Knob Creek Single Barrel

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I look forward to trying this! Sounds like I may be able to get a heads up on it as well, being in the Buckeye state!!

• 2 weeks later...

A retailer told me today that he was getting the KC 1B 120prf in tomorrow and if not then it would be a week from tomorrow.

Also he said he heard from BT that the new Old Rip Van Winkle 15yo will be out in November.

I asked the clerk at the first Wine and Spirts State Store here in PA if he knew when this was to be available.

No...was all he said.

Welcome Home Marc!

A retailer told me today that he was getting the KC 1B 120prf in tomorrow and if not then it would be a week from tomorrow.

Also he said he heard from BT that the new Old Rip Van Winkle 15yo will be out in November.

anyone have any thoughts on if the ORVW 15 will be cheaper then the PVW 15?

I asked the clerk at the first Wine and Spirts State Store here in PA if he knew when this was to be available.

No...was all he said.

Welcome Home Marc!

If it's any consolation, since he was a PLCB employee he was probably wrong.

I look forward to trying this! Sounds like I may be able to get a heads up on it as well, being in the Buckeye state!!

I checked out a couple stores today looking for this release and came up empty.

No...was all he said.

Welcome Home Marc!

I just use their website. It will tell you how many bottles are in a particular store. There are some good stores in Delaware.

Liquor Barn tweeted they had it in stock earlier today.

Yep. I saw it today. It was priced just under $40. I passed today but will probably get one soon.

OK, so I stopped in to pick up a bottle but they had none because the KC sales rep didn't add it to the retailer's order.

When asked about it the sales rep said he forgot because he was on vacation.

I have heard the vacation card played by beer, wine and liquor reps for decades, it does get tiresome.

I'll try again next week.

• 5 months later...

I picked up a bottle of this and I rather enjoy it. So for some notes. Color = Dark brown to amber like clover honey. Nose = full with vanilla, caramel, nuts and wood coming through. Taste = intriguing, corn oil mouth feel that thickens over time. Lots of vanilla and maple syrup. Also a hint of orange peel and and dried cherries and again with some nuts(hazelnut or hickory) and some star anise or pepper. This explodes across the tongue from tip to mid pallet with a nice lingering finish. I am going to have to get another bottle of this one. Much better than regular KC.

Hey Fishandbowljoe did you make up your mind on this one?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.