What Bourbon Did You Purchase today? - Summer 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Right, except at the time this was bottled, I believe the bourbons were sourced from different distilleries owned by Seagram, each using its own yeast and mashbill. Today, the components of Yellow Label are made in the one house in Lawrenceburg, having been collected so to speak as distilleries in the group closed and were consolidated.

It would be interesting to compare the taste to Yellow Label and also to Small Batch. The colour and age suggest a possibly closer relationship to the latter. And as always, which is better...?

Gary

Edited by Gillman

Ending up passing on (for now) FR 2008 Mariage, and opted for a FR 1B 2009 LE. Thanks for the heads up, atfree!

Found a couple EC18's selected by Kenwood Liquors barreled on 1/29/92 for $43ea...I couldn't pass those up! ;)

Nice snag... I don't think I have any 92s left. Save me a taste.

Not bourbon but I ran into 3 bottles of WTR 101 for $18.99 so I decided to add to my stock.

Found a couple EC18's selected by Kenwood Liquors barreled on 1/29/92 for $43ea...I couldn't pass those up! ;)
Nice snag... I don't think I have any 92s left. Save me a taste.

Hey Rod,...that's THE bottle.

We gotta wrestle it away from him.

In the meantime keep looking for the 1-31-92

Not bourbon but I ran into 3 bottles of WTR 101 for $18.99 so I decided to add to my stock.

Those are hard to pass up at that price!

Went with something different today. Instead of my typical BT or BT related product I went with Four Roses Small Batch. Looking forward to revisiting it.

Ending up passing on (for now) FR 2008 Mariage, and opted for a FR 1B 2009 LE. Thanks for the heads up, atfree!

You're welcome! Let me know how you like it when you open it up, as I have not had that one yet. It's hard for me to pass up any FR LE bottles when I see them, so hopefully I didn't make a huge mistake leaving these behind.

Go back and talk to the owner. Shot the bull with him for a good 15 minutes this morning. Guarantee he'll hold it for you.

I hadn't ever purchased any ER17 before, but found a couple of '07's today for $49.99 each and decided it was time

Gary

I hadn't ever purchased any ER17 before, but found a couple of '07's today for $49.99 each and decided it was time

Gary

Id be a buyer at that price too, a bit tougher around here when they are closer to $80

5x JPS18 Going to give them as groomsman gifts for my wedding in 2 weeks. To personalize it i'm going to pair each bottle with what I used to drink with that groomsman. My bro gets a 1/2 gallon of milk, high school friend get Malibu rum (seriously the only thing he would drink), college roomie gets vodka, other college roomie gets a 6 pack of PBR, most recent friend gets a craft beer - lucky him!

EC 12. I'm always bitchin' about the Alcohol Control Gods in OH. Truth is, that has more to do with restricted selection than price. The EC 12 was only $22.15, tax included. And as for selection, I arranged to split a case of Ritt BIB with a good friend, pending a trip to Chicago.

JPS 18 Batch 25 and 4RSBLE 2012

Please post a TN when you open the 4R. I'm really enjoying this one, curious what others experiences are.

I didn't buy it per se but a bottle of 4r 2012 LE Single Barrel showed up at my door.

My brother from Kentucky visited me recently. I was really hoping he could jump off I-65 and make a quick run to the Four Roses Gift Shop for me when he came up. But he drove to Michigan on the 4th of July and the gift shop is closed that day. F*** my luck.

He did stop by his lls the day before. He got me a Knob Creek Single Barrel, Four Roses Single Barrel and a Four Roses 2011 Small Batch LE. That should tide me over until the next time he pays me a visit.

My brother from Kentucky visited me recently. I was really hoping he could jump off I-65 and make a quick run to the Four Roses Gift Shop for me when he came up. But he drove to Michigan on the 4th of July and the gift shop is closed that day. F*** my luck.

He did stop by his lls the day before. He got me a Knob Creek Single Barrel, Four Roses Single Barrel and a Four Roses 2011 Small Batch LE. That should tide me over until the next time he pays me a visit.

That's a good brother!

High West Bourye!

I also ordered a bunch of bottles that I can't get in NOLA, or ones that are just cheaper on the net. Martin Miller's Gin, Corrido Tequila, Arbeg Uigeadail, and a Macallan 18!

Found a lone bottle of CEHT Tornado hanging out with a stack of CEHT SB bottles. Grabbed the lone tornado bottle, $62 is the lowest tornado price I've seen in CA by about $13

Somehow these bottles jumped in the car with us on the way back from a family vacation.

post-5593-1448981806196_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.