What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I enjoyed some FR OBSK from a store in Tallahassee. This one really opens up with a little bit of water. Good stuff!

Last night was weller 12, and my first taste of BTAC's THH. I liked the THH, still not sure if it was worth the $60, but it was pretty tasty. One of the better Rye's for sure.

As it was a good bit after midnight here on the east coast, my first pour of the Spring was FR SmB LE 12.

Last night I cracked open up an CEHT Tornado bottle a friend gave to me for my birthday. I have to be more careful with this bottle, the last one must have sprung a leak it disappeared so fast.

Had a few pours of the Kirkland 7 year old 103 proof bourbon (Costco store brand/ Beam produced) I had my first taste on the rocks and my second with just a splash of water. I think it is a really nice bottle for the price. ($19/ liter)

Had a few pours of the Kirkland 7 year old 103 proof bourbon (Costco store brand/ Beam produced) I had my first taste on the rocks and my second with just a splash of water. I think it is a really nice bottle for the price. ($19/ liter)

Also had the Kirkland side-by-side with Baker's. Both 7 years old. Proof is 103 on the former, 107 on the latter. Baker's has more going for it in terms of complexity and mouthfeel. Even so, I don't like it more than twice as much as the Kirkland as the price differential might suggest. Seems to me that once a bourbon crosses the "pretty damn good" threshold it becomes harder and harder to justify some of the premium prices. With that said, I recently bought two bottles of Blanton's on sale for $40 vs. the $50+ Ohio price.

Had a small sip of BT Barrel #50 of Single Oak Project. head cold and sinuses prevented me from tasting it to give a review.

A Michter's Sour Mash, neat with an ice water back. very nice and got the evening with customer's off to a good start. I will order it again.

Small sample of some Willett 10yr, store pick. Nice.

Looking forward to cracking open a bottle later.

B

My first official pour of Spring was at about 1 am this morning-- Fighting Cock 103. Delightful!

Speyside 10 yo.

Oh snap. It's scotch. :lol:

Hey Alden, just a heads up that there is a foreign whisky section with a "what are you drinking" thread. I do my best to keep discussion moving over there. Maybe you can help.

Had a taste of WTRRSB tonight that was amazing. Too late for me to have a serious go at it, but looking forward to the weekend for sure!!

switching it up and pouring non bourbon tonight. wanting to keep things interesting. starting off with balcones brimstone and will move to martin miller's westbourne strength gin, maybe with tonic or up.

Enjoying a nice pour of SB blend, and by nice I mean bigger than normal. :cool:

Edited by jtexaslonestar
Spelling

Due to cold weather here in Illinois I have been sticking to a strict regiment of GTS and WLW,hate to say it but winter is still in full swing!:shithappens:

Hey Alden, just a heads up that there is a foreign whisky section with a "what are you drinking" thread. I do my best to keep discussion moving over there. Maybe you can help.

My wife and I went to a wine-tasting at the store where ai had purchased my bottle of JPS 18 recently. When I tod the owner how much I liked it he invited us to comemint his office and let us try some Elijah Craig 20 yr. HOLY CRAP! IMO, hands down the best bourbon I've ever tasted. And them ai saw he had it for $165... Damn!

Started with a Jeffersons Reserve. Pretty good. Not great. Now having a PVW 20. Mmmm...Really good

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!