What are you cookin on the smoker?

cigarnv

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Thanks to Dave B, I friggin’ had an absolute blast playing with this new toy, today.  Got it for Father’s Day , and my first try out, today. Nerved out trying to get the right temp, make the cooking adjustments, and just make the pizza as well as possible.  I have some adjustments to make for next time, but damn tasty.  And,the fun is worth the price of admission.  

009C0B43-9357-4C35-BB62-13B4F315F9CE.jpeg

AE71F3FE-7527-45BD-BD4D-3AA7CA6C9FFC.jpeg

47FA9F77-DF35-45E7-A189-B5BCC9CC0913.jpeg

Very nice. I’ve got the Traeger running daily this weekend.  Burgers yesterday. Brats and dogs today.  The salmon is resting for smoking tomorrow.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, BigRich said:

Very nice. I’ve got the Traeger running daily this weekend.  Burgers yesterday. Brats and dogs today.  The salmon is resting for smoking tomorrow.

You’re pretty much covering all the meats.  Just need a fowl for the Carnivore Grand Slam!  🤣

19 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Thanks to Dave B, I friggin’ had an absolute blast playing with this new toy, today.  Got it for Father’s Day , and my first try out, today. Nerved out trying to get the right temp, make the cooking adjustments, and just make the pizza as well as possible.  I have some adjustments to make for next time, but damn tasty.  And,the fun is worth the price of admission.  

009C0B43-9357-4C35-BB62-13B4F315F9CE.jpeg

AE71F3FE-7527-45BD-BD4D-3AA7CA6C9FFC.jpeg

47FA9F77-DF35-45E7-A189-B5BCC9CC0913.jpeg

Haha YES!!!

So pleased to hear you got one. That pizza looks absolutely amazing, bravo!

:D

On 7/3/2021 at 2:22 PM, Clueby said:

Ribs and pork steaks went on this morning. First couple pork steaks were already consumed for lunch with some Shocktop. Another couple pork steaks are on now with the ribs. I need @BottledInBond's smoker/tank so I could do it all at ince.

Also smoking some cream cheese bricks in bbq rub and corn on the cob went in the firebox. Ribs have about another hour wrapped and then last hour unwrapped (3, 2, 1 method).

20210703_093948.jpg

20210702_201008.jpg

The smoked cheese was really good. The pork steaks were melt in your mouth good. The ribs...not so much. 😪

They had good flavor but were really dry...even after steaming wrapped up with some beer and butter. I'm going to cut them in to individual ribs and put them in the crock pot with some sauce and see if they can be saved.

20210703_171926.jpg

On 7/5/2021 at 9:19 AM, smokinjoe said:

You’re pretty much covering all the meats.  Just need a fowl for the Carnivore Grand Slam!  🤣

Chicken is Friday.  I'm still trying to decide what to make for you derelicts on Saturday.  

55 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Chicken is Friday.  I'm still trying to decide what to make for you derelicts on Saturday.  

Grilled/smoked peanut butter and banana sandwiches? 😂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, BigRich said:

Well - with refined palates such as ours - you could just hid the KFC bucket and we wouldn't notice (ok  - Bruce might wonder how you got the Traeger to deep fry something, but the rest of us would be "Dude - don't question genius!!" :lol:)  

6 hours ago, BigRich said:

I want a hamburger.  No, a cheeseburger.  I want a hotdog. I want a milkshake.  I want potato chips...  🤪

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

I want a hamburger.  No, a cheeseburger.  I want a hotdog. I want a milkshake.  I want potato chips...  🤪

You'll get nothing and like it!

On 7/7/2021 at 12:04 AM, Clueby said:

You'll get nothing and like it!

Thank you, Clueby.  If no one here would have hit that, I would have renounced my membership in SB and joined the monastery... 🤪

Edited by smokinjoe

Just setting this up. Chicken wings and sweet corn with apple wood.

20210711_152527.jpg

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been a slow Summer so far.  I have only put about 100 pounds of pellets through my smoker.  Earlier this  year I did some ribs and a pork butt for July 4.  Both were really good and I have my process now down to the point that I can reproduce each batch.  Still working my brisket process.  Did  a 9 pounder last weekend.  Used a commercial mesquite  rub.  Set my Camp Chef to high smoke (220 F) and fourteen hours later, it was at 205 F.  Turned out perfect.  Burnt ends were great.  Hope everyone is having a great Summer.  Keep those grills hot.IMG_1612.thumb.jpeg.4e4e33ea787e1b3e752cf09601a6bae1.jpeg

IMG_1613.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 8/5/2021 at 10:56 AM, StarSurfer55 said:

Been a slow Summer so far.  I have only put about 100 pounds of pellets through my smoker.  Earlier this  year I did some ribs and a pork butt for July 4.  Both were really good and I have my process now down to the point that I can reproduce each batch.  Still working my brisket process.  Did  a 9 pounder last weekend.  Used a commercial mesquite  rub.  Set my Camp Chef to high smoke (220 F) and fourteen hours later, it was at 205 F.  Turned out perfect.  Burnt ends were great.  Hope everyone is having a great Summer.  Keep those grills hot.IMG_1612.thumb.jpeg.4e4e33ea787e1b3e752cf09601a6bae1.jpeg

IMG_1613.jpeg

Looks fantastic! 

I’m right there with you in needing to perfect Brisket

• 3 weeks later...

Ribs and pork steaks on the smoker today. I also "smoked" a couple spaghetti squash. Actually turned out well. I used lump charcoal and hickory chunks today. The lump makes a much more consistent temp but seems to burn a little cooler than briquettes.  I need to get one of the new gravity fed charcoal smokers. Stick-fed is a lot of freaking work. Looking at the Char-Griller.20210829_113956.thumb.jpg.111553006e225d961ef22c07a36fc52a.jpg

20210829_190428.jpg

• I like it 2

So I will do some another Brisket for Labor Day Weekend along with some Bratwurst on Labor Day itself.  Now that I have my brisket process down, I am playing with rubs.  Typically beef is simple usually only pepper and salt but I have discovered the Fire and Smoke Society (check out their website) sold through Walmart.  I am going to try their Black and Tan rub on  this brisket as it looks like it would work well.   I need to order some more hickory and pecan pellets before then as I am running low at the RV site.

• I like it 2

Venison pastrami.  And so it begins.  Never done this before but it looks and smells good so far.

IMG_8217.thumb.jpg.b711c03e4c596921bd73dfe2de167635.jpg

• I like it 4

7 hours ago, scratchline said:

Venison pastrami.  And so it begins.  Never done this before but it looks and smells good so far.

IMG_8217.thumb.jpg.b711c03e4c596921bd73dfe2de167635.jpg

Looks like it will be delicious!