What Bourbon Are You Drinking? - Summer 2011

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Pouring some "home made Rye" - got some new make Rye (75% Rye & 25% corn) from Grand Traverse Distillery and aged it myself for 6+ months in a new, charred barrel - it's hot (125+ proof), but a little water tames it.

I drink it sparingly, as it's a true one of a kind! But it screams "Summer" to me!

Started with Gentleman Jack, and now a big pour of OGD 114. Simply excellent bourbon!

Eric

Power is out, trees are down but the storm is over....BT. 1792 and Rare Breed.

After a day of yard work I am enjoying pours of AAA 10 y/o. May finish the night with some Old Fitz BIB.

WTRB is the drink as of now. I brought the bottle to the couch with me.....I may be busy with this one for a while.

Had a nice evening with some OFBD 2010 followed by some EWSB. The wife poured the EW and asked me to guess what she picked. I was rather proud of myself to guess EWSB (even though I got the year wrong). :grin:

I just convinced my wife to take a sip of my WTRB. She has dubbed the "Sweet Fire". :slappin:

Glad to see Summer has arrived..... last pour of the evening was a Julio's 4R's Angels Share PS (OBSV 10.5YO) from a few years back. This is one of those sleeper whiskies that every time you revisit it you wonder why it has been so long. While 100PF it is big, rich and sweet....

After a day of yard work I am enjoying pours of AAA 10 y/o. May finish the night with some Old Fitz BIB.

In about one hour, will be headed to the shaded yard swing with a liter of AAA 10. I'll lift my glass to you. Monday, went to visit a friend at his place on the lake. Left my Old Fitz there. (Might be a great gesture on my part. But, right now, it is feeling more like a mistake.)

Keeping it simple but great with Old Forester BIB-DSP 414 (1981) and old label OGD 114. Thankful my electricity just came back after 30 hours without following a ferocious wind storm last night.

It's been a long night...

Several Weller 12's, Weller SR, PVW15, WT101, Jefferson's 15, OWA/W12 vatting.

After a night of comparing BT Weller 12 and Bernheim Weller 12 I'm finally resting on a DSP KY 16 Old Fitz BiB. This is the first real SW juice I've found out in the wild and I must declare it's absolutely amazing

flyfish

Enjoy that AAA 10 y/o it's one of my favorite value pours. To all members dealing with severe weather I hope things get back to normal soon. In my part of New Mexico we have not had any measurable precipitation since Sept. 2010. We are dealing with grass fires as I'm sure you've seen on the news.

I wish some of your rains would pay us a visit. We could use a nice steady 2 inch or more rainfall.

Tonight I am having several pours of Buffalo Trace.

on to a ETL private bottling for Goody Goody in DFW

vast improvement over the regular bottle I had a few months ago

Spent the early evening grilling steaks outside for family in 103 degree heat along with roasted corn on the cob. The food was great but it was way hot. Tonight I am enjoying some Four Roses Yellow Label in a tall glass filled with ice and ginger. It helps cool me down. Damn I wish we would get some rain. It's supposed to be over 105 the rest of the week.:rolleyes:

WRMC Seasoned Oak just isn't cutting it for me tonight.

There's always tomorrow.

ER101 NOLA, followed by RHF, followed by WT 12 Split Label. Each one seemed to compliment the last and, all in all, it was a pretty good night!

Four Roses PS OBSV.... just about 120PF but drinks like a 100... Jim does it again...

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!