Knob Creek Single Barrel

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

With "Buy a Barrel" I guess the little sticker that says "Selected and Bottled Exclusively for Chuck's Liquors" is worth something.

It will be very interesting to see how they do position a KC single barrel, but I'm glad to know it won't be like "Buy a Barrel," which isn't really single barrel anyway.

Joshua and I confirmed tonight with a Beam Global Rep that all these things folks have seen in the past were NOT single barrels, just a pretty neck piece on the same old Small Batch Knob Creek, but in no way was it bourbon from an actual single barrel.

In addition to this Single Barrel program coming out there will be something else from Beam but I forgot what it was.

Maybe they'll do a single barrel, barrel proof, 8yo Basil Hayden? We can dream, can't we?

Maybe they'll do a single barrel, barrel proof, 8yo Basil Hayden? We can dream, can't we?

That's a great idea. Maybe even a 12 y/o.

I shudder to think of the price point on that.

It's a barrel proof 14 year, anywhere between 120-140, labeling as James Beam Legacy. 210 cases (of 6) are to be released April 1, 2011 at roughly $55 a bottle.

Josh...I think the product you can't recall is the new "Devil's Cut" product that will be out next year, no?

I wasn't the one to say it. =)

The above was just nonsense to see if it sparked any reactions (with the release date of April 1 being the key) and not the 'Devil's Cut' that is the actual product

I posted before seeing your last post...was responding to the 'other product that I can't remember' post of yours. Nice, early April Fools' though.

For those of you interested, "The Devil's Cut" is the new Beam product coming out next year. They've developed a method to agitate a barrel post-dump and, basically, shake out the remnants of that barrel. The resulting product is darker, exhibits more char notes, and - IMHO - a damn good idea to make sure Beam is "good to the last drop".

The term "Devil's Cut" is a play on "Angel's Share". Nice.

..."The Devil's Cut" is the new Beam product coming out next year. They've developed a method to agitate a barrel post-dump and, basically, shake out the remnants of that barrel. The resulting product is darker, exhibits more char notes...

Do they then chill-filter out the shake?:lol:

I hope not...

Every now and then I'm blessed with a BTAC that has flecks in the bottom. I see that as the mark of quality - a true maker's mark :grin:

Roger

• 1 month later...

News continues to dribble out through unofficial channels about the release in 2011 of a single barrel version of Beam's Knob Creek bourbon, leading me to suspect that the leaks are actually deliberate and strategic. Be that as it may, here is the latest.

The product will be called Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve. It will begin to ship in January for retail launch in February. It will still be 9-years-old but will be bottled at a significantly higher proof, 120° (60% alcohol). Of course, the barrels will be individually selected. Suggested retail is $10 above regular Knob, so about $40.

Instead of the paper label of the original the label will be screen-printed ceramic. It will look like this:

post-5-14489816851183_thumb.jpg

I toured Jim Beam a couple years ago and as we walked into the dump room, they were dumping KC. We were offered glasses to sample as the barrel was emptying. I told the JB rep that if they ever bottled KC at barrel strength, I'd buy it. I remember it being very good.

Instead of the paper label of the original the label will be screen-printed ceramic. It will look like this:

That's a very handsome bottle.

I toured Jim Beam a couple years ago and as we walked into the dump room, they were dumping KC. We were offered glasses to sample as the barrel was emptying. I told the JB rep that if they ever bottled KC at barrel strength, I'd buy it. I remember it being very good.

I've never been a huge fan of Knob. I do drink it in bars and restaurants but I normally don't keep any at home. When It comes to Beam's standard mash bill, Booker's is tops for me. (I'm liking OG BIB better that 114 these days)

I'll definitely get a bottle of the SB Reserve when it becomes available. I'd very much like to try it at or near barrel proof.

The product will be called Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve. It will begin to ship in January for retail launch in February. It will still be 9-years-old but will be bottled at a significantly higher proof, 120° (60% alcohol). Of course, the barrels will be individually selected. Suggested retail is $10 above regular Knob, so about $40.

:

I would pay $10 more for that.

This would be a monumental step for Beam......

Could it be that someday I may list a Beam product as one of my FAVS????:bigeyes:

Put a coat on Satan... A change may be comming !!!!:grin:

This would be a monumental step for Beam......

Could it be that someday I may list a Beam product as one of my FAVS????:bigeyes:

Put a coat on Satan... A change may be comming !!!!:grin:

The current Knob 9 yr I have at home is very good and the Bookers (killed a bottle at the bar, 7 of us) was great... I coud not beleive it was the over the top hot with no flavor Booker I had in the past. Great taste, not hot and one hell of a good bourbon... Go Beam Go!!!

I'd buy a bottle of this but in my neck of the woods it would be more like $43 to $46 a bottle. But this is best idea Beam has came out with since I started drinking bourbon.

in my neck of the woods it would be more like $43 to $46 a bottle.

MI minimum for KC is $33.97, so we are looking at the same price.

For double, or more, the price, it better be a lot better than OGD114. Could it be? Yes. Will it? I doubt it.

I like regular Knob Creek, so sign me up! Refreshing to see a release go up in proof, rather than down...and keeping the age too - bravo!

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.