What Bourbon Are You Drinking? - Summer 2011

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Whiskey night was last night. It was Bulleit Bourbon (not bad), Rittenhouse BIB , Springbank 10, and someone brought a bottle of Red Stag and made me taste it. :-S

RITT Bib. I'm getting green apple on this one, not as strong as I tasted it before.

Starting off with a WT 12 Split Label after a long day and an even longer week!

Started with a VW12 and then moved on to WTRB, OC12, VSOF, and now WTAS...

Many more to come for that the night is young.

WTRR Rye is next up in the quest to kill the partials.

I have a WT rye that I can't drink, but this is closer to my sweet spot. I guess two more years in the barrel is a good thing.

A short pour of the 4R 100th... interesting whiskey, decent but not a favorite from the 4R lineup.....

Tonight I am starting with some Old Charter 10 y/o and will probably hit the Old Fitz BIB before turning in.

Guest wripvanwrinkle

A few blind pours tonight...

First, an ORVW 10/101. This evening some leather and a chocolate dust encompanied it's usual caramally fruitiness.

Second, a KCSB. I love this dram. I didn't get the extreme dry finish that my memory uses to characterize it. I think that I have been quite unfair to it...

Third, an OGD 114. It has the most distinct finish of anything that I have ever tasted. Always makes me want to search the pantry for a box of Duncan Hines.

This stating the obvious, but one can purchase a lot of bourbon love for under $40 a bottle.

Sigh, I would be posting here to say I'm currently having some Willett 8yr TPS bottling...however the cap separated from the cork leaving me unable to remove the cork without a corkscrew. Which means I need an empty bottle to pour the rest into or a cork that fits the current bottle which I don't have so until then I am unable to have any of it.

Settling for some Willett 17yr but really wanted the 8yr as I was in the mood for a spicy rye but guess I'm switching over to wheaters. PHC10 next.

Went Old Charter 12/90, Michter's SB Rye, Weller 12, Old Charter BiB, now finishing with a Old Fitz BiB

A vatting of the last of a bottle of FC and some HH Old Style green label that turned out surprisingly good! It brought out a sweetness that wasn't present in either alone. Now, I'm going to nab another bottle of FC so I can lay that handle of HHOS to rest! :grin:

I had kind of a Willet evening yesterday. The 8 year I bought from Toddy’s, then 15 years from the KDB gift shop and the R&E 18 year wheat recipe. It was the first pour from the 15 and it seemed that it needs a lot of air to open up still. I am down almost to half on the 8, but it doesn’t impress much, even though it is better now compared to the beginning. The 18 years tasted best as expected.

Leif

While chatting last night I decided to take a ride on the Willett train...ended up spending most of my time in the Reid/Emerald 7yr car...hard to beat the complexity of this bourbon...IMO it doesn't get much better! :cool:

I had kind of a Willet evening yesterday. The 8 year I bought from Toddy’s, then 15 years from the KDB gift shop and the R&E 18 year wheat recipe. It was the first pour from the 15 and it seemed that it needs a lot of air to open up still. I am down almost to half on the 8, but it doesn’t impress much, even though it is better now compared to the beginning. The 18 years tasted best as expected.

Leif

Leif... what was the barrel number on the 8YO from Toddy's?

Started last night with a Jim Beam White and Coke, followed by a Makers Mark neat, snd finished with a pour of Red Stag.

WT101, then Old Forester BIB DSP-KY-414.....will probably go with an Old Forest Signature next....this is one that I like but haven't poured in while. We'll see how it follows the DSP-414 (and goes with the cigar that I'm smoking).

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!