C. E.H. Taylor Tornado Surviving, bottle in allocation?

autiger23
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Been trying to find a real number on the total # of bottles in this very limited bottling. I have seen some talk on here but I must have missed that in discussion.

I have a place here locally that has two more and I am trying to decide if I am going to go back up the road 30 min's and get them for the $85 incl. tax.

I have not tried my one bottle I just picked up Saturday yet, all the reviews I see are very positive...any more reviews are welcome. Thanks all!

Been trying to find a real number on the total # of bottles in this very limited bottling. I have seen some talk on here but I must have missed that in discussion.

According to this link it's about 8,500 bottles. 93 (53gallon) barrels at 64% angels share. Of course I don't know the exit proof so it may be a lot more bottles when brought down to 100 proof. I would assume the exit proof would be high due to all that evaporation. True? Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to find

Press release (caution - PDF)

Prices, anyone finding the $69 retail? I have only seen $79 around here including Nashville before tax.

Prices, anyone finding the $69 retail?

On-line wine-searcher shows 1 store (NJ) selling

at $65. and 4 stores (3 FL, 1 NJ) at $70.

Prices, anyone finding the $69 retail? I have only seen $79 around here including Nashville before tax.

I have seen it for retail locally, in Louisville. I have not been looking for it, but did notice a few bottles at some of the more specialty liquor stores.

I bought my two at $69 from two different stores. It appears the stock each had are both long gone now. I will be keeping an eye out for more. I opened first bottle on Saturday and really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those of you that have had the first release and now this one.....how do they compare?

If they're similar....I won't be securing any Tornado bottles anytime soon.

Those of you that have had the first release and now this one.....how do they compare?

If they're similar....I won't be securing any Tornado bottles anytime soon.

For my tastes, I preferred the first release to both the second and this one. I've only had one pass at the Tornado bottle, but based on my initial taste, I should have kept my money as I don't think this is a $60 bottle.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think $60 or $70 is a little high for a ~10 year old BiB, I don't care if it did sit out in the rain for a while:rolleyes:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think $60 or $70 is a little high for a ~10 year old BiB, I don't care if it did sit out in the rain for a while:rolleyes:

As for me, I never consider age as a considerable variable in determining how much I'll pay for a whiskey.

FWIW, the Taylor Tornado was worth every penny I payed for it. The 2nd release Taylor BIB, not so much.

As for me, I never consider age as a considerable variable in determining how much I'll pay for a whiskey.

FWIW, the Taylor Tornado was worth every penny I payed for it. The 2nd release Taylor BIB, not so much.

I also agree about it being worth it. To other maybe not, but there are other 60ish dolls lad whiskeys I have enjoyed much less

Broke it open tonight. Man definitely right up there with some of the Antique collection bourbons. I don't really like the $85 I paid but if I could have got it down to around $70 after tax I would feel a little better. Stuff if pretty damn good, I do get some of the citrus notes and I really have to agree on the well balanced reviews on this. Its taste a lot more powerful than the 100 proof listed.

Think I might just have to go back and get at least one of the two left on the shelf...hoping they are.

Picked up two bottles, one for me and one for a friend, can't wait to break one open. Maybe I will go over to my friend's house and let him open his up first! forgot to add: priced $69.99

What does this bottle look like? Any pics? I am hearing a lot of buzz, but have no idea what to look for.

There are a couple of posts above with a press release. I believe it was 9 or 11 year barrels. It was specified on the bottle which were which.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.