E.H Taylor Bourbons

cgbakerjr
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had the opportunity to try some of the Tornado today and ended up walking out with a bottle. It had a wonderful floral character that hooked me. I expected a greater similarity to other BT products, but it is substantially different and in a good way. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I highly recommend giving it a try if you have the opportunity.

I love a bourbon that has a story to tell. Moreover, as a self-proclaimed top shelf chick, the allure of the price tag peaked my interest. So last night, I decided to have a taste of the infamous Colonel E.H.Taylor Warehouse C Tornado Survivor. After the first swallow, I dubbed it “The Cowboy". Imagine if you will, a buckaroo swaggering into the bar wearing weathered boots and a bandana. A dribble from a tobacco “chaw” lazily flows down his chin. He surveys the room, draws his six-shooter but alas, is only firing blanks. Beware of the bullet holes that he will leave in your taste buds. The only thing this wrangler will lasso is your wallet. Not a fan.

imagejpeg_2_19.jpg

imagejpeg_2_18.jpg

imagejpeg_2_20.jpg

Send me your bottle!

6c5e125c-3ad4-2095.jpg

How did you get so many and who do I need to call to make that happen?

Augh! Well, I picked up the bottle that was waiting for me...and no tornado survival. :( It seems to be labeled 'Single Barrel'. I would have liked to try the Tornado version.

Is the Single Barrel expression any good? I only paid 50 for it.

Is the Single Barrel expression any good? I only paid 50 for it.

Unfortunately, this question will probably have as many answers as there were single barrels were used to produce this version of E.H. Taylor. There's no indication on the bottle of which barrel a particular bottle came from, so I suspect there's a bit of variability in this version. The one single barrel I've tried was pretty flat and is the weakest of the three releases IMO.

Unfortunately, this question will probably have as many answers as there were single barrels were used to produce this version of E.H. Taylor. There's no indication on the bottle of which barrel a particular bottle came from, so I suspect there's a bit of variability in this version. The one single barrel I've tried was pretty flat and is the weakest of the three releases IMO.

Augh! Yeah that is annoying. Knob Creek SB has the same issue. Do you think this info is removed to save money/time in production or just to create mystique?

I love a bourbon that has a story to tell. Moreover, as a self-proclaimed top shelf chick, the allure of the price tag peaked my interest. So last night, I decided to have a taste of the infamous Colonel E.H.Taylor Warehouse C Tornado Survivor. After the first swallow, I dubbed it “The Cowboy". Imagine if you will, a buckaroo swaggering into the bar wearing weathered boots and a bandana. A dribble from a tobacco “chaw” lazily flows down his chin. He surveys the room, draws his six-shooter but alas, is only firing blanks. Beware of the bullet holes that he will leave in your taste buds. The only thing this wrangler will lasso is your wallet. Not a fan.

If you're in the Atlanta area I'd be happy to take it off your hands!

Had my first taste of the Tornado last night, and it was mighty fine. I will report back further as I drink more of it. Definitely a bit brash, but I like that in a bourbon.

I got two bottles of the Tornado in the mail on Friday haven't tried it yet.

Bmac I think the Single Barrel is very good but it's a SB some are better than others.

Bmac I think the Single Barrel is very good but it's a SB some are better than others.

Quite agree! I was really surprised by it. For once I think I got lucky and I have a good barrel ;)

Just to update, I did finally get my tornado bottle.

For those who live in or near the Dallas area, I know a place that has 3 more Single Barrel expressions.

I picked up two bottles, and at $62.36 per bottle, plus tax, E. H. Taylor Jr. Warehouse C and two for Peppi last night.

After sampling them I passed on the previous two but picked up three of the Tornado's. If I could afford it I would bunker more. Love the balance between the thick sweetness and the bite from the wood. For me it's an anytime pour that is entertaining and delicious.

You get the feeling that it came out of the barrels just in time.

I picked up two bottles, and at $62.36 per bottle, plus tax, E. H. Taylor Jr. Warehouse C and two for Peppi last night.

that's a fantastic price. good for you man.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know where I could find a bottle of the Old Fashioned Sour Mash? I've got the other two.

Is it kosher to ask such questions? I don't want to violate any rules of decorum.

Thanks.

Anybody know where I could find a bottle of the Old Fashioned Sour Mash? I've got the other two.

Is it kosher to ask such questions? I don't want to violate any rules of decorum.

Thanks.

The question is fine just follow it up with send me a PM

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea when the rye will be released? Can't wait for that to come out, I think I will actually hoard a few bottles!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.