What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Fall 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A little late but...

While cleaning out my car to sell it, I found a Buffalo Trace Single Oak that I purchased over a year ago.

A little late but...

While cleaning out my car to sell it, I found a Buffalo Trace Single Oak that I purchased over a year ago.

Wish I could find good bourbon when I clean out my car. :grin:

Picked up my first fifth of Weller 12 last weekend...and its almost gone already. It's definitely a step up, for me at least, from OWA 107 and Weller Special Reserve 7. Took that as a good sign and went out to buy my second (and definitely not last) Weller 12.

That's a bummer... weird how price can fluctuate so much from state to state. It's $19.99 here, but the stores do not stock it very well at all, goes almost as quickly as the Rip Van Winkle line.

I have to pay $19.99 for Weller 107!. And that's the best price I've found, most places it's $21.99 to $23.99. I have yet to see any of the Winkle line anywhere in the state, it's lotto/drawing for every store, and a bottle never gets put on the shelves.

~SW

Wish I could find good bourbon when I clean out my car. :grin:

Seriously. Go buy a lotto ticket wripvanwrinkle, you are on a hot streak.

~SW

I picked up a couple bottles of 2001 EWSB dirt friggin' cheap. The store is discontinuing it so they had it marked down to $9.99 No I didn't forget the one in front of the nine.

I picked up a couple bottles of 2001 EWSB dirt friggin' cheap. The store is discontinuing it so they had it marked down to $9.99 No I didn't forget the one in front of the nine.

The funny thing is, it wasn't even on the shelf. The lady that works there told me she had a ten dollar bourbon. At first I thought she was going to try and sell me some Ten High or something similar. I thought, I know you know I like bourbon but I like staying on the middle or upper-middle shelf. I was floored when she whipped out a bottle of EWSB. I said I'll take two, please

I guess she didn't put them on the shelf figuring they wouldn't move at that price point, figuring most folks would mistake price for quality. Said she's had then for a couple months, now. Or perhaps they were on the shelf for a long time and didn't move. It's kind of sad; the ignorance of the average consumer.

WT 101 (a mistake as it turns out), a bottle of Rare Breed and a Kentucky Spirit as a gift for a friend. That sorts me out with WT for a while but the 101 is a patch on its former self. Disappointing!

I was at Roof Brothers in Paducah and picked up one of their private selection Elmer T. Lee bourbons, and a 2009 Thomas H Handy rye (129.0 proof).

Rye heavy today. I picked up a bottle of HW Rendezvous that had been specially bottled for a local pub. The Rendezvous had been aged for an additional 29 months in unidentified second fill bourbon barrels and then bottled at 100 proof rather than the usual 92 proof. Non chill filtered as is the case with other bottlings. I would guess this version is out there for others to use as a special bottling as I would doubt it is exclusive to the local pub here but this was the first I had heard of it.

Also picked up some bottles of Leopold Bros. Maryland Rye which the local distributor had kindly worked with me to bring into town. Once the BIB version is ready to go in a few years then hopefully I can encourage the distributor to bring that in as well. I've ben curious about this one for awhile so I look forward to giving it a try (and hope I am not disappointed given all the self created expectations I have managed to pile on it!).

Rye heavy today. I picked up a bottle of HW Rendezvous that had been specially bottled for a local pub. The Rendezvous had been aged for an additional 29 months in unidentified second fill bourbon barrels and then bottled at 100 proof rather than the usual 92 proof. Non chill filtered as is the case with other bottlings. I would guess this version is out there for others to use as a special bottling as I would doubt it is exclusive to the local pub here but this was the first I had heard of it

I'm picking up the same on the way home tonight. Should be interesting. I thought I recognized those shelves from your other post about the St. George 30th.

Rye heavy today. I picked up a bottle of HW Rendezvous that had been specially bottled for a local pub. The Rendezvous had been aged for an additional 29 months in unidentified second fill bourbon barrels and then bottled at 100 proof rather than the usual 92 proof. Non chill filtered as is the case with other bottlings

Wow, that sounds like it is going to be an incredibly good bottle of rye!!!

WTKS and EWSB for $46 total couldn't pass them up.Thanks to the tip from another member I got a couple of great buys,just in time for the holidays.

Wait a minute, isn't this HW Rendezvous the brand that touts the fact that it's a six year old rye blended with a 16 year old rye selected for the latter's "rich aromatic qualities"? Well, if that combo is so good why does it need additional 29 months in a barrel?

Edited by squire

Can't say that Rendezvous needs anything IMO, but I'd certainly be interested in trying this bottling.

Rendezvous doesn't need anything as it is delicious as is, but the higher proof and a bit more age probably only enhances the already spectacular profile.

4 bottles of Old Forester 75th Anniversary of the Repeal of Prohibition (375ml bottles) - I found a discount bin with a bunch of these for $8.99

Old Grand-Dad BiB

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!