What type of glass do you drink your bourbon in?

autiger23
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

That's my No 1 choice, a smallish one.

When it comes to serious tasting, I think I agree with you and Joe. I would actually like to purchase a higher quality snifter than the one I am using if you or anybody else has any suggestions.

For regular sipping my favorite glass is actually one that comes in a Woodford Reserve gift set, but is also sold by the glass at a local liquor store.

post-6330-1448981725199_thumb.jpg

I just bought 24 Glencairn 2010 WhiskyFest glasses for $125. They threw in two hoodie sweatshirts, two T-shirt, two bar towels and 8 books. SO it was quite a deal. The deal changes each week.

What's the logo on the glass on the far right? I don't recognize it. :skep:

Well, after not recognizing the logo (and being the inquisitive one) I turned to the favorite tool of the inquisitive: Google

Zooming in on the logo on the glass, it looked like 1789b to me. Among the noise, Google returns a site at http://1789b.com but without any information at all about it which is odd. Clicking the link takes you to a site with no index or landing page.

The trail goes cold.

The domain is registered through a Canadian host called Blacksun and the whois record looks generic with no real info, typical of anonymous hosting services. Still cold.

An IP address search shows two other sites at the same address, 1492c.com and savourezlavie.com. Neither load a default page either, so no luck here.

Back to Google...

Digging further through the search results for 1789b there's a reference back to a post by Hectic1 in the current Dusty Finds thread here on SB. The emoticons in that thread look normal, but they aren't sourced from SB, they are sourced from...1789b.com.

http://www.1789b.com/libations/images/smilies/smile.gif

The trail has warmed a bit.

Trying different iterations of the URL for the emoticon brings a page that loads successfully.

http://www.1789b.com/libations

Finally! :woohoo:

The link leads to a locked down vBulletin site that has a picture of rickhouses and a favicon in the browser address bar that looks like a whiskey bottle. You can't get anywhere without logging in.

It looks like an intentionally obscure whiskey/bourbon site.

So, what's the deal with 1789b.com? Do they sell bourbon glassware?

Moving on to 2011 and the thread topic, I like my Bulleit glass. It is very hand friendly, being oval-shaped like the bottle.

Moving on to 2011 and the thread topic, I like my Bulleit glass. It is very hand friendly, being oval-shaped like the bottle.

Hey, Amy. I don't know that I've seen that glass. Can you please post a picture?

So, what's the deal with 1789b.com? Do they sell bourbon glassware?

Dunno Scott, but I gotta tell you: I'd be very, very careful who you talk to about that, because the person who wrote that... it's real creative artwork on them glasses isn't it.

Probably just the same krew that ran that upstart bourbondrinker.com.

Hey, Amy. I don't know that I've seen that glass. Can you please post a picture?

Joe, this may be the one Amy is speaking of... in the classic style of their bottles

post-1354-14489817254507_thumb.jpg

Joe, this may be the one Amy is speaking of... in the classic style of their bottles

Back to that 1789b glass. Do you have any better pictures? Who makes it? Are they available to the unwashed/general public?

I think I found it. It looks to be a lot like this.

DC1_BD1.jpg

That looks to be the glass Timothy...to answer Scott's question, do you have a source that they can be purchased through?

I like how your tag at the bottom of your posts keep getting longer...refering to the Pappy addition! :)

That looks to be the glass Timothy...to answer Scott's question, do you have a source that they can be purchased through?

I like how your tag at the bottom of your posts keep getting longer...refering to the Pappy addition! :)

No idea, that's a UK site.

Yeah, it's tough to get much longer, there're only so many characters allowed in a signature...I had to ditch all my bowing emoticons to add the pappy reference:hot:

No idea, that's a UK site.

Yeah, it's tough to get much longer, there're only so many characters allowed in a signature...I had to ditch all my bowing emoticons to add the pappy reference:hot:

With all of the hype around here over the VW release there certainly isn't a shortage of Pappyophiles around here. VW must have taken a page from the book on creating Rabid Fans. Good for them though...Julian seems like a guy who puts the quailty of the product first and the profits second! :cool:

I have a Reidel bourbon glass (well, I had 4, and we broke 2 in the same night the other night!) that I enjoy, but I also really enjoy a couple of jam jars that work really well. They are big/solid enough to use as a rocks glass if I want, but can also be used effectively to drink neat, as the mouth is more narrow than the rest and ends up concentrating the smell a bit.

Just check the jam jars or the salsa jars the next time you're in the supermarket and look for one you might like, and give it a shot. The price is right, too.

Here is my Bulleit glass that I actually bought at the KBF one year.post-4234-14489817254603_thumb.jpg

Here is my Bulleit glass that I actually bought at the KBF one year.[ATTACH]12092[/ATTACH]

Who is your hand model?

Here is my Bulleit glass that I actually bought at the KBF one year.[ATTACH]12092[/ATTACH]

I didn't know that you could actually buy a glass in Bardstown. :DI don't remember, does Bulleit do the Sampler?

Anyone use the Avva crystal tumbler? They're a small tumbler that fits great in the hand. Will fit a couple ice cubes. Wifey got them for me for christmas and spent WAY too much on them.

For drinking neat its a copita or a glencairn.

I didn't know that you could actually buy a glass in Bardstown. :DI don't remember, does Bulleit do the Sampler?

Buying glass in Bardstown is about as easy as getting a cab there.

Dude stole my line.:rolleyes:

Yeah, it looks like a similar shaped glass but I want a real 1789b glass. Are any of the members here going to sack up and talk about it? Bob? Reid? How can I get one to add to my collection?

Are you sworn to secrecy or something? If that's the case, then it seems pretty juvenile, IMO.

Yeah, it looks like a similar shaped glass but I want a real 1789b glass. Are any of the members here going to sack up and talk about it? Bob? Reid? How can I get one to add to my collection?

Are you sworn to secrecy or something? If that's the case, then it seems pretty juvenile, IMO.

Apparently it's something that only the cool kids get to play with.

I use a 12 oz. and a 16 oz. snifter (depends on the pour). Looking to buy a couple Glencairn glasses just for comparison and mood variation while sipping a dram of bourbon or Scotch.

Can't see how the snifter can be beat. Nice bowl to capture the aroma, plenty of swirl room to open up the dram and easily cupped in the hand for hand warming the whiskey.

Love my glass (not crystal) glencairns. Hate my snifters. Occasionally have a pour in my 4 roses glasses.

Love my glass (not crystal) glencairns. Hate my snifters. Occasionally have a pour in my 4 roses glasses.

Ben, I find Four Roses has some of the better "hand out" glasses. I really like the small rocks glass they have with the squared off corners from the Sampler a few years back... nice feel and a great size.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.