What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night, had a few pints of Yellow Springs Brewing Dry Irish Stout from a recently opened local brewer. One of the better new brewer first releases that I've had. Well done, dry and roasty with enough body to have a solid mouthfeel without being heavy.

Tradition dictates Mrssmokinjoe and I head out for lunch on the opening Thursday of the NCAA tourney. So sitting here watching NCAA's and working my first Mother Earth Dk Cloud Dunkle. Mich ST and Valpo tied 8-8. Love this opening weekend!

Played a gig with my new band in Düsseldorf and had a few "Gatz" Altbier, which was a good choice. Rock and rollin and drinking beers! ;)

First ever go at a Pretty Things Beer and Ale Project, Our Finest Regards, Barleywine Style Ale. Lord, that's a mouthful. Way more malt forward than most barleywines I usually get, and quite boozy. Supposedly more traditional than most American versions? Either way, it's quite good and something I could certainly get used to.

First ever go at a Pretty Things Beer and Ale Project, Our Finest Regards, Barleywine Style Ale. Lord, that's a mouthful. Way more malt forward than most barleywines I usually get, and quite boozy. Supposedly more traditional than most American versions? Either way, it's quite good and something I could certainly get used to.

Pretty things is something we are looking to add.

I can highly recommend Prairie Artisan Ales. I am drinking a prairie ale and can highly recommend the prairie hop ale. Excellent Farmhouse style ales.

Tomorrow, I will have Cigar City Hunaphu sitting on my doorstep, and tomorrow evening in ma belly.

Last night an Alchemy Double IPA. Not as good as Hopslam or Double Trouble but still a worthy brew.

Having a small sip of Green Flash Palate Wrecker from a keg we just tapped. It is very good but I am more of a midwest imperial ipa fan. I need some malt to balance out those wonderful hops.

My brother turned me on to Left Hand Brewing a while back. Had their Fade to Black last night and rather enjoyed it. Their Black Jack Porter is still my favorite. Followed that with a Rocky's Revenge Bourbon Brown after hawking that in another thread.

My brother turned me on to Left Hand Brewing a while back. Had their Fade to Black last night and rather enjoyed it. Their Black Jack Porter is still my favorite. Followed that with a Rocky's Revenge Bourbon Brown after hawking that in another thread.

Good brother. Lots of great beer coming from Left Hand.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!