Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve

cigarnv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Why should they? By the time you're opening it you've already bought it. :lol:

That's it!!! I'm gonna make them open it at the liquor store before I leave!!! And if the girl behind the register is hot enough, i'm gonna make her do it in a bikini!!!

Well, I just bought a bottle of it yesterday. I have to admit, I think I finally found a low-rye-mash Beam that I like (other than Baker's, of course)!

I will echo what a lot of already said:

* Definitely on the sweet side

* Notes of butter brickle and warm spice in the nose

* Toffee and maple syrup on the palate

* Solid tannic structure, with a long, decidedly-oaky finish.

Overall, I have to say, I like it! This would be a great Cigar Bourbon...

I'm not a big fan of Knob Creek, which is what prevented me from buying this sooner, but this is way better tasting. The high proof will prevent this from being a regular pour for me since I try to drink everything neat, but will be great as an occasional treat. Very sweet with a strong taste of oak, and a very leathery aftertaste.

My only big complaint is that they need to line the wax up better. I pulled the string, and the stupid cap was still sealed under the wax. Come on Beam, it's hard to steer my bike while trying to gnaw off the wax.

I also was not a huge fan of Knob Creek, but I'm really impressed with this single barrel. The flavor is very intense, though I can't drink it straight without my whole chest seizing up, so I have to add some water, but the flavor is still very intense-- sweet, some brown sugar, oak, and leather.

I also have to concur on the wax-- the string was slightly higher than the bottom edge of the cap, meaning I had to get a knife out and run it around the edge to lower the wax enough for me to get at the cap.

I also have to concur on the wax-- the string was slightly higher than the bottom edge of the cap, meaning I had to get a knife out and run it around the edge to lower the wax enough for me to get at the cap.

I had the same issue... but then, everything worth doing in life is hard the first time around (like doing that one-handed trick on a girl's bra) but gets successively easier with experience. :cool: I have no doubt I'll be zipping tops off of KCSB like it ain't no thing here in no time!

The bottle I got today came open without a hitch.

Maybe it was just the first run of these.

• 2 weeks later...

I opened one today. Wax came off no problem. Used one of those rubber gripper thingy's that ya use for mason jars and such to pull the cork. Whole thing came open in maybe 20 seconds. Now it's going to taking a lot more than 20 seconds to finish the bottle... This barrel is quite tasty. One dimensional but very good, and great long aftertaste.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.