What wine are you drinking? Spring 2012

Clavius
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Drinking 2008 Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) Cabernet Sauvignon Los Vascos Reserve. Just opened it up and in my limited wine vocabulary I would describe it as "green" with some tartness. Going to let it sit for awhile and see how it changes...

Drinking 2008 Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) Cabernet Sauvignon Los Vascos Reserve. Just opened it up and in my limited wine vocabulary I would describe it as "green" with some tartness. Going to let it sit for awhile and see how it changes...

Not a fan of green wines. Some Chinon drinkers call it complexity, I call it under ripe!

Not a fan of green wines. Some Chinon drinkers call it complexity, I call it under ripe!

It has opened up a bit and become more integrated (?) and more mellow. I like it now.

2008 Man O' War Merlot Cab-Franc Malbec blend from Waiheke Island New Zealand. I really like this wine!

Tonight it's the 2010 Man O' War Sauvignon Blanc from Waiheke Island in New Zealand. And once again, I really like this wine/winery! Just a very refreshing SB with lots of lime and citrus notes.

Today, I had:

NV Krug

06 Bond Melbury

06 Bond Vecina

06 Bond Quella

06 Bond St Eden

06 Bond Pluribus

09 Promontory Cab

10 Promontory Cab

09 Dagueneau Blanc Fume de Pouilly

03 Ch Leoville Poyferre

10 Darioush Sauv Blanc

05 Darioush Cab

06 Darioush Cab

08 Darioush Cab

06 Darius II Cab

06 Bond Melbury

06 Bond Vecina

06 Bond Quella

06 Bond St Eden

06 Bond Pluribus

Wow. That is some nice, decadent, pours ... even before you get to the rest of your list!

Today, I had:

NV Krug

06 Bond Melbury

06 Bond Vecina

06 Bond Quella

06 Bond St Eden

06 Bond Pluribus

09 Promontory Cab

10 Promontory Cab

09 Dagueneau Blanc Fume de Pouilly

03 Ch Leoville Poyferre

10 Darioush Sauv Blanc

05 Darioush Cab

06 Darioush Cab

08 Darioush Cab

06 Darius II Cab

What did you think of the Bonds? They've always disappointed me.

2006 Rivers Marie Occidental Ridge PN last night on the patio with filet mignon, pan fried corn and fresh artichokes from the garden.

The RM was drinking very nice. Big and rich but with some air it softened. Drinking great and went well with dinner. Perfect balance of ripe fruit, earth and acidity.

Southbound, will be in Macon tomorrow. Stopped at Country Boy Brewing in Lexington for a stretch of the legs and a pint of Fulcan-A IPA. Georgia here we come!

Sorry, I fat-fingered my phone trying to select beer thread, can't seem to delete post from phone.

What did you think of the Bonds? They've always disappointed me.

These were pretty solid. I've not had a ton, tried a few 01/02 St Eden and Vecina before and really liked those. Their new project, Promontory, is going to be a nice one.

Dinner at the in laws again. Polished off a bottle of 09 Lapierre Morgon and a bottle of 85 Beringer Private Reserve Cab. The Lapierre was grumpy at first but woke up with about an hour of air. Still too big for my tastes, I will give it more time in the cellar. The Beringer was singing, fantastic bottle, at peak and drinking beautifully.

Then we dipped into some bourbon, still a bit fuzzy after last night.

Any of you guys ever had Chateau de Pez red Bordeaux? I have a copy of The Wine Bible by Karen MacNeil and she recommended it as a good, cheaper red Bordeaux. I found the 2007 vintage at a store here and it runs about $55...

Any of you guys ever had Chateau de Pez red Bordeaux? I have a copy of The Wine Bible by Karen MacNeil and she recommended it as a good, cheaper red Bordeaux. I found the 2007 vintage at a store here and it runs about $55...

It is serviceable in a good vintage, usually don't venture too far off the beaten path in off-vintages unless I've had a sample ...

It is serviceable in a good vintage, usually don't venture too far off the beaten path in off-vintages unless I've had a sample ...

Was '07 a good vintage for Bordeaux in general?

1988 Silver Oak Napa Cab and 1988 Vichon Napa Cab with burgers last night. The Vichon seemed to be in better shape than the SO but both were enjoyable.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.