Seattle and Washington Area Thread

dementedavenger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I saw more ECBP 134.2-proof on the shelf yesterday. It's ~$60 after taxes. PM me if you need to know.

Sorry, meant the 133.2-proof, the 3rd batch.

• 2 weeks later...
Green Spot has landed in the Seattle area - just in time for March!

Green Spot? What am I missing?

Green Spot? What am I missing?

Check the Irish whiskey thread over in the foreign whiskey section. This bottle is getting some love over there.

Check the Irish whiskey thread over in the foreign whiskey section. This bottle is getting some love over there.

Irish Whiskey!? My lord, what will they think of next.

The big question for us is when does the Old Blowhard and Barterhouse hit town, lol.

Irish Whiskey!? My lord, what will they think of next.

The big question for us is when does the Old Blowhard and Barterhouse hit town, lol.

Inquiring minds are inquiring! I have not heard anything yet. Maybe it will rain down on us like ECBP?

ECBP has been cleared off the shelves near me. It's all about the Seahawks Maker's Mark next!

Washingtontonians... PM me if you're interested in Old Blowhard and Barterhouse in WA.

Maker's Mark Seahawks bottles showed up at Total Wine today. They were all sold out in Bellevue and Lynnwood as of late morning (not sure of the other locations) but Bevmo is expecting some too. If you missed out on this round, keep in contact with your nearest Bevmo store. I have a feeling TW will be getting more too, I was surprised as how few bottles were received at each store after hearing how many cases TW was supposedly allocated.

Maker's Mark Seahawks bottles showed up at Total Wine today. They were all sold out in Bellevue and Lynnwood as of late morning (not sure of the other locations) but Bevmo is expecting some too. If you missed out on this round, keep in contact with your nearest Bevmo store. I have a feeling TW will be getting more too, I was surprised as how few bottles were received at each store after hearing how many cases TW was supposedly allocated.

This will be the first and last bottle of MM I ever purchase and I'm only getting it because my wife wants it!

I could really use a Green Spot in Oregon if anyone on Southern WA wants to help a fella out.

Don't know how close you are, but Total Wine in Vancouver, WA has it in stock.

Central Market in Shoreline has a Four Roses Private Selection Barrel Strength. For the life of me I can't remember the recipe. It runs ~$78 after tax. They have a dedicated wine/liquor staff so if you're interested you can call. They've also got a metric ton of Whistlepig 10-year and 11-year sitting in the "high-end room" collecting dust at outrageous prices (someone got snookered by the distributor it seems).

• 2 weeks later...

Bookers 25th has landed in the Northwest. I chanced across it outside Seattle so I don't know how wide the distribution is.

I have a buddy in Fall City looking for some ECBP. I was able to get a bottle and was telling him he may be able to find some off a shelf, bit he can't seem to. Does anyone know where any may be?

I have a buddy in Fall City looking for some ECBP. I was able to get a bottle and was telling him he may be able to find some off a shelf, bit he can't seem to. Does anyone know where any may be?

I think they're gone at this point - he may have to wait for ECBP Batch 4

Yeah I think stock here is gone. The Seattle area is about 2-4 months behind most of the country for arrivals, so batch 4 is probably a late spring/early summer purchase.

Who is going to direct me to the good dusty hunting when I am out there in July? Thinking I will set my goal high, maybe a 2011 Bookers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is going to direct me to the good dusty hunting when I am out there in July? Thinking I will set my goal high, maybe a 2011 Bookers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there is much in the way of dusties in these parts with the switch over from state controlled to private last year.

Never heard of that happening before. How did it play out? Were individuals allowed to bid on/buy state stores or did large chains take over?

Did y'all see any change in pricing, offerings, etc?

Seriously, if Michael is coming through your area, you should have an organized sweep before he passes by. He is just infamous for finding the dusties!! :)

Or accept the fact and invite him along so he can find your honey holes for you.

Never heard of that happening before. How did it play out? Were individuals allowed to bid on/buy state stores or did large chains take over?

Did y'all see any change in pricing, offerings, etc?

Some of the others from here can tell you a little better than me because I was not yet "into" this hobby then the way I am now. My understanding though is that individuals could buy the state stores, and some did, but that mostly the large chains took over.

Prices have indeed gone up quite a bit when including all the taxes at the various levels. Our out the door price is now among the highest in the country. (My timing for getting into this hobby was PERFCT).

I'm of a mind to just sit back and watch the master at work ;)

Let's just say we've traded one monopoly for distributors that hold monopolies over labels & prices have really soared. We hear complaints about paying "BX" prices for aftermarket bottles in other parts of the country but we pay close to "BX" prices for retail.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.