Knob Creek Single Barrel

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Kind of like chewing on a kernel of wheat.

The taste reminds me of wild hickory nuts.

What does cooperage taste like?

Like wood, only fancier and more alliterative.

Alliterative. I love it when I get to whip out my big Dic...tionary. :D

He just wanted to use that word in a sentence today. Good Job Scott!

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds very good. John nailed the palate (of this barrel anyway).

Gary

I'm all about new whiskeys on the market. I know that the taste is there, somewhere, in that mashbill. I really do. I'm excited to try this when it comes around here.

I'm all about new whiskeys on the market. I know that the taste is there, somewhere, in that mashbill. I really do. I'm excited to try this when it comes around here.

For those who complain about foreign markets getting all of the good stuff, I just found out that this is a U.S.-only release, at least for now.

For those who complain about foreign markets getting all of the good stuff, I just found out that this is a U.S.-only release, at least for now.

Bad news for me Chuck, but very informative as usual.

Leif

• 1 month later...

Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve has appeared on the Ohio list for January with pricing set between 39.50 and 40.95 depending on the county tax rate.

The proof is listed at 120.

It may very well start to appear on shelves in Ohio earlier than the official start date, which Ohio notoriously sees no reason to honor. They did that with Red Stag too. It was out in Ohio about a month before it was supposed to be. What happens is they tell the producer, "if you want it out by x-date, we have to have it by y-date," then they actually roll it out whenever they feel like it. (Folks at Beam told me this.)

We are a bunch of rebels here in Ahia.

For comparison, standard KC on Ohio is in the 31.00-33.00 range and Bookers is 52.00-54.00, so this falls right in the middle of the two.

Sucks Ohio can't play by the rules --- I've talked to my local retailer in the past about this offering, now I will let them know that it will be released in OH sooner than expected :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Time to fine tune the bourbon radar. If Ohio is releasing stuff early, its about time they do something right. Many times they are way behind on new releases, unless you immediately let your local retailer know you are interested and even then its no guarantee. They can't even keep the pipeline flowing on some of the regular, heavy selling items!

Thomas

I talked to one of the managers at the Maryville HyVee liquor store and asked if they were planing on caring it and he said yes. But I could tell he didn't know all that much about it.

It was added to the OLCC list for January. I haven't seen any yet.

Price is $48.45. Regular KC goes for $37.95.

Bourbons at a similar price point are RHF ($51.95) and VW Lot B ($49.50), so I'm going to have to see some really enthusiastic tasting reports before dropping that much money on this stuff.

Unless Ohio drops early we're probably a couple of weeks away, although it should be shipping now, which means there's always a chance of it showing up at retail, but it's not supposed to drop until next month. It will be interesting to see if they launch it at full price or deal it to get sampling. I'm guessing they'll launch at full price, then deal it in a few months to force some volume and get customers to reorder.

Then there'll be a shortage. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.