What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tapped my just bought HMcKenna 10 yr BIB and it's good stuff. Sweeter up front, but a long woody finish.

I like your description of the McKenna BIB. I've been diving into my first bottle, and find it is a very interesting bourbon. Some sips are sweet, some spicy, some woody, and some all three. As a 100 proof, single barrel, BIB, at under $30, it's one I'll certainly keep around.

Finished the OGD BIB and now enjoying the ERSB. Plus it's snowing like crazy and I don't need to go anywhere. This is a great weekend!

Decided to go 50mL sample size tonight. So far i've covered;

- Balcones True Blue, WT101 Rye, ETL, Willet 6yr and Bowman LE

Moved onto some WTRR SB and I'm really enjoying this...nice turkey profile from years gone by!

Clavius, I hate to be obtuse, but could you define "SB blend" for me. I've seen it several times but no comprende.

Mamba, it's a blend of OWA and W12, usually 1:1, meant to replicate the old Weller Centennial which was 10 year 100 proof.

Clavius, I hate to be obtuse, but could you define "SB blend" for me. I've seen it several times but no comprende.

StraightBourbon blend = Weller 12 and Weller Antique vatted together. The bottle I did is 50/50.

Thanks, Yeti (and Clavius). I find that wheaters blend/vat extremely well. I'll have to try this one, soon.

Sundown brought the howling thunderstorm which I braved with a couple fingers of Old Grand Dad.

Thanks, Yeti (and Clavius). I find that wheaters blend/vat extremely well. I'll have to try this one, soon.

I can sell you a custom blend in a limited edition decanter. Only $400. If you've read the Wall Street Journal you'd know what a deal that is.

post-9014-14489818782201_thumb.jpg

Lucky I don't take the Journal! My only bottle of Pappy 20 was $85 + tax. The early JPS17s were close, and were about $5 less around here. Should have bought all they had.

I'm having some VSOF12, the best wheater I've got left.

SFS, you seem to be enjoying your wood notes tonight. A pair of nice, smooth, extra-aged beauties, there!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!