So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

Enjoying an AF Hemingway Signature right now. I think I like the Hemingways in this size the best so far.

post-10035-14489820682429_thumb.jpg

post-10035-14489820682429_thumb.jpg

Edited by hn4bourbon

Beautiful day in the bluegrass, so I'm hanging out on the veranda this evening enjoying a RP Sumatra, that somehow managed to survive this endless winter. Enjoying this smoke, I am....

Smoking an AF Anejo No. 77 with some Jim Beam Signature Craft finished with Spanish Brandy. I'll have to see how this pairing works. Might switch to something else to drink after this pour.

post-10035-14489820683567_thumb.jpg

Smoking an AF Anejo No. 77 with some Jim Beam Signature Craft finished with Spanish Brandy. I'll have to see how this pairing works. Might switch to something else to drink after this pour.

[ATTACH]18089[/ATTACH]

Pairing didn't work so well:( I kept the last two pours out of this bottle for this cigar but it brought out the earthiness of the cigar more than anything else. I went to the fridge and brought out a can of mugs rootbeer and it worked out extremely well with this cigar. This rootbeer amplified all the good flavors of this cigar.

Pairing didn't work so well:( I kept the last two pours out of this bottle for this cigar but it brought out the earthiness of the cigar more than anything else. I went to the fridge and brought out a can of mugs rootbeer and it worked out extremely well with this cigar. This rootbeer amplified all the good flavors of this cigar.

Ya know, I also struggle to pair anything with the Anejos. Not sure what it is about them. HUGE flavors that seem to clash with most anything. Very rich/sweet bourbons don't work. Totally agree with the earthiness of the Anejo coming out when paired with bourbon. Almost just have to enjoy the cigar with a glass of ice water and drink something afterward.

Just had a pre-work Rocky Patel Royale robusto. Liking that the nicer weather seems to be taking hold affording more opportunities to indulge. :grin:

Last night I had an 04 Cohiba Sublime. Trying to stretch out the box I bought back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know, I also struggle to pair anything with the Anejos. Not sure what it is about them. HUGE flavors that seem to clash with most anything. Very rich/sweet bourbons don't work. Totally agree with the earthiness of the Anejo coming out when paired with bourbon. Almost just have to enjoy the cigar with a glass of ice water and drink something afterward.

Tat Fuasto and some Old Scout 7 year.

This Tat is about the fullest bodied cigar on the market for my tastes.

Thanks for sharing:) good to know you experienced similar. I smoked the first half of that shark without having or wanting to sip on anything because it was just sooo good. So much sweetness and flavors from the draw to the finish.

That root beer really worked out great tho. Try that the next time you smoke an anejo. I have tried root beer with other cigars and have not worked 90% of the time because the root beer totally overpowers most cigars but it really complemented and intensified the great flavors that the anejo had.

Thanks, I'll try that! The Anejo is one of my favorite cigars, too, but when I smoke them I find that I stop sipping

on whatever I'm drinking.

Another nice day, another pre-work smoke. Cusano 18 Double Connecticut robusto.

Having an El Triunfador brown label Lancero.

[ATTACH]18097[/ATTACH]

I really like the brown label El Triunfador 'Originals'! Not that the red label isn't good.

I really like the brown label El Triunfador 'Originals'! Not that the red label isn't good.

Atlantic Cigar has two 5-packs and a box left in stock...

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

[ATTACH]18089[/ATTACH]

Sorry the pairing didn't work out so well, but how is the Signature Craft? I just saw a bottle the other day...

I liked it enough to finish the bottle in a very short amount of time:) i don't know if I'll rush out to buy another bottle but I think for the price it's worth experiencing it.