What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

DW and I were looking for something to do tonight, and ended up with rush tickets to an all-Wagner program at the Boston Symphony.

MM at the bar during intermission, the secret is to order it neat!

A great concert, but I can't listen to the Tannhauser Overture without hearing Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd in my head, singing over parts of it in "What's Opera Doc".

Winding down now with a little OFBB 2011.

Last night I worked my way into a bottle of "Kentucky Walker" I found this on a scouting mission of new (old) liquor stores in my neighborhood. Pleasant, super mild bourbon. I could not find any information on the forum about it so any input would be appreciated. Tastes like Barton stock, similar to that Jesse James Outlaw bourbon. Not bad "aged 36 months" a lot of flavor is missing due to the 80 proof I think.

Can anyone shed more light on this $18 bottle of tolerable?

Going top shelf bottom shelf Four Roses this afternoon. 4RSmB LE 2012 and 4R Yellow label.

Best regards, Tony

I'm working on a version of the Negroni cocktail using Bourbon rather than gin and Aperol rather than Campari.

I'm working on a version of the Negroni cocktail using Bourbon rather than gin and Aperol rather than Campari.

Sounds like you are close to a Boulevardier.

I suppose so, to me its a recipe composed of three equal parts. So far Barton is ahead of the other whisky runners. More work is needed.

Starting off with a pour of OWA 7/107. Very tasty, may have to go for seconds...

Enjoyed some WSR last night. This is the first time I had had it since trying it over a year ago near the beginning of my bourbon hobby, and I definitely had a new, different experience with it this time around.

That first time, a year ago, I remember thinking that it was nice and clean but almost completely lacking in flavor. At that point, I had only every had basic rye bourbons like WT101, EWB, and Four Roses as reference points. I had to wait for a few weeks for some really interesting, almost spicy woodier flavors to emerge (the controversial 'wheater air-time?'). This time around, though, I was struck by how rich and creamy it was. The taste was fine - mildly sweet with some lemon candy - but the creaminess really did it for me.

Anyway, I am huge on mouthfeel, so that creamy, coating quality in a bourbon so reasonably priced is a big selling point for me. I know of a place in Saint Louis that sells handles of this; I think I found my next standard/value pour.

Having a nice pour of Old Farm Pure Rye Whiskey. Love this stuff! I could drink it by the case...

Having a nice pour of Old Farm Pure Rye Whiskey. Love this stuff! I could drink it by the case...

Wrong thread to post in.:grin:

I am having a pour of CEHT Tornado Surviving bourbon in honor of Alden's experience today. Cheers!

I am having a pour of CEHT Tornado Surviving bourbon in honor of Alden's experience today. Cheers!

I should be having some of that! Send that bottle my way, OK?

I just had a Manhattan with JB rye. First time I made one with rye. It's good, quite spicy.

Sundown brought the howling thunderstorm which I braved with a couple fingers of Old Grand Dad.

That could be 'taken' a few different ways. ;)

:slappin:I see what you did there.

Edited by CoMobourbon

First fantasy baseball draft of the year for me today -- at a sports bar with a highly dubious selection of whiskey and beer. So I started with a neat pour of Maker's Mark, which I proceeded to refill with PVW15 from a flask throughout the afternoon. The bar owner is in the league, so I had to refill on the DL....

Watching Buckeyes squeak by Iowa St today, had JPS 18 #13 and TPS JPS 18, then a little SB Blend.

Golf never came, so in homage to the poor weather in N. Florida, I've poured a MSL pick of the 2002 EWSB. Jon and Barry, you guys did a nice job picking this barrel.

Golf never came, so in homage to the poor weather in N. Florida, I've poured a MSL pick of the 2002 EWSB. Jon and Barry, you guys did a nice job picking this barrel.

I'm about 80 miles or so east of you. Bay Hill Golf Classic was a bust this afternoon.

This was supposed to be a turkey hunting weekend for me. Didn't happen. Postponed till this coming Saturday.

At least you got some of the good stuff in your belly.

And you got to see a tornado. Have another pour.

I did have some Wild Turkey 101. :grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!