E.H Taylor Bourbons

cgbakerjr
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I sent an email to the CEO that this is not BIB as they described it in their advertisement. I have not heard back from him.

I took their answer to confirm exactly what I said, but that's just the way I am.

Although the answer seems to be saying some of it won't be bottled in bond, that may be a mis-speak. I suspect, as I said earlier, that it's all BIB, bottled in batches so that each bottling batch is from the same distilling season, therefore meeting the requirements for BIB.

I pity people who are so paranoid that they just assume everyone is trying to screw them.

I took their answer to confirm exactly what I said, but that's just the way I am.

Although the answer seems to be saying some of it won't be bottled in bond, that may be a mis-speak. I suspect, as I said earlier, that it's all BIB, bottled in batches so that each bottling batch is from the same distilling season, therefore meeting the requirements for BIB.

I pity people who are so paranoid that they just assume everyone is trying to screw them.

I don't think that it's simply "paranoia," but more to the point that the majors in Kentucky are so lacking in transparency. You often say that the producers don't actually lie, but neither do they come forth with honesty. That's highly frustrating for many of us, whether you see a reason for the lack of honesty or not.

Not being angry, just saying.

Chuck

Finally in late 2011, those same barrels were tasted and the bourbon was married into a single batch dubbed “Warehouse C Tornado Surviving Bourbon.†It was only fitting this bourbon would be released under the Colonel E. H. Taylor, Jr. moniker, as he was a bourbon industry survivor himself. Taylor owned and lost more than seven distilleries in his lifetime and built many of the buildings at Buffalo Trace Distillery, including the storm damaged Warehouses B and C.

All of the 93 Tornado Surviving Bourbon barrels were located on the top two floors of Warehouse C, and were at least 9 years, 8 months old when dumped; many of them were as old as 11 years, 11 months old. Like the previous two E. H. Taylor, Jr. releases, the Tornado Surviving Bourbon is “Bottled in Bond†at 100 proof.

If 9 yr old bourbon and 11 yr old bourbon are mixxed together it's not BIB .

I suspect, as I said earlier, that it's all BIB, bottled in batches so that each bottling batch is from the same distilling season, therefore meeting the requirements for BIB.

Not That I care... I'll buy it if I like it, but the Press Release does say....

"... the bourbon was married into a single batch dubbed “Warehouse C Tornado Surviving Bourbon.†so either the Press release was wrong, or the guy sending out the email lied....:rolleyes:

either way, I hope its tasty !!!! :grin:

What if barrels from the same season were tanked at 9 years and then at 11 years and blended? Would that violate BIB regs?

Don't matter to me if BIB or not. Although I have not - and probably will not - drop $70+ on either of the first 2 releases, this one sounds rather interesting to give it a whirl. What I am really looking forward to with great anticipation is the possibility of a rye release under this label. Maybe not a true EHT recipe in the historical context, but, any new rye these days (except LDI) is a welcome sight.

Chuck

Finally in late 2011, those same barrels were tasted and the bourbon was married into a single batch dubbed “Warehouse C Tornado Surviving Bourbon.” It was only fitting this bourbon would be released under the Colonel E. H. Taylor, Jr. moniker, as he was a bourbon industry survivor himself. Taylor owned and lost more than seven distilleries in his lifetime and built many of the buildings at Buffalo Trace Distillery, including the storm damaged Warehouses B and C.

All of the 93 Tornado Surviving Bourbon barrels were located on the top two floors of Warehouse C, and were at least 9 years, 8 months old when dumped; many of them were as old as 11 years, 11 months old. Like the previous two E. H. Taylor, Jr. releases, the Tornado Surviving Bourbon is “Bottled in Bond” at 100 proof.

If 9 yr old bourbon and 11 yr old bourbon are mixxed together it's not BIB .

You've got me. "Married into a single batch" means NOT BIB.

I apologize for not getting it sooner.

Inquiries have been made.

"I'm shocked to find gambling going on here!"

But yeah, Chuck, the majors never lie, they just say "blatantly stupid" things.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't matter to me if BIB or not. Although I have not - and probably will not - drop $70+ on either of the first 2 releases, this one sounds rather interesting to give it a whirl. What I am really looking forward to with great anticipation is the possibility of a rye release under this label. Maybe not a true EHT recipe in the historical context, but, any new rye these days (except LDI) is a welcome sight.

If it is no BIB, but labeled as BIB, it would be a sick irony of sorts, not that I really have a dog in the fight per se...

See the below article and quote that describes Edmund Hanes Taylor Jr advocating and leading the way for passing the Bottled in Bond Act in Congress, according to Mr. Cowdery:

http://cowdery.home.netcom.com/articles/allamer.html

Extracted from the above referenced article:

Of course, this was not the kind of thing bourbon makers could take lying down. Kentucky distiller Colonel Edmund Haynes Taylor, Jr. (creator of Old Taylor Bourbon) campaigned tirelessly for the Bottled-In-Bond Act, which finally passed the U.S. Congress in 1897. The Act, which guaranteed the authenticity of bourbon whiskey, was the first piece of federal consumer protection legislation of any kind

It's possible the answer will be that the press release misspoke about the marrying, but this looks bad for BT. I can't think of any way you can marry whiskey distilled in different seasons and call it BIB.

Hangin's too good for 'em.

I'll probably have a statement by Tuesday at the latest. I'll let you know.

I apologize for not getting it sooner.

Inquiries have been made.

I simply couldn't understand why you weren't all over it from the beginning :lol:

From the earlier response it looked like they were saying some bottles would be married and not be BIB and some would be single batch BIB.

Yeah, but only Birdman1099 was smart enough to point out the key thing I was missing, so I hope the rest of you won't hurt yourselves patting yourselves on the back.

Well, I just heard officially from Buffalo Trace and even they chided me for not catching it sooner.

The "married into a single batch" line was a mistake by the press release writer, who is very sorry. In fact, it was bottled in several batches, according to distilling season, and is, therefore, BIB.

Yeah, but only Birdman1099 was smart enough to point out the key thing I was missing, so I hope the rest of you won't hurt yourselves patting yourselves on the back.

C'mon... let us enjoy our happy dance :slappin:

Woo Hooo..... Glad to be good for something. :grin:

Always good for a drink and chat as well:grin: .I remember seeing these

tornado barrels high up in the rick. We got to wander a tad, and found these barrels with tornado tags on them. 4th or 5th level as I recall. Should be quite tasty.

Distributor in Chicago was told the bottles will be arriving in a few weeks. Most likely late February.

I asked if the bottles are identified by the batch and they aren't, so there's no way to know if you're getting an 8 year old or an 11 year old, except by taste.

I asked if the bottles are identified by the batch and they aren't, so there's no way to know if you're getting an 8 year old or an 11 year old, except by taste.

No way to collect them all :hot:

Or, (for the cynical), if they are being straight-forward with what they've done....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.