C. E.H. Taylor Tornado Surviving, bottle in allocation?

autiger23
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanks for the picture. Is there a particular age statement or is this just a good offering to try?

The barrels ranged in age from 9 years 8 months to 11 years 11 months. There is no age statement on the bottles other than "Bottled in Bond" which we know means 100 proof and 4 years minimum.

CA seems to be flush with this stuff. Went into a number of stores and saw a handful of bottles sitting on the shelves. Two Bevmo locations that I went to had 6.

Opened the "tornado" an hour ago.

After letting first pour sit for 30 minutes:

Spicey-rye nose.

Full-bodied, thick, spicey-sweetness on palate.

Long-lasting rye--taste of vanilla--finish.

Very impressive bourbon. Will have to get a couple more bottles of this 1 for the bunker.

Bill.

Prices, anyone finding the $69 retail? I have only seen $79 around here including Nashville before tax.

I've seen it at retail in both Louisville and Frankfort, KY...and there are still plenty of bottles left in town.

I haven't picked one up yet myself, but I'm a big fan of BT products. Maybe I should take the plunge...

I've seen it at retail in both Louisville and Frankfort, KY...and there are still plenty of bottles left in town.

I haven't picked one up yet myself, but I'm a big fan of BT products. Maybe I should take the plunge...

Picked up a bottle today. It is runnung 59.95 + tax in Columbia.

That seems to be a great price! Lowest I have seen is $67.

So is this offering worth the $67? I can get most of the BTAC 2011, at or very near this same price. Limited resources so I want to make the right call. Would love to hear more.

$59? Wow. Best I've gotten it for in Nashville is $70+tax and that's with case discount. (yes - I'm loading up on this one)

A local liquor store I visit is usually very reasonable on prices. This year they had all the BTAC, Pappy 15 and VWFRR, and this for under $60.

A local liquor store I visit is usually very reasonable on prices. This year they had all the BTAC, Pappy 15 and VWFRR, and this for under $60.

You are indeed a lucky guy! :toast:

+1 around here. picked up a couple bottles of tornado for<60. the only government operation i approve of. liquor control.

Just when I thought I was out... They pull me back in

But seriously I am going on a serious buying freeze

Seriously this time

I'll do it

Just when I thought I was out... They pull me back in

But seriously I am going on a serious buying freeze

Seriously this time

I'll do it

Not if you keep hanging out with us. You may be able to calm the devil whispering in your ear that is SB.com but the first time you go to a GBS meeting at Joe's house it's all over.

Not if you keep hanging out with us. You may be able to calm the devil whispering in your ear that is SB.com but the first time you go to a GBS meeting at Joe's house it's all over.

So far my brief association with this site has cost me many thousands :hot: And all i have to show for it is a hundred or so bourbon bottles :shithappens: I came here for enlightenment dammit! :smiley_acbt: Serenity now

He speaks the truth! The GBS meetings are an eye opening experience.

He speaks the truth! The GBS meetings are an eye opening experience.

:lol: We're gonna askeer ever'body away!!

But, along the lines of eye openers...If anyone is lamenting the passing of Eagle Rare 10 yr 101, you have it's clone. At least, the Frankfort ER iteration. Just did a side by side of the Tornado and the ER 10 101, and aside from some slightly more roundness in the ER, and a little more brashness in the Tornado, these whiskies taste almost identical to me. A very, very, good thing!

Sometimes I must go too fast for my own good. I had been trying to pick up any remaining bottles of this I saw and I didn't realize there are bottles that are almost identical but don't say "Tornado Surviving". Today I was back in the store where I bought my first one and saw that they miraculously had more after being sold out. I talked with the manager who pointed out the distinction. I hurried back home to see what I had accumulated, and luckily all but one bottle were the Tornado Surviving version. So I must be stupid, but lucky.

Anyway, here is my question: what is the non-Tornado surviving? Still limited production? Price seems to be the same. How's the taste compare? I'm still new to all this, so apologies if this is a stupid question!

Thanks!

Anyway, here is my question: what is the non-Tornado surviving? Still limited production? Price seems to be the same. How's the taste compare? I'm still new to all this, so apologies if this is a stupid question!

Thanks!

Yes. The previous releases were limited. A sour mash and a SB BIB . The search function is your friend. Sounds like you have 2 of the releases, try them and do your own comparisons :rolleyes:

Picked up a bottle today. It is runnung 59.95 + tax in Columbia.

I picked one up for the same price. Drinking it now very nice.

I was very surprised to see a few bottles of this still available in Northern Kentucky this evening. I was heading home from volunteering to help clean up the tornado damage and popped into a couple of local stores. Much to my delight they had tornado survival CEHT. I already have a number of these stashed in the bunker, but I picked up 1 bottle as a sentamental momento for $69. Drinking some now and it couldn't taste better!

I've seen more than a few bottles of the single barrel pop up at a couple places in NKY recently. Kind of strange; I guess a distributor was holding some back for some reason. I know the SB isn't as sought after as the current realease stuff, but if you're in the market for it, let me know, and maybe I can direct you in the right direction.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.