What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Summer 2011

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While googling "willett whisky" to find out where to buy it, i came across this. Thought some of you guys raised in the 70's would appreciate it. Anyway, where can i buy willett? Not the pot stilled (no pun intended ;) ).

post-6506-14489817366776_thumb.jpg

post-6506-14489817366776_thumb.jpg

one of the members here was kind enough to recommend party source and K&L as a source for willett. could you guys give me a short list of a couple bottles to try? thanks.

While googling "willett whisky" to find out where to buy it, i came across this. Thought some of you guys raised in the 70's would appreciate it. Anyway, where can i buy willett? Not the pot stilled (no pun intended ;) ).

Picked up EWSB '93 and '96 along with a bottle of JB Devil's Cut, which has finally made its way into our neck of the woods. :grin:

post-7099-14489817367074_thumb.jpg

My finds on thirsty Thursday

VSOF and Dickel BHC bottlings

Early release RHF BiB

2x OGD BiB 8 yr old bottled in '90

1 ER101 750, 1 375, and 20 200ml. All NO bottlings.

OC Bib 4/5th quart bottled in '71

WT CGF and RR101

WSR liter from '87 and 750 from '89.

4x RY 90 proof 200ml bottled in '85

I left a good amount of the ER101s and RYs for the next hunter. Along with a bunch of OC12 L'villes. I also found some rather evaporated bottles of tax stripped OGD 114 bottles and a Fairfax Country. All in all, not bad for just a few stores.

post-5093-14489817367492_thumb.jpg

My finds on thirsty Thursday

VSOF and Dickel BHC bottlings

Early release RHF BiB

2x OGD BiB 8 yr old bottled in '90

1 ER101 750, 1 375, and 20 200ml. All NO bottlings.

OC Bib 4/5th quart bottled in '71

WT CGF and RR101

WSR liter from '87 and 750 from '89.

4x RY 90 proof 200ml bottled in '85

I left a good amount of the ER101s and RYs for the next hunter. Along with a bunch of OC12 L'villes. I also found some rather evaporated bottles of tax stripped OGD 114 bottles and a Fairfax Country. All in all, not bad for just a few stores.

Nice work Jake...I'm sure the next hunter will appreciate you leaving those behind...;)

Yesterday's haul:

EWSB 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2001

EC 18

Mitchers

Found these in Malaysia? Or are you back in the US?

Picked up EWSB '93 and '96 along with a bottle of JB Devil's Cut, which has finally made its way into our neck of the woods. :grin:

I have three bottles of '99 vintage. I haven't cracked any of them open yet. I also have five bottles of 2000 vintage. The 2001 is very good, IMO.

Found these in Malaysia? Or are you back in the US?

Nope, I have a friend who keeps an eye out for things for me.

Finally found current Old Fitz 12yr!:cool: Also picked up another Weller 12 to replenish and compare.

2 handles of l'ville WSR from '93... $20 each!

2 375s of the same

750 of OT 6 yr 86 proof from '89.

And not bourbon.. but a bottle of Kilbeggan 15 for my brother.. for $50. Screaming deal.

Not sure if this a good pick or not but I went with 1792 Ridgemont Reserves. It says Barrel Select on it and aged 8 years. I am looking forward to giving it a taste later on tonight.

Picked up two new Party Source-selected barrels: an EC12 and a Bernheim Wheat.

2 handles of l'ville WSR from '93... $20 each!

2 375s of the same

750 of OT 6 yr 86 proof from '89.

And not bourbon.. but a bottle of Kilbeggan 15 for my brother.. for $50. Screaming deal.

Nice work Jake...I've put in some work of late but I'll wait until I get it all home to post what I found! :)

You looking to part with one of those handles? ;)

You looking to part with one of those handles? ;)

Easy there Bob, Jake does want to fish and crab this summer.:cool:

Picked up a bottle of Tullamore Dew for the wife and a 1792 for me.

(6) VWFRR

(1) PVW 15

(1) PVW 20

(2) ER101 NO

(8) WSR Louisville 375ml

(7) WTRB 375ml mix of 91/96/97

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!