What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Summer 2011

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stopped by La Masion du Whiskey's shop on the rue d'Anjou in Paris, and picked up a bottle each of Blanton's Special Reserve, Gold Edition and 105 proof special bottling, as well as a special bottling of Four Roses Single Barrel and Evan Williams 23 year-old...

...now all I need to do is figure out how to bring these babies home in one piece!:lol:

Hey Mat, I just got 5 bottles home Hawaii to Australia safe and sound this week.... let me know if you need any tips :grin:

Today was a good day along the WI/MN border...love those states! :)

20 Tax Strip Old Fitz BIB DSP 16 200's, 7 Old Fitz BIB DSP16/24 200's, 14 Tax Strip Old Fitz Prime 6/86 200's, and 2 WTRB 97's. I also got a shipment in with 4 8yr Willett BP Private Selection, 4 FR OBSV BP Private Selection, 1 Private Selection RHF, and 2 Private Selection KCSB's.

April2011064-1.jpg

You're somewhat responsible for these purchases! :) Now you know why I need to hold off for a bit on some of the others...;)

Pulled in a favor and got one strait from JVW for $360 out the door shipped. It finally all worked out and just glad it's in hand now...ORVW 23 decanter! Happy week.

Also a PVW15 and two 1L Weller 12yr's....my first bottles ever...really happy week!

Good to see that you finally picked one up....at the right price!

Cheers!

20 Tax Strip Old Fitz BIB DSP 16 200's, 7 Old Fitz BIB DSP16/24 200's, 14 Tax Strip Old Fitz Prime 6/86 200's, and 2 WTRB 97's. I also got a shipment in with 4 8yr Willett BP Private Selection, 4 FR OBSV BP Private Selection, 1 Private Selection RHF, and 2 Private Selection KCSB's.

April2011064-1.jpg

Wow, i hope to walk into a place like that just 1 time. Until then I will have to make due with another PVW 15 and 20. Thought this area was dry by now but got a call today saying they got some in and wanted to know if I still wanted it.:slappin:

April2011064-1.jpg

Wow... and I was happy with my 2 OFBiB 375s :bigeyes:

2 Old Charter 7 BiB, DSPKY2/16 - anyone tasted this before?

3 Old Charter 8 distilled in Louisville 200ml

1 Michter's SB Straight Rye

1 OWA 375ml

Was in Wisconsin and found one of the rarest Pappy Van Winkle 23 year; the first bottling at Frankfort with no letter. Only about 900 of them were done and I can't imagine for the life of me how this bottle sat in this store for so long! Glad to give it a home though.

Picked up the attached in Hawaii last week.... and the Woodford Derby bottle was an Aussie Duty Free find...

post-563-14489817365858_thumb.jpg

Good week i think. these single oak projects are damn hard to get around here. could only score one. also got another ardbeg alligator, michter's 10 yr, parker's 27 and a couple scotches

post-6506-14489817366456_thumb.jpg

post-6506-14489817366456_thumb.jpg

Been hitting the BTAC pretty hard recently so I had to top up.

2 x ER 17 Yr (Fall 2010 and 2001)

2 x WLW (129.9 & 126.6)

1 x Handy (129)

Also some ETL and ER 10yr (still can't decide which I like better)

Chucked in a Glenmorangie Signet and 18 year to round it out.

ER 17 came in today, my BTAC is finally complete ( I think ), I got wind of a sixth bottle that BT only releases every few years or so? Is this fact or fiction?

ER 17 came in today, my BTAC is finally complete ( I think ), I got wind of a sixth bottle that BT only releases every few years or so? Is this fact or fiction?

Did you complete everything since 2000? If so, major congratulations on that, it's taken me about 7 years to pull it off.

But no, I have never heard of a sixth bottle, there is the occasional additional realease like the 2005 Staggs of which there were three, but no 6th bottle in the Collection I've ever heard of.

is there a complete list out there? what about the other BT stuff like the experimental and oak project? thanks.

First time I've ever heard of the OGD Bicentennial...when was this produced?

First time I've ever heard of the OGD Bicentennial...when was this produced?

Um, just guessing,...1976.:rolleyes:

I guess you could call the Weller 19 a "sixth bottle." It was part of the original BTAC and was released 2000-2002. William Larue Weller then was introduced in 2005.

Picked up a bottle of Willett ''Shoppers Vineyard Selected'' 3YR Cask Strength Family Estate Bottled Single Barrel Rye.

IMG_20110625_124619.jpg

Did you complete everything since 2000? If so, major congratulations on that, it's taken me about 7 years to pull it off.

But no, I have never heard of a sixth bottle, there is the occasional additional realease like the 2005 Staggs of which there were three, but no 6th bottle in the Collection I've ever heard of.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!