What Beer are you drinking spring 2011

HipFlask
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Beer in a can is back in vogue...Oscar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout...yes, in a can and awesome "motor oil" - 10/50

Grilled on Sunday with Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale. Cans are great for outdoors!

Grilled on Sunday with Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale. Cans are great for outdoors!

I agree. I was hitting Bitburger tallboys yesterday on a scorching hot afternoon and they couldn't have tasted better.

Firestone Double Jack – Imperial IPA – delicious, complex, balanced 8.0

Tasted my first Firestone last night: Walker's Reserve Porter. Good gravey it was delicious! Silky, subtle cocoa/coffee/toffee, more malty than sweet, but perfectly balanced all the way through. I don't drink much Porter, but this beer was impeccable.

I picked up a couple of the Double Jack today.

I've been working on Sam Adams Lattitude Deconstructed and Sierra Nevada Beer School Sample pack. Both are great and recommended! The Lattitude is really cool as it has a single bottle of each different hop used in making the standard Lattitude, which is also included.

I had the latest Brooklyn black chocolate stout with the soft orange/chocolate cake for dessert yesterday. I do believe that this vintage is a bad one for this brand and the storage hasn’t improved it much so far. It’s very thin compared to the vintage before for example. The cake did overpower the beer and that shouldn’t normally be the case. However I guess this is part of the enjoyment of craftsmanship and small scale.

Leif

Genesee Cream Ale on a hot afternoon while doing some gardening. Brooklyn Lager with a nice grilled chicken dinner. Superb!

A couple of Kirin Ichibans tonight. I always enjoy a good Japanese beer.

Smuttynose's Shoal Pale Ale. Very fine and faithful to the English tradition of pale ales.

Smuttynose IPA and Brooklyn East India Pale Ale. The nod goes to Smuttynose.

Bridgeport: Kingpin Double Red Ale 7.5%ABV 65IBU's. Unfortunately a bit of a let down from Bridgeport for me again. As a double red ale I anticipated there to be quite a bit of hops, and the packaging lead me to believe so as well. However, just as with the Hop Czar I tried, it was just way too malty for my tastes. I'll keep them in the fridge in hopes that they grow on me, but they didn't sit quite right with me just yet.

Founder's Breakfast Stout this morning with my pipe

Miller High Life during the hot afternoon hours.

Had my last Left Hand Milk Stout tonight. Time to pick up another six pack!

Had my last Left Hand Milk Stout tonight. Time to pick up another six pack!

Glad you found a Left Hand you like, the last few I've tried from them have all but turned me off from the brand, which is unfortunate as the brewery is within 20miles of here. Oh well, I'm sure I'll try more someday.

I busted my freakin' arse on a 25 mile bike ride this afternoon, in 96 degree temps. These Georgia hills will beat the livin' crap out of you. Guzzled a Corona upon my wobbly legged return to my chair in the back yard. Yeah, yeah, I know what ya'll think of Corona. But, IMO it's one great thirst quenching beer in hot weather....and, at the beach.

I busted my freakin' arse on a 25 mile bike ride this afternoon, in 96 degree temps. These Georgia hills will beat the livin' crap out of you. Guzzled a Corona upon my wobbly legged return to my chair in the back yard. Yeah, yeah, I know what ya'll think of Corona. But, IMO it's one great thirst quenching beer in hot weather....and, at the beach.

A couple Sweetwater 420s last night. When I first moved back to Atlanta in 2005 I wasn't sure about this beer. Over the past couple of years it has really grown on me.

A couple Sweetwater 420s last night. When I first moved back to Atlanta in 2005 I wasn't sure about this beer. Over the past couple of years it has really grown on me.

I drink a good bit of that, and the terrapin rye ale, when I visit Atlanta, but that's because it's what I usually find on tap (and for sale). Sales on pitchers are not uncommon.

Just watched the Drinking Made Easy "Atlanta" episode, they sure liked that Sweetwater 420. If I could find some here I'd pick it up, but I think its safe to say Colorado has enough Pale Ale's to go around. But if I get down to Atlanta I'll sure seek out the 420.

Just watched the Drinking Made Easy "Atlanta" episode, they sure liked that Sweetwater 420. If I could find some here I'd pick it up, but I think its safe to say Colorado has enough Pale Ale's to go around. But if I get down to Atlanta I'll sure seek out the 420.

By all means try it if you visit Atlanta, but don't get your hopes up. It's a decent beer, but it's not very assertive. I think it is popular, in large part, for two reasons: it's local, and it has a name everyone can snicker about.

By all means try it if you visit Atlanta, but don't get your hopes up. It's a decent beer, but it's not very assertive. I think it is popular, in large part, for two reasons: it's local, and it has a name everyone can snicker about.

That just about sums it up!

A couple Stone IPAs with dinner tonight. Pretty good, but not as good as the offerings from Founders or Bells, in my opinion.

Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere 2011. Better than the much pricier Estate, in my opinion. It may not be better than the Northern Hemisphere Harvest, but it's certainly better than any of the NA Harvest available now, since that's all gone.

$3.99 for a bomber is a good deal.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.