What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Summer 2011

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stumbled onto a few of my all time favorites. :grin:

Wow. At least you didn't trip and fall.

Now that's some fine Rye there Mr.

Nice find Christian...that one will be a hard one to top! ;)

Gadzooks! :bigeyes:

Good Lord MAN!!!!! Please tell me that wasn't found within the state.

Makes me want to cry. After working 85 hours since last Saturday, I could use a happy find like that. Hell, I'd be happy with half that haul.

But, seriously, very nice............

B

WOW, that is sick. Please tell me those were found in a store(s) so there is still some hope out there for the rest of us.

Picked up a lonely VSOF BHC bottle.

I'm sure you'll gladly keep it company.

I'm sure you'll gladly keep it company.

That, I will gladly do.:grin:

It's pretty tasty stuff and it blows the new HH VSOF away.

Picked up two EWSB 2000. Last ones around in town that i've seen recently. It's good to give the lonely a happy home.

B

3x 375 Fighting Cock 7/103 with faux strips, '84 I think

JPR17 batch 3

OCPR with sloped neck

Added a few Baby Saz to the bunker as I suspect these will be tough to find in the near future.....

Added a few Baby Saz to the bunker as I suspect these will be tough to find in the near future.....

As if you need to add another bottle...:) I have to say that I wasn't a fan of Baby Saz neat but I had some yesterday mixed with Ginger Ale and it was really nice!

After taking a break from bourbon purchasing due to beer buying becoming more and more expensive I decided to drive down to NH today and pick up either a bottle of George T. Stagg or Thomas H. Handy that I had seen awhile back the last time I stopped on my way through. Three stores later and no luck. Feeling bummed I just picked up a 1.75 of Evan Williams Black, a Rare Breed, and a bottle of Old Overholt since it was on sale and my only bottle of Baby Saz is looking low.

Really wishing I could have come home with one of my original intended purchases... selection just seemed to have gone down since I was last in.

Anything to add to your suspicions?

We get like 1 allocation a year here in Ohio. I have been out for awhile, as has the state, and the few times I have been out of state I keep passing on Baby Saz for other, more hard to find items.

I do need a case though to add to the bunker.

Ended up in Cincinnati and had a good time at the Party Source.

OWA x 2

Weller SR x 2

AAA 10 Year

VOB BIB

WTRye

Old Overholt

And Basil Hayden's for a friend, it's his favorite.

I had a very successful haul today. Had to visit 25 or so stores to find all these but worth the effort!

3x VSOF12

WTKS - pewter top bottled 2001

Rock Hill Farms - old style bottle with the gold chain (it actually says BiB on the bottle)

WLW 2008

Rowan's Creek

Pure Kentucky XO (love the bottle, had to try it!)

Weller Centennial (Frankfort)

Weller 12 (previous label style)

and just for fun a Dalmore Cigar Malt since I heard it's no longer produced and highly sought after (I know of a few left if anyone needs a hint)

Almost forgot, nabbed a 2nd OCPR with the sloped shoulder today :grin:

I don't feel so bad after looking at all the purchases here.

Just two bottles of Saz 18 (Fall 2010) for me.

And Basil Hayden's for a friend, it's his favorite.

If he was really a friend you'd show him the error of his ways.:grin:

As if you need to add another bottle...

......talk about the pot calling the kettle black.....:lol:

Picked up a bottle of 1792 Ridgemont Reserve this weekend up in the Land of Beer and Cheese. First bourbon purchase in a month. Budgeting sucks!

If he was really a friend you'd show him the error of his ways.:grin:

I've told him to buy OGD BIB, throw in some water and save some money. Some people are blinded by cool looking bottles :lol:

Found a 2010 PHC 124.2 for $48.99...how can this be? It sells for $68-$79 in Chicago. I was happy to add another to the bunker for that price. :)

Good call. I went to Liquor Barn, Party Mart, and a few other stores here in Louisville looking for a bottle. All I found was empty spots on the shelves were Baby Saz used to be. Needless to say I freaked out and started to call around until I found a few.

I do agree with Bob, though. Baby Saz is at it's best with Ginger Ale. Pack a glass full of ice, pour a healthy amount of rye and just a splash of Ginger Ale. It's my summer cocktail of choice. Even the slightest amount of Ginger Ale really brings out flavors in the Saz.

Found a 2010 PHC 124.2 for $48.99...how can this be? It sells for $68-$79 in Chicago. I was happy to add another to the bunker for that price. :)

now thats a deal !!!!! :grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!