What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Fall 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Found some dusty bottles, thanks to a tip from a fellow SBer

2x ND OGD

2x ND Old Taylor 6 Year

2x UD Old Charter 7 Year

I picked up two boxes from the local fedex office today, one from a fellow SB'er (is that what we call our selves?) who I will be forever indebted too and one from an out of state liquor store. The haul included:

PVW 20yr

VWFRR

Angel's Envy Cask Strength

Woodford 4 wood

Smooth Ambler Yearling

Old Forester Birthday 2012

A great start to the holiday season.

I was able to nab all 5 BTAC plus some extra GTS's, etc. AM now officially burnt out on buying.

(for this year anyway)

In a small town in the U.K. For the holidays...just paid $71 for a 750ml bottle of makers...needed some bourbon in the room and that was all they had. Tried 3 stores before finding this...suddenly everything in Chicago is cheap

In a small town in the U.K. For the holidays...just paid $71 for a 750ml bottle of makers...needed some bourbon in the room and that was all they had. Tried 3 stores before finding this...suddenly everything in Chicago is cheap

Goodness, makes the $140 PVW 15 I passed on in Tuscany look like one hell of a bargain. I feel your pain, I paid $45 or so for an EC12 from the same shop because I really needed some bourbon!

It's been a good 24 hours. Big shout out to a fellow SBer for the OWA & 4R

1L & 750ml of OWA 7/107

4R 100th Anniversary 17yr OBSV

2 x BMH 18yr Rye Green Wax

7EB84128-9F2C-4842-9D32-DF8F52C3F79C-521-000000333C15BB93.jpg

That is a mighty nice looking haul Tico. Thinking about picking up a 2012 Four Roses Single Barrel as a Christmas present to myself... Maybe tomorrow...

2012 4R SmB LE & ORVW 10/107. The Old Rip was a reasonable price and the 4R is another attempt to "get" 4R. I've struggled with enjoying 4R in the past, but the combination of an ever-evolving palate and the rave reviews of the 12 SmB LE, I said what the heck.

My wife got me a surprise early Christmas present --- Four Roses Small Batch. My first FR product!!

BUT.... she made me promise to wait till Christmas Eve to open it. Bah Humbug!!

My wife got me a surprise early Christmas present --- Four Roses Small Batch. My first FR product!!

BUT.... she made me promise to wait till Christmas Eve to open it. Bah Humbug!!

That's okay as it's worth the wait. Enjoy!

The Fedex guy was nice enough to drop off 19 bottles of whiskey today.

Merry Christmas to me!

That should keep you busy until we go to the sampler in April! :D

My wife and I were out and about yesterday doing a little last minute Christmas shopping. On the way home, we stopped in at one of my local liquor stores just for the heck of it. This is one of a half a dozen stores near me that normally only has "the usual suspects", and whose pricing can be a little suspect at times. :skep: I stop in at these stores once or twice a year to see what they might have just in case. I was a bit shocked when I saw two bottles of Weller 12 on the shelf. They were in a spot labeled Old Weller Antique, and the price was marked at $24.99. I was really surprised when the guy at the counter confirmed that this was the correct price. Being the lover of Weller's that I am, I just had to buy them. :grin: It was kinda funny because my wife was almost as happy as I was. :cool:

FWIW, this store has occasionally had OWA on their shelves in the past, but not very often, and I've never seen Weller 12 there before. I guess it pays to keep stopping in at theses places. Cheers and Merry Christmas! Joe

Not Bourbon, but Bourbon Cream. Found it at one of the larger local retailers here in Atlanta. Not that I have been actively looking, but its the first I've seen it in Atlanta. Also, grabbed some St.George Absinte to make some Sazeracs at home.

Bought a bottle of Eagle Rare 17 2010 bottling the other day for $79.99. This store is notorious for jacking prices on hard to find bourbon up (Pappy and Jefferson), and for some reason they increased the price to $99.99 on their last bottle. They did have W.L. Weller on sale for $19.99 and had the wife pick me up one of those for x-mas.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!