80prf yesterday.This is good and at the same time disapointing.

It is what it taste like, a very very good classic bourbon with way to much water in it.

I spent a couple evenings with different era and versions of Old Taylor last week. Curious that the 86 proof has less apparent alcohol heat than the 80. One particular 86er is an over the top butterscotch monster. Very nice.

I opened a bottle of MM 46 I got this weekend. Having had spicy food for dinner my taste buds were off so I only had a small pour and don't have much to say about it. I'm going to bring home a bottle of regular MM from my office and do a side-by-side compare tonight. I'll let you know what I think.

I opened a bottle of MM 46 I got this weekend. I'm going to bring home a bottle of regular MM from my office and do a side-by-side compare tonight. I'll let you know what I think.

im finishing off a bottle of Wathen's tonight and then going on a little hunt tomorrow to see what i find.

Tonight I tried my first bottle of Elmer T Lee. I haven't found it here in Arkansas, so I bought a bottle in Chicago last week while there.

Nothing special, but I do like it.

it was Russel's Reserve 101 last night, and I haven't had anything yet today but hope to change that here in just a little bit.

Just returned from a trip to the neighborhood pool with daughter and Mrs. Smokinjoe. A mingling of WTKS Pewter (98) and Maker's on ice was a nice combo. Not sure why I chose those two, but it worked wonderfully. As good as it was, though, the pool water was better, after a very hot day here, Down South.

I'm blending tonight, too. Old number 8 with a splash of PVW15 to keep things fresh. Pretty sharp combo. I'll have to pick up some makers (gasp!) and experiment a bit. :D

Started with some Partida Anejo straight and then moved on to some OGD114.

hmmmmMMM. I am going to find something else to pour, and hope that someone falls into flashchat for a moment or five.

Well, I am enjoying a little Eagle Rare 10 yo while hanging out in the Gazebo with Morgan

I did have Dickel bs before diner yesterday and EC 12 after. This Dickel continue to amaze me and it defiantly taste better than I do remember from drinking a bottle 3 years or so ago.

Leif

Hot fun in the summertime! We made it although it's felt like summer for quite a while now.

While dialing up "Hot Fun in The Summertime" by Sly and The Family Stone on my IPod...sipped on some 4RSB.

dialing up "Hot Fun in The Summertime" by Sly and The Family Stone

I still love Sly.

I'm sipping some Four Roses Single Barrell, the McScrooges private bottle, neat.

Beam 6grain bourbon, WT 12 gold folio and EC 12 before dinner today and WTRR 101 after. Both my lady partner Yvonne and me liked the 6-grain very well considering the age and proof. Nose seemed to be the week point. I though it did remind somewhat of a ex bourbon barrel single malt.

Tomorrow we go on a cruise to Ã…land (belong to Finland) and I have packed an EC 12 bottle.

Leif

VOBBIB again tonight. I have gone through 2 cases of this stuff in the past 3 months. It disappears from the shelf as soon as I put it up. Outstanding, and such a good price. Great neat, on ice, or in a Manhattan. I never thought something this good would come in under $10/bottle.

I would bunker a few cases, but they wouldn't last.

Weller centennial. It goes well with the nachos but does nothing to reduce the heat from these insanely hot jalapenos! My lord, it's been a while since I've had jalapenos this hot...

I went to a bourbon tasting at a local watering hole this evening. They were pouring FR SmB, FRSB, Jeffersons, Jeffersons Reserve, and JRPS batch 5.

There were some seasoned bourbon folks there and a number of rookies and the most popular bottle was, of course, the JRPS.

Weller centennial. It goes well with the nachos but does nothing to reduce the heat from these insanely hot jalapenos! My lord, it's been a while since I've had jalapenos this hot...

Easy on the Centennial while eating the jalapenos! Isn't there a BiB in there that would do the trick?

AAA 10 year, Party Source bottling. This and the 1990 OT 86 I had last week have got me rethinking the sub-90 proofers.

I never thought much of them, but that's too short-sighted. There's some good stuff here. Stuff that'd likely be even better around 100, but good stuff nonetheless.

Easy on the Centennial while eating the jalapenos! Isn't there a BiB in there that would do the trick?

heh. I had the pour already, it wasn't intentional.

Wild Turkey, Old #(8 year old), 1994.

before that it was Old Fitz, BIB. and before that I had an old-fashioned made with ritt BIB (nice, NICE old fashioned). I'm going to bed soon, and intend to do it in style.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!