Your #1 fave 4R SB bottle?

humchan2k
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tough call, but I had an OBSO out the other night and I think it might be my 4R sweet spot.

Bought 2 bottles of it today.

• 1 month later...

I'm drinking some OBSQ from TPS right now. I've only had a few pours from this bottle so far. Drinking it tonight, I find a lot of rye spice in it, especially in the finish, but the unique floral, dark fruitiness of it is present everywhere, from the nose to the finish, although never the dominant flavor. The first time I had it, I drank OBSK the same night; that night, the rye spice of the OBSQ bottle seemed very subdued and the floral flavors seemed more forward. OBSK, of course, was very spicy.

These are my first two 4R single barrel bottles, and I'm enjoying both. I'm very impressed by the differences between bourbons of identical mashbill with similar age and proof, all based on the yeast. I think that I would choose the OBSK as my favorite, were I forced. Luckily I'm not, and there are 8 more recipes to try.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.