What Beer are you drinking spring 2011

HipFlask
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The problem I've had with the "Imperials" is the heavy anise flavors. I'm not much of a licorice fan. Do they leave out the anise in this one? If so, I'll have to look for it.

After a few pours of bourbon I had two glasses of Left Hand Milk Stout. It tasted especially good tonight.

I grilled some chicken with a spicy bbq rub and paired it with a Bell's Two Hearted Ale. Definitely a good choice.

Starting the weekend with a Victory Brewing "Hop Wallop" Ale. Let's just say, I've been hit harder. Nice body to the beer, though.

Another Bell's Two Hearted Ale after dusty hunting....now comes the tough decision of which bourbon to open first.

Today I picked up:

Samuel Smith's nut brown ale

Samuel Smith's imperial stout

Guiness extra stout

Westmalle trippel trappist ale

The imperial stout was excellent, I already know I like the nut brown ale, and plan on trying the Guiness and the Westmalle tomorrow. Beats hard-boiled eggs and Peeps any day.:rolleyes:

MGD 64 at my grandmother's house after Easter lunch. Serves me right for not bringing anything else to drink!

Visited a wine and beer boutique today and hauled off with these sixers:

Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout

Bell's Kalamazoo Stout & Two Hearted Ale

Old Rasputon Russian Imperial Stout (4 pk)

Lagunitas Imperial Stout (22oz.)

Stone Smoked Porter (22oz.)

Dogfish Head World Wide (12oz.)

Bell's Exposition Stout and Double Cream Stout already stockpiled.

Left a few others behind for another day.

Just like a fine whiskey, fine beers are just as enjoyable when the mood calls for a barley malted.

For Easter,

Stella Artois

Lagunitas IPA

Odell's Easy Street Wheat

Negra Modelo

Good variety.

Finished off the night with a terrific Founder's Centennial IPA.

Added by edit: Then decided to go back for one more - a Left Hand Milk Stout.

Two growlers this weekend. Georgetown "Lucile" IPA=HEAVEN. :yum: Second was Freemont Brewing IPA, almost as great as the Lucile.

Finished off the night with a terrific Founder's Centennial IPA.

I had that one on tap in the closest liquor barn store to my hotel here in Louisville on Saturday. It was totally fresh and tasted wonderful. I have had it from bottles many times in Sweden, but this was very much better.

Leif

Enjoyed a few bottles of Fuel Cafe Stout from Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee. I'll be visiting the brewery itself next weekend which should be fun.

Went out this past Saturday and had Stone Arrogant Bastard, Yards Pale Ale and a Victory Hop Devil.

The Stone was the best of the lot.

Picked up some of Breckenridge Brewery's Small Batch 471 Double IPA recently, really good stuff. I maybe turning into a major IPA fan.

I had that one on tap in the closest liquor barn store to my hotel here in Louisville on Saturday. It was totally fresh and tasted wonderful. I have had it from bottles many times in Sweden, but this was very much better.

Leif

Which Liquor Barn has the Founders Centennial on tap? Hurstbourne?

They now offer 32 ounce growlers, which is a perfect size for me.

Nectar Red Ale for me this evening... nice brew but nothing special and not in the same league as their IPA which I find to be very good..

I've been trying to shed some pounds which means less beer among the many things I've cut back on. I like hoppy beers, but now that Summer is coming Lighter beers will be in the fridge more. I've always liked Becks and saw their light beer advertised with only 64 calories. I am not a fan, very weak taste that only hints at a the non-light original. I'll drink them, but prefer Rolling Rock light as my go to light beer.

I recently picked up a case of "The Beers of Mexico" at Costco. For less than $1 per bottle, I got a six-pack each of Sol, Tecate, and Dos Equis regular and dark. As these usually sell for $7-8 per six-pack around here, it is a fairly good value. I haven't opened it yet, though.

Tim

I recently picked up a case of "The Beers of Mexico" at Costco. For less than $1 per bottle, I got a six-pack each of Sol, Tecate, and Dos Equis regular and dark. As these usually sell for $7-8 per six-pack around here, it is a fairly good value. I haven't opened it yet, though.

Tim

I usually grab one of those cases at Sam's Club at the beginning of summer, as they make nice quenchers on a hot day.

Tim

I saw "Beers of Mex" $19.99 (24pk) in my local stores ad but haven't gotten around to check it out, nice to know what is in it, maybe I'll swing by there this week and snag that while on sale, would be nice now that its starting to warm up a little bit.

I'm in a Guinness groove right now...But if I want a beer after some physical labor, I'm reaching for the PBR.

post-1373-14489817268781_thumb.jpg

post-1373-14489817268781_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.