What type of glass do you drink your bourbon in?

autiger23
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Looking at some new one's and looks like ill shoot for a 4 pack of the Glencairn whiskey glass for $28. I am guessing a good percentage on here use that as glass of choice?

Right now I use a couple four roses whiskey glasses I picked up at their distillery back in the fall visit. Pretty good but not great for helping the nose. Havent seen a thread strictly on this so figured why not start one. If there is, I apologize just did not see one in a search.

I used to just use a tumbler or a short glass that came in a gift pack, until my step daughter got me 2 of the Glencairn whiskey glasses with a celtic C on them for Christmas and then I bought 2 more from the Woodinville Whiskey Co because they were on special for $12 a pair through the Living Social

I use the Glencairn most of the time and find it very good. Lots of people sell them, so shop around for the best price. Most of mine have come from attending WhiskeyFest, where you get one as part of the cost of admission. Since they always have that year's logo on them, Malt Advocate will sometimes clear out leftovers from previous years at very good prices.

Looking at some new one's and looks like ill shoot for a 4 pack of the Glencairn whiskey glass for $28. I am guessing a good percentage on here use that as glass of choice?

Right now I use a couple four roses whiskey glasses I picked up at their distillery back in the fall visit. Pretty good but not great for helping the nose. Havent seen a thread strictly on this so figured why not start one. If there is, I apologize just did not see one in a search.

Found a 6pack on amazon a few weeks ago for $33 I think it was so check there first.

Lately I've been using a stemmed sine tasting glass that my local grocery store had for a wine tasting event. It only cost me $3. It has some branding on it but for the price I couldn't resist. It's very similar to a Port Wine glass.

I use mostly a Glencairn but occasionally a smaller type snifter made for Asbach Uralt brandy. The snifters were special ordered from Germany years ago, by my deceased father in law, for his restaurant. They have very thin glass and enhance the smell of the pour but that thin glass means I'm down to three and now have sentimental value too.

I have several types that I like and use for different occasions and moods.

Click on thumbnail pic below.

Left to right;

O-Riedel

Brandy snifter

Scotch nosing glass

Canadian Whiskey glass

Four Roses gift box glass

Wild Turkey gift box glass

Collins glass

I use all seven for drinking neat and some (Canadian and Collins) for on the rocks.

(Later Edit)---I forgot to include one of my original favorites, my Roly-Poly glass which is also excellent for sipping neat.

post-1534-14489817217829_thumb.jpg

post-1534-14489817217829_thumb.jpg

I use the Glencairn most of the time and find it very good. Lots of people sell them, so shop around for the best price. Most of mine have come from attending WhiskeyFest, where you get one as part of the cost of admission. Since they always have that year's logo on them, Malt Advocate will sometimes clear out leftovers from previous years at very good prices.

I just bought 24 Glencairn 2010 WhiskyFest glasses for $125. They threw in two hoodie sweatshirts, two T-shirt, two bar towels and 8 books. SO it was quite a deal. The deal changes each week.

I just bought 24 Glencairn 2010 WhiskyFest glasses for $125. They threw in two hoodie sweatshirts, two T-shirt, two bar towels and 8 books. SO it was quite a deal. The deal changes each week.

And it's a good thing I got 24 because I have already dropped one on the porch! There seems to be a relationship between the amount of Bourbon I drink and the likelihood of dropping the glass!

I used to drink all of my bourbon out of a Glencairn glass but have switched over to a nice Four Roses glass that came with a gift set a few years back. Because I drink virtually all my whiskey neat, I prefer a smaller glass, as I have no need to make room for ice.

Im guessing this will happen after ALL whiskeyfest are over?

I am on there now and see nothing, but likely looking in the wrong place. If you can shoot a link of the page then I would appreciate that! Thanks.

I've tried them all but still prefer a brandy snifter.

Joe :usflag:

Im guessing this will happen after ALL whiskeyfest are over?

I am on there now and see nothing, but likely looking in the wrong place. If you can shoot a link of the page then I would appreciate that! Thanks.

My favorite WAS a brandy snifter (wife broke it awhile back and I have replaced it yet)... Post-break, various tumblers (one of my favs is from a Rare Breed gift set) when I drink bourbon on the rocks, otherwise Glencairn.

jsbac

As I burrowed through my glass cabinet, and began pulling out my favorite “go-to†glasses, I came out with the following (pictured below). In general, I find that I prefer the smallish (8oz), squatty, cheap (most were either picked up at Sampler, or taken from Hotels :o), and those that offer a good grip. :

1. Reidel Bourbon Glass: The only one I actually purchased. :crazy: It’s my high-fallutin’ “Special Occasion Glassâ€, or my, “I’z a perfessional taster glassâ€

2. Hilton Hotel Bathroom Glass: Lifted from various Hilton’s throughout the country. Dang nice, and at the right price.

3. Buffalo Trace Glass: From previous Samplers. Similar to the Hilton glasses, but the raised /embossed buffalo gives a great grip.

4. Chateau Elan Resort Bathroom Glass: Lifted from Chateau Elan Winery Resort. Nice noser, smallish, and again, a great price.

5. Elijah Craig Glass: Another Sampler Glass. The wider opening is good if I feel like putting a few ice cubes in.

6. Woodford Reserve Glass: Sampler Glass. Very heavy, short, stout glass. This just has a great feel to it.

7. Bunny Cup: I bring this puppy out when I’m drinkin’ “juiceâ€. ;)

post-692-1448981724834_thumb.jpg

If I get another glass my wife will have a fit. For me I like several basic styles depending on what I am tasting.... stylized snifter, flared rocks, small rocks and a small "O" style. I have moved away from larger glasses and never have been a fan of the Glencarin.. glass or crystal. Overall I tend to reach mostly for the snifter and the small "O" style.

post-1354-14489817249821_thumb.jpg

post-1354-14489817249821_thumb.jpg

If I know that I am just going to drink bourbon at home, I use the Reidel bourbon glass (I don't travel with it because of it fragility). If there's a possibility that I will also be going to the dark side (or if I'm traveling), the Glencairn is my glass of choice (Likewise, if I know it's just scotch and no bourbon, I bring out my Reidel Single Malt Glass).

Tom

If I get another glass my wife will have a fit. For me I like several basic styles depending on what I am tasting.... stylized snifter, flared rocks, small rocks and a small "O" style. I have moved away from larger glasses and never have been a fan of the Glencarin.. glass or crystal. Overall I tend to reach mostly for the snifter and the small "O" style.

What's the logo on the glass on the far right? I don't recognize it. :skep:

I go with the Glencairn when sipping neat or a splash of spring water -- I have a few 2010 Whiskeyfest ones from Malt Advocate, a pair of the Old Forester Prohibition labeled glasses and a set of four plain ones.

For rocks, I reach for the Buffalo Trace rocks glasses with the raised buffalo on 'em.

What's the logo on the glass on the far right? I don't recognize it. :skep:

Anybody else hear crickets?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.